Boro v Birmingham (A) 2-2

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

We're gonna batter Brighton boys. Promotion party afterwards, can't wait!

We don't batter anyone. Ever.

Brighton away for a start...

We dominated that game, agreed. It was as close as we've come to battering anyone... but I was thinking more like 4+ goals.

We haven't scored four all season. Both of our rivals have done it at least four times.... and both have scored five in a game too.

We dominated that game, agreed. It was as close as we've come to battering anyone... but I was thinking more like 4+ goals.

We haven't scored four all season. Both of our rivals have done it at least four times.... and both have scored five in a game too.

We don't need to batter them. We score 1 more than them we go up...

That linesman has history, only this year and he gets put into a huge game like that. Are we having coco the clown as referee for next weekend?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/poor-refereeing-adds-wrexham-afcs-10682066

There also seems to be a bit of speculation as to where he is from, some reports state he's a Lancashire official from Padiham (3 miles from Burnley) but some say he's from Huddersfield.

Still fuming over the linesman's decision last night but its gone now, got a leaflet thorough the door for a free eye test at specsavers but don't have the linesman's email.

How many chances do we need to put a game to bed, it was the same against Ipswich last week, we keep missing gilt edged chances.

Leadbitter showed what you can do when you have a go outside the box, so why are our players so reluctant to shoot from outside or on the edge of the box.

Why must we always take a 2nd touch instead of whipping a cross in 1st time.

Why did Karanka wait so long to get Nugent on the pitch, I was shouting to get him on 20 minutes from the end.

How many times did we get done in the air from set pieces, particularly Gibbo, Ayala was superb.

Dimi I thought should have done better for the 1st goal, but not much chance with the 2nd in my opinion.

Everyone keeps saying about our quality squad, but I keep repeating, we are woefully short in certain positions, no natural left sided player apart from Downing(forget De Pena not getting a look in) no right sided wide man if Adomah gets injured barring pushing Nsue in that position and one natural centre half in Fry and a RB Kalas to cover Gibson & Ayala.

Yes its in our hands against Brighton, but we should have walked this league had we been a bit more attack minded, especially given the poor teams who've taken points off us and beaten us.

We don't need to batter them. We score 1 more than them we go up...

True enough. I would take that big time. CLEARLY.

Brighton are a different proposition from from the side that we beat in December though. From what I've heard, they had six 1st team players out that day, and they've also strengthened in the January window.

If anyone DOES get battered, I don't think it'll be Brighton.

Well iv'e just woken up with a very sore head. Seemed to take forever to get home last night. First thing i want to say is how fantastic the support was last night, probably deserved to win if only for that reason. Did we play well? I don't think we played too badly at all to be honest. On another day we could easily have scored 5 or 6. I have only just watched the replay of the disallowed goal which as everyone else has stated was absolutely shocking. In different circumstances, a draw would have been a decent result and one i would have settled for at the start of the season. This was never going to be an easy game. We are better than Birmingham, but not by a wide margin, so a draw shouldn't be the biggest shock you will see this season especially given the pressure situation of the game. Brighton and Burnley should both win their games on Monday given their current form and if either or both slip up,it will most likely be the pressure that beats them. If it turns out that we fail to win automatic promotion, i don't believe last night was the deciding factor. Neither was the draw at Burnley. I think you have to look back to that 36th game and the events that were happening prior to that. However, it is never over till the fat lady sings as they say. We still have a chance. If you go back 10 games, how many of you would have taken this situation then.

UTB :heart:

That linesman has history, only this year and he gets put into a huge game like that. Are we having coco the clown as referee for next weekend?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/poor-refereeing-adds-wrexham-afcs-10682066

There also seems to be a bit of speculation as to where he is from, some reports state he's a Lancashire official from Padiham (3 miles from Burnley) but some say he's from Huddersfield.

If he actually is from near burnley...wow.

Not usually one for the tin foil hat but I think I'd have it firmly on if he is from Padiham.

I think Dimi should be cut a little bit of slack for last night. Some of the strikes were belters and were moving all over the place. He does have a tendency to put it back in danger areas but last night I think he did ok. Even if he was terrible mind, he doesn't deserve abuse. I honestly wouldn't bother with social media if I was famous.

Last night's weather does no favours for goalies either.

Huge difference between needing a win and a draw against Brighton... yes we are at home and the onus is on us, but Brighton have firepower... lets say Hemed bangs one in early on, how many of you will expect us to turn that around? I for one do not. But only needing to equalise is a different thing altogether.

Too many people wrote off Brighton this season long into the season, they are a very good side - playing better football than us - so any help Derby can give is important.

It's interesting to look at Hull's team v Bolton today, they're in a similar position to Derby, playing for 4th place in effect. They have named a decent team but one or two noteable absences (no Hernandez, Robertson, Livermore) ... think we will expect the same from Derby

We're a different animal at the Riverside, and against the top sides we seem to go up a gear, I'll make a prediction Brighton are an attacking side next Saturday they will be the ones defending for their lives.

97/98 it was magic Merson/Armstrong next week it will be Ramirez/Rhodes, magic Ramirez will win this game for us, class will tell.

What sort of abuse?

The one he screenshotted basically told him to go back to "his own poverty land" and then called him a "Greek nonce".

Morons  :(