oneBoro Forum

Reasons to be Cheerful 1-2-3

Chaps

Back from a wonderful 2 weeks in the Maldives with the missus and thought I should post if only to settle frayed nerves of some on here

Reason 1

An awful lot of people on here like FACTS and statistics so here is the biggie. I was in the UK during all of our great clubs unbeaten run post Charlton (Was there too but less about that the better) and my plane hadn't yet left UK soil when Jordan notched the winner at Bolton. Upon my departure we have only managed 3 draws. So based on all known statistics since Charlton if I am in the UK we win and if we are not we don't! I apologise for being the cause of our little blip but I am back now, with ticket in hand for Brighton, so it stands to reason we will win.

Reason 2

Mr Karanka has realised who his best team is and that especially includes a settled front 4. We also have Dani Ayala back , Grant and Adam in the middle and Rhodes is scoring. In Downing and Ramirez we have proven premiership quality and Albert has found the consistency we have all criticised him for in the past. Oh and did I mention Rhodes is scoring goals.  

Reason 3

When it comes to the big games this year against the top 6 we are far and away the best team. Last year that was not the case but not this year. We put 3 past Brighton earlier in the season and last season easily beat them at their place and you can discount the draw up here as there was nothing on the game by then. When it counts we are the better team and that will show on Saturday. 

So there you have irrefutable proof to any nervous nellies out there that glory beckons on saturday.

UTB

I can't take this end to the season. The nerves are killing me. I try to draw comfort in the fact that we are at home and are generally good and only have ourselves to rely on. A playoff final in our own back yard. What more do the players need.

Just on the last game of last season, I'm pretty sure we wanted to play Brentford in the semis and I genuinely believe that had an effect on how we approached getting a victory.

The Riverside is going to be blessed with my presence this game too. 100% record this season so far.

I just can't help looking back at our last 3 draws and thinking if we'd hung on a couple more minutes at Burnley, if one of our million chances against Ipswich had gone in and if we hadn't had a goal wrongly disallowed at Birmingham then we'd already be up.

I've gotta admit it is more exciting that it's going to be decided on the last day against one of our closest rivals but I don't think I'm going to be able to handle us not going up again if we lose.

Just on the last game of last season, I'm pretty sure we wanted to play Brentford in the semis and I genuinely believe that had an effect on how we approached getting a victory.

The Riverside is going to be blessed with my presence this game too. 100% record this season so far.

Me too wilson, only 5 home games this year but we're on a 9-0 aggregate score. Im even taking the friday off to ensure a smooth trip up