oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Brighton 1-1 Boro are promoted

Almost forgot but this will (hopefully) be the last Boro game for three months....

What will we do with our saturdays :(

Come on man, don't be jinxing us like this.

What you mean is: what would we hypothetically do with our Saturdays if the situation played out that way; hypothetically of course.

Can't be tempting anything bro, hope you understand.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it was circa £100m per team per seasom KM, so it would be £300m over 3 successfull seasons in the PL.

I'm not sure it was on the ITV tyne tees news at 10.30.

Almost forgot but this will (hopefully) be the last Boro game for three months....

What will we do with our saturdays :(

Bumming the transfer thread of course. :P

I thought it was circa £100m per team per seasom KM, so it would be £300m over 3 successfull seasons in the PL.

The teams that go up this season will benefit from a windfall of just under £100 million. If they are then relegated they will receive parachute payments making up £70 million (over 2 years). Survival could see them earn £290 million.

How much does the club owe Gibson? I'm not thinking he wants the club to pay him back in one rate, but at least it means he won't have to plough money into the club for the foreseeable future. I really hope we do it for him.

I'm sure the accounts will show the debt. But I think he capitalised most of it into equity, so issued more shares. That said, there is no shame in Gibbo taking this opportunity to make Boro a profitable club if we do manage to overcome Brighton. Our revenue would be at least £120M, so even if we had a squad of 23 on an average annual salary of £3m (which seems a high average) wages would be say £75m all in with manager, back room staff etc. I would be amazed if stadium and academy costs exceed '£10-15m annually (really big number), so leaving c£30m. That seems to be about the profitability being shown by clubs like Leicester etc. It all depends how smart we are on transfer fees, more Juninho less Alves!!

All that money talk aside, can't wait till tomorrow - biggest game at the Riverside in a long time. I'm not going to predict a score, don't want to jinx it.

The teams that go up this season will benefit from a windfall of just under £100 million. If they are then relegated they will receive parachute payments making up £70 million (over 2 years). Survival could see them earn £290 million.

Bloody hell.

Just seen on SSN

Financial gain for 2016/17 could put either club into world's top 30 revenue generating clubs.

One more days work and sleep (If I can manage to sleep) then 6.30 start tomorrow morning to get there in plenty of time to drink in the atmosphere !!

I hope George is fit so we can start our strongest team.