oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Brighton 1-1 Boro are promoted

Chances of promotion doesn't get any bigger than this. At home and only need a draw. The players simply have to see this through.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andy Campbell! Voted Cardiff's worst ever signing at a later date, which was a sad post script to his tale.

Cardiff did that do QPR during their stay in the Welsh capital for their playoff final in 2003.

Bonus Boro point: Who scored the winning goal in that final?

Andy Campbell.

I really hope nobody does any of this stuff.  No need for it.

Gonna have to be heading off to bed soon. I'm going to be laid in bed not being able to sleep for ages anyway, might as well do it ASAP.

I'm feeling weird. Don't really feel nervous, more excitement. I just want to be there. I'm knackered after travelling up from London today but I could go a couple of hours at the Riverside for these lads.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!

Im taking a couple of mates from uni who come from down south tomorrow and I need a few places to go before the game.. Get into the train station at 10 and want to be at the ground around 12, so can any of you recommend any decent pubs to go to before to get the best atmosphere and show them how its properly done, cheers.

Been looking at the results over the season for us and Brighton, specifically our records against the other teams in the top 6 (10 matches in total, obviously only 9 played so far). Here's how it breaks down if anyone is interested.

We've played 9, won 6, drawn 2 and lost 1. We've scored 13 and conceded 6. Breaking that down further, we've had 4 games at home and 5 away. Starting away, we've won 2, drawn 2 and lost 1, scoring 8 but conceding 6. At home we've been better - winning 4, scoring 5 and conceding none at all.

Brighton's record against the top 6 looks like this: Played 9, won 1, drawn 7 and lost 1, scoring 7 and conceding 8 in the process. At home, that's 1 win, 3 draws and a loss, scoring 4 and conceding 5. It's their away form we're interested in though, right? Well, that's like this - played 4, drawn 4, scored 3 and conceded 3.

However, only one of their away matches against the top 6 has come after January when they improved their squad even further, and that was the 0-0 at Hull in February. Their other results since January have been 3 home draws against Sheff Wed (0-0), Burnley (2-2) and Derby (1-1).

If we expand this to the current top 10, Brighton's away record is improved only slightly, to 2 wins, 5 draws and 1 defeat, scoring 9 and conceding 10. Their total record, home and away, against everyone in the top 10, is won 5, drawn 9 and lost 3, 19 for and 18 against.

Since January, when you'd say they've been improved by their signings, their overall record against the current top 10 is won 2, drawn 4 and lost 1, scoring 9 and conceding 8. They've actually only played 3 games away against the current top 10 since January though, winning, drawing and losing 1 apiece.

Our record against the current top 10 for comparison is won 10, drawn 6, lost 2, for 24, against 11. At home, it's won 6 and drawn 2, scoring 11 and conceding 2.

What does any of this mean? Probably, in a big one off game like this, absolutely nothing other than my misses is out and I've got nothing better to do than stew over this one sodding game!

Im taking a couple of mates from uni who come from down south tomorrow and I need a few places to go before the game.. Get into the train station at 10 and want to be at the ground around 12, so can any of you recommend any decent pubs to go to before to get the best atmosphere and show them how its properly done, cheers.

Most the guys and gals from the forum are heading to Lloyds in the morning.

Right I'm going to try and get some kip so going to make this an earlier than normal rallying call...

Around a year ago we had our dreams shattered at Wembley (***ing schitehole) and the journey since then had been truly extraordinary, we now find ourselves on the verge of promotion once again, my advice to everyone is..

ENJOY THE MOMENT, SING YOUR HEARTS OUT, ROAR ON THE LADS FROM BEGINNING TO END! IF WE WIN/DRAW TAKE OVER CENTRE SQUARE AND PARTY HARD. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE BEST CELEBRATION EVER BECAUSE WE'VE WAITED 7 YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT. IF WE FAIL THEN WE PICK OURSELVES UP AND GO AGAIN.

COME ON BORO

***ING COMMMEEE ONNN BOROOOOO

WE SHALL OVERCOME.

Much like the rest of us I'm going to have a sleepless night. Can't explain how nervous I am. Can't go go the match and don't think I can bare to watch it. Haven't decided yet but think I may just end up turning my phone off and going for a walk (or a pint) and find out afterwards. Hopefully I'll post after and be celebrating is finally back where we belong

Much like the rest of us I'm going to have a sleepless night. Can't explain how nervous I am. Can't go go the match and don't think I can bare to watch it. Haven't decided yet but think I may just end up turning my phone off and going for a walk (or a pint) and find out afterwards. Hopefully I'll post after and be celebrating is finally back where we belong

I'll be feeling the same if we make Wembley

If you do it you can go and join the Leicester and Burnley fans on cloud 9, although I think Burnley fans have been up there since kick off on day 1...