oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Brighton 1-1 Boro are promoted

I do hate all the "phases" of the offside rule, but as it stands our goal wasn't offside.

Can see why Brighton are upset about the red card too - I don't think it was malicious, but it was high, studs showing and you could say reckless. Whether he won the ball or not (obviously he did) doesn't matter - there's no rule that says you can't foul someone just because you also won the ball. I'd have been annoyed if he only got a yellow, but can see why Brighton fans would disagree.

No need to have a go at Ramirez though - he's quite clearly been injured by it whatever your view on the red card.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First comment since the final whistle went.... WOW! I am so incredibly proud to be a Middlesbrough fan this afternoon, seeing those players I love celebrating at the end was the best feeling in the world! I will be watching the playoffs with interest and will be cheering on Brighton, really want them to get promotion too!!!

I have absolutely loved Sky's coverage of the Championship over the past few seasons - I must say I will really miss it!

So happy!

You could always tune in to support The Cartoon Army or The Mackems.  :s

Haha this is true! I would quite like Norwich to go down too after the Playoff final. Newcastle and Norwich for me :D

Chris Hughton

"I’m very proud of my players for the performance they put in against a team that’s assembled as it is and the crowd they’ve got here."

Red card

"Sometimes you go with your gut feeling. My initial reaction was it was nowhere near a red card. He has won the ball and came away with the ball. I’m very disappointed with the red card being given"

"Hughton says he’s seen a replay of sending off incident and says he’s “still waiting” for someone to show him an angle which makes him think it was a red card."

Think that's the first time I've ever seen a ref change from a Yellow to a Red card after seeing damage on a player. Personally couldn't believe it when the Red came out, but I'll take it as it came at a time when Boro had conceded and have traditionally struggled in the second half. Would have been complete backs to the walls job I reckon.

But... Back in the big time! So pleased for Steve Gibson, Karanka, the players and the fans. What a rollercoaster of a season it has been!

P.S. Had to laugh when Leo attempted to stop Brighton getting the ball back to take a throw in!!!

UTB!

YESSSSSSSSSSS WHERE BACK BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

the moment the final whistle went ..and celebration time

just noticed this was post 860 of the thread on page 86 of the thread .....how fitting for a team reborn in 86

Chris Hughton

"I’m very proud of my players for the performance they put in against a team that’s assembled as it is and the crowd they’ve got here."

Red card

"Sometimes you go with your gut feeling. My initial reaction was it was nowhere near a red card. He has won the ball and came away with the ball. I’m very disappointed with the red card being given"

"Hughton says he’s seen a replay of sending off incident and says he’s “still waiting” for someone to show him an angle which makes him think it was a red card."

How about the angle where his studs are clearly attached to Gaston's legs.

It doesn't really matter whether he won the ball or not, going that high for the ball was reckless & the red card was deserved.

First comment since the final whistle went.... WOW! I am so incredibly proud to be a Middlesbrough fan this afternoon, seeing those players I love celebrating at the end was the best feeling in the world! I will be watching the playoffs with interest and will be cheering on Brighton, really want them to get promotion too!!!

I have absolutely loved Sky's coverage of the Championship over the past few seasons - I must say I will really miss it!

So happy!

You could always tune in to support The Cartoon Army or The Mackems.  :s

Haha this is true! I would quite like Norwich to go down too after the Playoff final. Newcastle and Norwich for me :D

It's win win win.

Still prefer Newcastle and Sunderland to go down though, just for kicks  :D

Chris Hughton

Red card

I think the damage suggests that the studs were high and it was dangerous. I'm not sure how he'd get the injury otherwise.

• Like 1

Just had Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on the door wanting to talk to me about God.

Had to send them away or I'd have spent the next half hour telling them about Steve Gibson.

The referee has to make judgement calls based on the evidence that he has available to him.

Its mark of a good ref who uses all that evidence to make the correct call. And let's be honest it was an awful challenge. Mike Dean is a very competent official and I think he should be praised for making those type of calls.

Well I've had an hour to get over the disappointment.

I wish Boro well in the Prem and I am praying that we can come through the Playoffs.

It would seem that we played better with 10 than 11 but ultimately could not break you down. Football can be so gut wrenching at times - 46 games and had we lost 2-0 to you at the Amex we would have been promoted. :huh:

Once again well done.