oneBoro Forum

Before it all ends

Can I just say, I have really enjoyed being here with like minded and intelligent people. My first and probably last time I will find decent people outside of my own club.

We have had banter, anger and fun, but at the end of the day it has been about what we love, our respective footy clubs.

I love Brighton as you love Boro and I want us to beat you final game, whatever the odds are, and you are the same. But we hold a place with each other. We both know what we want. 

I salute you guys on here. When I first posted before Christmas I was a little drunk (sorry), but you still took me in. I said in January I would leave you alone and come back at the end of season. I did just that. I am happy to call you football friends.

Good luck lads, but not at the expense of my boys.

Agent BWS..... (our man in Brighton)  ..... your mission is to locate this person and shake his hand from me .  What a pleasure it is in this age of greed corruption and selfishness to come across such a fair minded . level headed , respectful and all round good egg . its been a true pleasure interminglin with ya mate  and what a shame its almost certain that one of our teams will have to run the gauntlet of them pesky playoffs  .  obviously im rootin for my homies next week  but you have my absolute word that if i get my wish in that one .....i will shout your boys on to in your next 3 games.

HERE HERE.

I shall be out and about in the pubs of Brighton next weekend, I'm not sure where to watch the match yet, I know many are off to the Amex to watch it on the big screen there, I'll probably be in the Prince Albert for the match, if you are on there too, seagulls then it's my round.

Great thread seagulls, I've had some issues with your posts in the past but I respect you as an opposition fan and your love for your club is obvious.

I wish we could both go up automatically.

I shall be out and about in the pubs of Brighton next weekend, I'm not sure where to watch the match yet, I know many are off to the Amex to watch it on the big screen there, I'll probably be in the Prince Albert for the match, if you are on there too, seagulls then it's my round.

I have a ticket for the Amex, although I've been struck down with flu and may have to watch from home.

Hope he pops back on with his thoughts on today

It was always going down to the wire, so the Derby game didn't really have a huge bearing for me.

Yeah, that was always the likely scenario as soon as Burnley netted that late goal in our game. But the Derby result did have a massive effect on the showdown game as we are now the team who can use a draw. That has calmed my nerves a bit as we always show up in the big games, and "only" needing a draw is absolutely massive. If Brighton only needed a point I would have had you down as slight favourites, but now that Boro can do with a draw we must be favourites. You have to come at us and we have some dangerous players when we break.

We can all agree this shows that Brighton fans are good people and whilst I of course want them to feel the pain of defeat on saturday very much hope they are there with us come the 28th

Hope he pops back on with his thoughts on today

It was always going down to the wire, so the Derby game didn't really have a huge bearing for me.

It's been that case for a while, I think. It will be interesting to see if the draw is significant though. I feel both teams have to go for a win.

But we do have the satisfaction of playing our game to go about getting it. The way we play at our best is patient build up and at times when we have needed a win it's been infuriating but this might just be the perfect game for it now given the result at the Amex on Monday.

Brighton would much rather be in our position. If we score, they have to score twice. No team has scored more than one goal in the league at the Riverside since August 2014. And only Hull have beaten us out of the previous 9 games we've played against the top 6 - and that was one of those weird games where everything went wrong from start to finish.

Their best chance of winning this is to nick a 1-0 win like they did before.

I can't hate Brighton as a club. We have no rivalry with them. Although their manager was in charge of the skunks, he's a decent fella who composes himself extremely well. Plus they don't have many ***head players or fans. No Joey Barton or Callum Wilson and their fans have only been violent when they've needed to be. (Mid 90's protests.)

Yeah if we *** up on Saturday, at least its them going up in our place. Rather than some cheating little cretins like Muff. I hope to god, they are somehow able to replace that tinpot club in the top-flight for the foreseeable future.

Welcome back Seagulls, must be intense down on the South Coast as it is in the North East?

What time are the buses leaving Brighton on Saturday? must be a very early hours job.

Welcome back Seagulls, must be intense down on the South Coast as it is in the North East?

What time are the buses leaving Brighton on Saturday? must be a very early hours job.

I think for most it'll be around 3am. As I live some 20 miles from Brighton I can only gauge it by North Stand Chat, I haven't been out of the house. I have a ticket for the Amex to watch the beam back but I have the flu and shall be watching from relative comfort of my own home now.