oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Brighton 1-1 Boro are promoted

A bit of a long post here and excuse me for rambling a bit before getting to the game but a few things I really need to get off my chest :blush:

So I've give this forum a miss for the last few days since just before the Birmingham game. Still been into work this week and I've not really been on sky sports much either which is extremely rare for me I like many here live and breathe football, when not watching any professional games or my daughter playing it, I'm either playing 5-a-side or talking about it at work but I've tried to as best I can to zone checking in and having a read slyly but have refrained from any comments. I've also paid less interest into football in general since watching last weekends football. I've not listened to talksport on the way out a little this week and tried to stay calm. The last few weeks have been mental really since the reading game all I've really done is everyday check Burnley forums Brighton forums gone over the results and the possibility's that could of happened that it has really been exhausting. This season for me has been so much more gripping than last. We really where the lesser of the 3 when it came to Watford and Bournemouth last season, taking the play off final out of the equation we where better than Norwich but we fell on the same sword as the Leicester cup final back in 97 if we had not played them a few weeks prior I believe we would of beaten them but we didn't change our game plan and they knew how to beat us going into that game which for a footballing side really has been a blessing in disguise although time and money invested by the fans will tell a different story.

This season has been immense it really has the way its changed about so much has been unbelievable the points tally that all 3 teams have gotten too would normally be enough to go up comfortably and in some cases win the league but the 3 teams deserve massive credit Burnley might not be everyone's cup of tea but they have done the job their way and its worked for them, Brighton have been exciting and a breath of fresh air they've been a thorn in our side really that we haven't been able to swot away until Saturday when we can finish the job. We have been excellent at times not always but the records we've broken have been phenomenal this season and even after the "meltdown" we've came back so strong that shows a really strong side the character to do that is unquestionable. I no matter what the result am proud of my team this season the fact is the last 2 years have been better than many I watched us in the prem. I think we tend to forget that it wasn't/isn't all Rosie on the other side many fans in the Prem are unhappy with there teams/managers/owners and the standard of football in the "best league in the world" sometimes is horrendous I'm a strong believer that the bottom half of the prem and the top 6-8 in the championship there isn't much difference. I work with a lot of Geordies and Mackems I work in west Auckland and im really the only boro fan here to get a lot of stick but they both are massively unhappy apart from the degenerate ones the decent fans or real fans as I like to call them are where we were the seasons after McLaren the football is mostly awful and the players they have are their to pick up a wage and that's it when we went down I was devastated but I told myself that its what we needed a season or two away to rebuild and go again never did I imagine we would be here 7 years later. We really do need this though. Financially this will set us up for a long time if we do it right and with Steve Gibson in charge we will do it right and I think it's agreed really that if we fail this time then its going to be really hard to be challenging for the play offs next year never mind the auto's.

Most of the pundits/media and people at work want Brighton to win but this is nothing new for us we have nearly always been a team that anyone who isn't or hasn't been associated with Boro has a dislike for where this comes from I don't know but I really don't care I think it makes Boro better the fans know it and we wear it with pride. Everything is saying the pressure is on us and that they would like to see Brighton do it this makes it better I love to watch when people have to say good things about us it kills them the southern army on sky really detest us so I love to see people like Tony Cottee eat his own words. But if the pressure really was on us then why would we need to be put down so much?

Onto the game I really don't know how to feel about it people's overconfident posts make me anxious and peoples under confident posts are even worse! Really we need to take this game in the exact same way as the Brentford second leg, they are a team that has massively overachieved this season and they are trying to come here and rattle our cage but we are the better team, they have a team of players bar a few that was nearly relegated last season its funny how one man can change things are they really good players who weren't playing or are they average players over achieving? 

I'm nervous, I'm excited and everything in between this actually means so much to the club the area it would be massive so I hope we can do it this time we deserve it.

