oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Brighton 1-1 Boro are promoted

This shows who spent how many days in each position. It shows that our second place was justified over the course of the season. It also shows how hard it was to hang onto first!

Of course, it isn't really the best way to measure the league, given that in last season's, Forest spent more days at the top than any other team when they started like a bullet under Pearce!  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This shows who spent how many days in each position. It shows that our second place was justified over the course of the season. It also shows how hard it was to hang onto first!

Of course, it isn't really the best way to measure the league, given that in last season's, Forest spent more days at the top than any other team when they started like a bullet under Pearce!  

Same goes for Brighton here. Did they ever make it back to the top after their run in December?

The best way to measure the league is where you finish at the end of it when all the games are played. You don't really need another way, that's the whole point of a league system.

Same goes for Brighton here. Did they ever make it back to the top after their run in December?

It doesn't seem like they did. I don't think they ever held an advantage over us after we spanked them at the AMEX. They were constantly playing catch-up or ahead of us but with us having games in hand.

Well done for working that out. ;)

I was just pointing out that it was interesting.

Just trying to be helpful :)

Just watched the match again. That bit at the end that even I've had a go at Leo about. In fairness to Leo, the ball is coming over into the Boro coaching area and Calderwood belts into Leo as Leo goes to pick the ball up which makes Leo react the way he does. I actually have a bit more sympathy for Leo there than I did before. Calderwood has come out of the Brighton area when he shouldn't have to begin with.

It's all a bit daft to say really but Calderwood has attempted to gain an advantage in getting the ball back quicker by running into our area. Leo has levelled that playing field by slowing him down. Calderwood pushes Leo and he reacts.

We all know Leo is capable of being a bit mental at times and it's why he gets such a good reaction from the stands and why we all love him. I also think most recognise how much he gets away with gamesmanship at times. But I think in that situation, Calderwood has not been a saint and in my perhaps rose-tinted eyes, is actually the worst of the two, especially when you combine it to the pure pettiness of the push on Karanka at the final whistle. That was just uncalled for when Aitor wasn't involved in any of the bother on the sidelines.

With regards to coaching staff etc holding onto the ball etc.....every team does it when it suits. Had Brighton been 2-1 up, Calderwood would have done the same thing.

Football is an incredibly hyprocritical sport. All teams do the same thing when it's in their interests and all teams get the hump when they feel the opposition are trying to waste time.

It was handbags and Calderwood doesn't exactly have a rich history,. After Phil O'Donnell died, every club in Scotland and England had a minute's applause before their game, except Nottingham Forest, who, at Calderwood's request (he was the manager) they not have one as it was silly to have a tribute to everyone and why was he more important than a guy from Colombia. He apologised when he went to manage Hibs 3 years later because he didn't want to be booed.

Whilst it's all handbags, remember Calderwood is just a scumbag failed manager. At least Hughton has a bit of class.

Just had a long conversation with sollly March. He said it was the best atmosphere he's ever been involved in. But he was freezing and nothing like sunny Brighton :)