• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm alone down in Birmingham, work down here. I had tears in my eyes seeing it all unfold. My heart was in my mouth when that last long-ball went up, then Dimi caught it and it was like someone lifted seven years of lingering doubt off my shoulders. Screamed the place down, then I cried, and I keep periodically welling up now. We've not got a lot to shout about in Boro, but *** me did we shout today.

Up the ***ing Boro.

I'm alone down in Birmingham, work down here. I had tears in my eyes seeing it all unfold. My heart was in my mouth when that last long-ball went up, then Dimi caught it and it was like someone lifted seven years of lingering doubt off my shoulders. Screamed the place down, then I cried, and I keep periodically welling up now. We've not got a lot to shout about in Boro, but *** me did we shout today.

Up the *** Boro.

Bet you're feeling more than Handsome today mate, UTFB!

Just back, what a day, best atmosphere I've experienced in forty years of following the Boro, crowd literally carried the team over the finishing line .

Wonderful, wonderful day.

Finally got myself home. What a day!

We played very well in the first half and should/could have scored a couple more. It looked like it was going to be an easy coast through to promotion. Aitor clearly recognised this problem and had a word with the lads at half time: "lads, do you know what team, what club you're playing for? This isn't the Boro way... now get out there and make this the most painful 53 minutes of their lives. They'll love you for it... honest!". I thought we lost our way a bit when gaston was forced off, but luckily the Man advantage seemed to stifle Brighton a bit, although some of their passing was still very good.

Never been so nervous at a football game as I was in those last 20 minutes. Torture. And I didn't even realise the ref had blown his whistle at the end, I thought the pitch invasion had jumped the gun.

Unbelievable that we'll be playing Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, ***nal and the mighty Foxes next Year! With 200m in the bank n all.

Good to meet up with a good few off here before the game.

Just seen some awful scenes at Centre Square. Tons of glass bottles being thrown around, the square is covered in glass. What absolute ***ers.

Like, I know people are going to go mental because we're up and the place is going to be a mess regardless in the morning, truly feel for the people who have to clean up. Feel even worse for them if they have to deal with a ton of broken glass.

There isn't a little smiley for 'phew' so I'm going to use the following instead  :dodgy: :exclamation: :D :dodgy: :exclamation: :D

It was nice of Karanka to stir things up beforehand with the team changes!  I know there was some talk of illness in the squad but I have no idea if the changes were down to that or just tactical.

First 10 mins were hectic with neither side settling.  If anything I thought Brighton were showing more signs of being the first to calm down a bit before we scored.  Nice little set piece routine.  After that I thought we got a lot more control on things.  They seemed to lose their heads a bit. I don't think we were especially fluent with the ball but we kept putting them under pressure and really we should have been further ahead by half time and had we been ahead that would have been the game done and dusted.

Second half and as we see quite often we started slowly and they began to get back into it.  Their goal came the only way they looked likely to get one against us all afternoon from a set piece.  I don't think they created much at all throughout the game albeit they had 10 men for a decent chunk of it.

The sending off is a tricky one.  Their lad to me had no malicious intent.  If the ball is off the ground then it's inevitable that people's studs will be up unless players stand still and wait for the ball to drop and that's never going to happen.  It's not a challenge I want to see red cards for but when the ball is off the ground and you either try to come at it from the side or from above then you're always running the risk of connecting with an opposition player and then it looks reckless when really it wasn't.  It's impossible to say what effect the sending off had as with 11 men they'd essentially created nothing against us.  I do think that Stephens sending off saved Knockaert though as he should have gone for two yellows and if Dean hadn't already sent one off then I'm sure he'd have been on his way.

I don't think either side really showed up today, the occasion was obviously just too much for it to be anything other than a niggly, bitty game without much in the way of good football.  That probably suited us more than them.  For such a tense and nervy occasion they actually didn't really threaten us much, the first half in particular they were toothless. Can't fault the lads for their effort without the ball today.  That was more like the old us actually from December.  With the ball though we were a bit lacking. I just wish we'd made more of our opportunities in the first half because our decision making was quite poor and we showed little composure - perhaps understandable given the situation but it lead to a tougher game than it really should have been.  All credit to Karanka and the players though, it's been a long season and they've done what was needed to get us over the line.  Great effort from them all.

One minor thing - I'm sick of the ***e that Leo gets up to on the sidelines.  I know there will be some who think it's hilarious but it's classless.  We should be better than that and I don't think it reflects well on the club at all.  We don't need to do that and it makes us look like ***s tbh.  There's too much chew on the sidelines involving us - I can just about understand the cynical stuff on the pitch even if I don't agree with it but that stuff is just plain stupid.

What a day though for young and old alike. Fantastic  :D 

Oh yeah and I hope Steve Gibson is enjoying himself right now, he deserves it.  Thanks mate.

Wouldn't be surprised if the bones in MRS Gwen Stuanis hands have turned to dust after how hard i was squeezing through those last eight minutes.

She doesn't even like football and she felt anxious too.

Guess what. WE ARE BACK WE ARE BACK WE ARE BACK

https://streamable.com/c5ig Celebrations at the whistle.

What a day! Honestly incomparable feeling, we *** did it!

Never seen so many fans on the side of the pitch waiting for the final whistle as I did today

Leo should of put the coach who pushed AK on the floor. Odious chunt.

Last laugh and all that

One thing I will say though, good ***ing riddance to this league. What a ***ing slog it is over the season. I'm buzzing that the club is now financially secure and not living off Gibbo. Things would have been tight over the next few seasons if we had not of gone up.

Brighton forum gone into total meltdown about the red card, they feel it was a fair challenge and Ramirez "knocked the yellow out of Mike Dean's hand"

Can you say bitter???

He did knock the yellow out of Mike deans hand, he then showed Dean to huge gash in his leg and Dean agreed that it should be a red.

It was the assistant that made him swap cards.

Brighton forum gone into total meltdown about the red card, they feel it was a fair challenge and Ramirez "knocked the yellow out of Mike Dean's hand"

Can you say bitter???

He did knock the yellow out of Mike deans hand, he then showed Dean to huge gash in his leg and Dean agreed that it should be a red.

It was the assistant that made him swap cards.

That's fair enough, although Dean was quite clearly mouthing 'look at his leg' to the Brighton players who were protesting. Ramirez definitely knocked the card from his hand though.

Yeah, pretty sure from watching the highlights back that Dean was conversing with his assistant before deciding it was a red. Was nothing to do with the players. He might or might not have been motivated somewhat by the actual injury when he sees it but pretty sure he asked the assistant about it first.