oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Brighton 1-1 Boro are promoted

Knockaert and Hughton win the player and manager of the month awards.

Yes!!  I was dreading Karanka winning the manager of the month, then we'd definitely lose!

Now Brighton are cursed  :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning.

So Hughton and Knocky have won the mgr and player awards - that's cursed them then!

Bad night's sleep, when I really needed one, as I'm up at 2am tomorrow. I'm hoping I can sleep at my desk today and no-one will notice. Plus, of all the weekends, my wife has told me we are doing a stall at a boot fair on Sunday, alarm call of 5am. So let me just do the maths. Back home at midnight if i'm lucky (I have a 50 min drive when I get back to Brighton), so 5am minus midnight = maybe 4.5 hours of sleep, interrupted I'm sure, as the day's events will be playing back in my mind on a loop. Hopefully everyone will just pass our display of old DVDs and whatever rubbish my wife is selling, and let me sleep.....they do nice bacon sarnies there though, one plus point.

Well despite being a bag of nerves for a month, I've actually felt more relaxed these past 2 days. Maybe I'm accepting a bad result already and anything different will be a bonus. Then this morning I decided to watch a video of Brighton's best bits that a fan had done, and the stomach is now churning again. Why didn't i just watch YouTube of Laurel & Hardy with my Starbucks coffee like I normally do.

Got a day of work to get through now, which will be tough.

If we don't go up, the only plus point will be that we'll still feature in The Football League newspaper on a Sunday - great read!

I'm sure the accounts will show the debt. But I think he capitalised most of it into equity, so issued more shares. That said, there is no shame in Gibbo taking this opportunity to make Boro a profitable club if we do manage to overcome Brighton. Our revenue would be at least £120M, so even if we had a squad of 23 on an average annual salary of £3m (which seems a high average) wages would be say £75m all in with manager, back room staff etc. I would be amazed if stadium and academy costs exceed '£10-15m annually (really big number), so leaving c£30m. That seems to be about the profitability being shown by clubs like Leicester etc. It all depends how smart we are on transfer fees, more Juninho less Alves!!

All that money talk aside, can't wait till tomorrow - biggest game at the Riverside in a long time. I'm not going to predict a score, don't want to jinx it.

Last time i spoke with Gibson (not long before Mowbray left) overheads for the stadium and Rockliffe were around £6-8 million

Anyone been to the club shop lately? Don't normally wear boro shirts/red on match days anymore but with the whole sea of red thing was thinking about picking one up. Preferably a retro one.

Any idea on prices? Won't be able to get down until tomorrow.

Morning.

So Hughton and Knocky have won the mgr and player awards - that's cursed them then!

Bad night's sleep, when I really needed one, as I'm up at 2am tomorrow. I'm hoping I can sleep at my desk today and no-one will notice. Plus, of all the weekends, my wife has told me we are doing a stall at a boot fair on Sunday, alarm call of 5am. So let me just do the maths. Back home at midnight if i'm lucky (I have a 50 min drive when I get back to Brighton), so 5am minus midnight = maybe 4.5 hours of sleep, interrupted I'm sure, as the day's events will be playing back in my mind on a loop. Hopefully everyone will just pass our display of old DVDs and whatever rubbish my wife is selling, and let me sleep.....they do nice bacon sarnies there though, one plus point.

Well despite being a bag of nerves for a month, I've actually felt more relaxed these past 2 days. Maybe I'm accepting a bad result already and anything different will be a bonus. Then this morning I decided to watch a video of Brighton's best bits that a fan had done, and the stomach is now churning again. Why didn't i just watch YouTube of Laurel & Hardy with my Starbucks coffee like I normally do.

If we don't go up, the only plus point will be that we'll still feature in The Football League newspaper on a Sunday - great read!