UTB

Great well thought out post

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any boro fans over in whitehaven? Hope to watch this in a pub over here, but fear they may be more likely to show the burnley game :-/

I do know a Mackem in St. Beas who will be watching it - but I guess that's not what you're after :D

Ha! Umm no thanks, itll be hard enough if we were unfortunate nevermind having a mackem near by. Plus im north side and will want to walk to pub to enjoy a couple of jars

A bit of a long post here and excuse me for rambling a bit before getting to the game but a few things I really need to get off my chest :blush:

So I've give this forum a miss for the last few days since just before the Birmingham game. Still been into work this week and I've not really been on sky sports much either which is extremely rare for me I like many here live and breathe football, when not watching any professional games or my daughter playing it, I'm either playing 5-a-side or talking about it at work but I've tried to as best I can to zone checking in and having a read slyly but have refrained from any comments. I've also paid less interest into football in general since watching last weekends football. I've not listened to talksport on the way out a little this week and tried to stay calm. The last few weeks have been mental really since the reading game all I've really done is everyday check Burnley forums Brighton forums gone over the results and the possibility's that could of happened that it has really been exhausting. This season for me has been so much more gripping than last. We really where the lesser of the 3 when it came to Watford and Bournemouth last season, taking the play off final out of the equation we where better than Norwich but we fell on the same sword as the Leicester cup final back in 97 if we had not played them a few weeks prior I believe we would of beaten them but we didn't change our game plan and they knew how to beat us going into that game which for a footballing side really has been a blessing in disguise although time and money invested by the fans will tell a different story.

This season has been immense it really has the way its changed about so much has been unbelievable the points tally that all 3 teams have gotten too would normally be enough to go up comfortably and in some cases win the league but the 3 teams deserve massive credit Burnley might not be everyone's cup of tea but they have done the job their way and its worked for them, Brighton have been exciting and a breath of fresh air they've been a thorn in our side really that we haven't been able to swot away until Saturday when we can finish the job. We have been excellent at times not always but the records we've broken have been phenomenal this season and even after the "meltdown" we've came back so strong that shows a really strong side the character to do that is unquestionable. I no matter what the result am proud of my team this season the fact is the last 2 years have been better than many I watched us in the prem. I think we tend to forget that it wasn't/isn't all Rosie on the other side many fans in the Prem are unhappy with there teams/managers/owners and the standard of football in the "best league in the world" sometimes is horrendous I'm a strong believer that the bottom half of the prem and the top 6-8 in the championship there isn't much difference. I work with a lot of Geordies and Mackems I work in west Auckland and im really the only boro fan here to get a lot of stick but they both are massively unhappy apart from the degenerate ones the decent fans or real fans as I like to call them are where we were the seasons after McLaren the football is mostly awful and the players they have are their to pick up a wage and that's it when we went down I was devastated but I told myself that its what we needed a season or two away to rebuild and go again never did I imagine we would be here 7 years later. We really do need this though. Financially this will set us up for a long time if we do it right and with Steve Gibson in charge we will do it right and I think it's agreed really that if we fail this time then its going to be really hard to be challenging for the play offs next year never mind the auto's.

Most of the pundits/media and people at work want Brighton to win but this is nothing new for us we have nearly always been a team that anyone who isn't or hasn't been associated with Boro has a dislike for where this comes from I don't know but I really don't care I think it makes Boro better the fans know it and we wear it with pride. Everything is saying the pressure is on us and that they would like to see Brighton do it this makes it better I love to watch when people have to say good things about us it kills them the southern army on sky really detest us so I love to see people like Tony Cottee eat his own words. But if the pressure really was on us then why would we need to be put down so much?

Onto the game I really don't know how to feel about it people's overconfident posts make me anxious and peoples under confident posts are even worse! Really we need to take this game in the exact same way as the Brentford second leg, they are a team that has massively overachieved this season and they are trying to come here and rattle our cage but we are the better team, they have a team of players bar a few that was nearly relegated last season its funny how one man can change things are they really good players who weren't playing or are they average players over achieving? 

I'm nervous, I'm excited and everything in between this actually means so much to the club the area it would be massive so I hope we can do it this time we deserve it.

