• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

[align=left]

Chief superintendent Steve Graham

I was the police commander for the match between Birmingham City and Middlesbrough last Friday night. This was quite a large operation given the large number of travelling fans who made the journey south.

While we had a few issues with smoke devices and pyrotechnics, there was one incident that I wanted to draw your attention to and thank you for.

During the second half a number of Boro supporters made contact with stewards and police officers to report a Boro fan using racist language.

This is awful behaviour and without the cooperation of fans is difficult to pick up. I am therefore delighted that so many people came forward to do the right thing.

Their actions led to this person being arrested and charged with racially aggravated Section 5.

Can I thank those who reported the matter to us and take this opportunity to wish you all the best for however long remains in your season.”

[/align]

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-west-midlands-police-birmingham-city-3092815.aspx

Nice to see that we have a zero tolerance to racism, how about we get one for flares, I cannot fathom out of what they achieve apart from disrupting the game, obscuring people's view but more importantly been bloody dangerous, why do we have to copy foreign supporters

I was quite ashamed of the flares tbh, money issues prevent me from travelling away (and to a lot of home games tbh) and I've always been really proud of our travelling support but when I saw the flares out, I was embarassed for them.

Nice to see that we have a zero tolerance to racism, how about we get one for flares, I cannot fathom out of what they achieve apart from disrupting the game, obscuring people's view but more importantly been bloody dangerous, why do we have to copy foreign supporters

I can't understand why someone let one off in the first half.

Even taking most stupidity out of consideration for a second, they were obscuring Dimi's view by setting one off in the first half. Absolute idiocy that could have helped Brum score.