Hiya BB! Got to say I've enjoyed reading your posts the last few days - pleasure to have such level headed and honest posts from fans of the opposition. As a Boro fan living in Brighton and having attended all of Boro's games at The Amex, mingling with the Brighton fans afterwards, there's a lot of mutual respect between our teams, & your posts and attitude illustrate just how football should be - an inclusive, shared experience where we all share the same feelings and passion for our respective teams. I sincerely hope that whoever looses tomorrow smashes the playoffs because we both deserve it. Brighton have had nothing short of an incredible season so far. All the very best (after Saturday), and we're all feeling your pain in the build up!

I just hope Hughton can win back to back Championship manager of the month awards...

If you get my drift...

Wink wink...

Nudge nudge...

;)  :blush:

Anyone been to the club shop lately? Don't normally wear boro shirts/red on match days anymore but with the whole sea of red thing was thinking about picking one up. Preferably a retro one.

Any idea on prices? Won't be able to get down until tomorrow.

The retro ones are all about £30. You can get a few of the last couple of seasons' shirts for £15 - £20

Morning.

Hiya BB! Got to say I've enjoyed reading your posts the last few days - pleasure to have such level headed and honest posts from fans of the opposition. As a Boro fan living in Brighton and having attended all of Boro's games at The Amex, mingling with the Brighton fans afterwards, there's a lot of mutual respect between our teams, & your posts and attitude illustrate just how football should be - an inclusive, shared experience where we all share the same feelings and passion for our respective teams. I sincerely hope that whoever looses tomorrow smashes the playoffs because we both deserve it. Brighton have had nothing short of an incredible season so far. All the very best (after Saturday), and we're all feeling your pain in the build up!

Thanks - and I echo what you say! I've enjoyed coming on this site very much. I imagine you know North Stand Chat then. Lots of great threads on there, honest banter, but we do have 'infiltrators' that know how to wind up some in there!

So are you going to the game, maybe on the fan coach, hiding your red colours?! I get a coach to the home games from where i live, and for the home game v Boro, there was a party of 12 Boro fans. I say fans, there were maybe a few fans, and their friends who came for the day out. But that was fine, no problems.

I really hope whoever loses wins the Play-Offs too, but from our perspective, I have a feeling Wednesday will do us. With that will then come the worry of whether the team will be broken up and best players picked off, meaning we lose our head of steam and nestle into mid table next time.

I'll worry about that scenario if it happens!

First time I've been on here for a while. . So this is it can we dare to think we could be hosting the likes of harry kane ... jamie vardy ... ozil ...and joey Barton at the riverside I'm so nervous it's unreal

Morning.

Thanks - and I echo what you say! I've enjoyed coming on this site very much. I imagine you know North Stand Chat then. Lots of great threads on there, honest banter, but we do have 'infiltrators' that know how to wind up some in there!

So are you going to the game, maybe on the fan coach, hiding your red colours?! I get a coach to the home games from where i live, and for the home game v Boro, there was a party of 12 Boro fans. I say fans, there were maybe a few fans, and their friends who came for the day out. But that was fine, no problems.

I really hope whoever loses wins the Play-Offs too, but from our perspective, I have a feeling Wednesday will do us. With that will then come the worry of whether the team will be broken up and best players picked off, meaning we lose our head of steam and nestle into mid table next time.

I'll worry about that scenario if it happens!

I'm actually going to be watching at home - months ago the wife and I had booked to go away for the weekend (needless to say I hadn't checked the fixtures list!) but we have since cancelled it. Unfortunately by that point it had sold out! Neither team is confident of the playoffs which means tomorrow is going to be absolutely massive - gulp!

New Neil grainger video out this morning!

Watched the first two minutes and it was bad. I preferred Neill singing, however bad he was.

And I can't stand that song haha

New Neil grainger video out this morning!

My lad told me that my hat and black jacket was seen for about a second when he was shown in the Twisted Lip :cool:

Just watched it yep me chatting with Trapper (guy in yellow coat) just before first shot of NG