UTB

Great post, didnt realise there were many other boro fans in that part of the world

UTB

Great post, didnt realise there were many other boro fans in that part of the world

West Auckland? I only work here mate, I worked at SSI the steel works but after that shut down had to look for new work and didn't really want to go away so this was the best close to home job I could find. Most of them seem to be mackems or geordies there's one bloke who's dad is a Boro fan but he doesn't have much interest in football so I'm really the only Boro fan here which is strange coz there's a lot of people from Darlington and they all support Newcastle and Sunderland and most people I know from Darlo support Boro. It's mad because our catchment area is only really small and yet a lot of them like Hartlepool support the gerodies and mackems but yet when I went over to Carlisle loads were Boro fans and hated Newcastle really strange when its closer to them than us.

UTB

West Auckland? I only work here mate, I worked at SSI the steel works but after that shut down had to look for new work and didn't really want to go away so this was the best close to home job I could find. Most of them seem to be mackems or geordies there's one bloke who's dad is a Boro fan but he doesn't have much interest in football so I'm really the only Boro fan here which is strange coz there's a lot of people from Darlington and they all support Newcastle and Sunderland and most people I know from Darlo support Boro. It's mad because our catchment area is only really small and yet a lot of them like Hartlepool support the gerodies and mackems but yet when I went over to Carlisle loads were Boro fans and hated Newcastle really strange when its closer to them than us.

live in Bishop Auckland, but you never see any other Boro fans around, work close to Newcastle which is 99% geordies, pretty enjoyable at the moment though!

Surprisingly loads of Boro fans in Sedgefield though only ten minutes from Bishop, usually go there before the home games and the pubs are packed with Boro fans

I have it from a reliable source, that Jordan Rhodes lass was giving the under stairs cupboard a good bottoming. It was a bit clarty and lo and behold she found Jordans shooting boots. She was going to hoy them out, but Jordan intervened and rescued them.

Jordan has phoned to inform AK of the happy event. "That's sound Jason, you are deffo playing on Saturday, I had pencilled in Nuge, because you don't know where the goal is, but you cant trust a scouser like".

Saturday. 7th may 2016

Lets here it for Steve.

Lets do it for Steve

Lets win it for Steve.

I just want to see Steve celebrate his immense achievement.

UTB

live in Bishop Auckland, but you never see any other Boro fans around, work close to Newcastle which is 99% geordies, pretty enjoyable at the moment though!

Surprisingly loads of Boro fans in Sedgefield though only ten minutes from Bishop, usually go there before the home games and the pubs are packed with Boro fans

I've heard Sedgefield has a good following for the Boro but don't really know any one from there to be honest. Have you always lived in Bishop? And if you have is there a reason you chose Boro over the other 2? Most seem to be relatives who have either moved from the area or supported Boro? Like I say most here are Gerodies and Mackems and there the worst kind aswell because there not even real ones there wanna be gerodies and mackems so I do feel for you having to live in a***st them :P  Massive respect for representing the Boro though :D

Got a letter through the post from MFC saying that where I'm sat, in block 63, is right in front of the disabled section and to remain seated at all times..

UTB

I've heard Sedgefield has a good following for the Boro but don't really know any one from there to be honest. Have you always lived in Bishop? And if you have is there a reason you chose Boro over the other 2? Most seem to be relatives who have either moved from the area or supported Boro? Like I say most here are Gerodies and Mackems and there the worst kind aswell because there not even real ones there wanna be gerodies and mackems so I do feel for you having to live in a***st them :P  Massive respect for representing the Boro though :D

Lived in Sedgefield but moved to Bishop around 10 years ago, whole family supports Sunderland apart from my Grandad, thats how I got into following Boro. It has been difficult for the last 8 years, have a feeling that next season I will be the one gloating though :D

A few of my mates bought tickets for that area too and when they bought them they were told Very Clearly that any prolonged standing would be dealt with very quickly and that persistent standing would result in the person or persons being ejected, they got told this before they could buy the tickets.

I might be nice idea that during the match build up, for a warm up and entertainment, for us TV watching exiles to post where we are watching the game from. Lets see how cosmopolitan Boro supporters are. I do hope there's not to many from HMP Durham.

A few of my mates bought tickets for that area too and when they bought them they were told Very Clearly that any prolonged standing would be dealt with very quickly and that persistent standing would result in the person or persons being ejected, they got told this before they could buy the tickets.

Well thats fair enough but I definitely didn't get that warning. I wouldn't have chosen that area if I'd have known.