oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Brighton 1-1 Boro are promoted

Can you help?

@Twe12thman

1/2 Volunteers wanted for what will be the biggest and most spectacular display that the Riverside has ever seen. From 4pm on Friday.

2/2 Can you spare a couple of hours helping out? Please leave a message if you can help.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be my very first visit to the Riverside. Please god make it a winning won or at the very least a drawing one!

Can anyone recommend a pub for a few pints before? We get into boro about 10. Will there be pubs open at that time?  UTB

What's the story JP?

Yes heading to my first home game. Was looking abit of advice on bars to drink in and what time they r open at? Bars don't open in Belfast till 12 so I'm not sure what the law is in boro

Hope you have a great trip mate! 

I'll watch the game somewhere in Copenhagen. I'm so nervous.

So I think the MSS and other southern based London fans should buy a load of Charlton protest gear, get themselves down to The Valley and get that mother abandoned!

So that the away team are automatically awarded the victory?

So I think the MSS and other southern based London fans should buy a load of Charlton protest gear, get themselves down to The Valley and get that mother abandoned!

So that the away team are automatically awarded the victory?

Yeah...didnt think that one through, apologies, still battling day 2 of the bank holiday hangover

This is going to be my very first visit to the Riverside. Please god make it a winning won or at the very least a drawing one!

Can anyone recommend a pub for a few pints before? We get into boro about 10. Will there be pubs open at that time?  UTB

What's the story JP?

Yes heading to my first home game. Was looking abit of advice on bars to drink in and what time they r open at? Bars don't open in Belfast till 12 so I'm not sure what the law is in boro

Hows things Nic? You missing Belfast? I know my stomach will be in knots come Saturday at the game. Lol

This is going to be my very first visit to the Riverside. Please god make it a winning one or at the very least a drawing one!

My first trip to the Riverside was in 1995. We beat Coventry 2-1. :s

Hopefully last seasons play off final no show will be a very hard lesson learnt.

Derby's favour yesterday I think is huge, if we went behind in the knowledge that we needed a win it would have panicked us into becoming too exposed, now knowing we need a draw means we can be more measured and controlled.

That's the theory anyway, I see that draw as priceless to us.

What's the story JP?

Hows things Nic? You missing Belfast? I know my stomach will be in knots come Saturday at the game. Lol

Aye, I do miss Belfast! It's a wonderful city, and who doesn't like 14 year old kids drunk and about? :D

No, I actually do miss Belfast. I might come back this summer, not sure yet!

This is going to be my very first visit to the Riverside. Please god make it a winning one or at the very least a drawing one!

Wetherspoon pubs Isaac Wilson's & Resolution, both in the town centre, you'll get a drink no probs, and about the cheapest for beer & lager.

• Latest Posts

• Arsenal scored before the ref blew the whistle, it's his responsibility to manage the game. He clearly wanted to stop it, as he indicated no goal to Smith-Rowe as soon as the ball went in to the net.  However the quick shot beat the refs decision and reaction time, therefore it's a goal. Based on the rules you can't blame anyone in this situation.   
    • I can't see anything in the laws that says that. It does say that an injured goalkeeper doesn't have to leave the field of play to receive treatment, and that in itself prevents play from restarting until the keeper has received treatment, but it doesn't say anything specific about goalkeeper injuries stopping play. The ref has to stop play if they deem a player to be seriously injured, but I wouldn't class stepping on someone's heel as a serious injury. Which I think is reinforced by the fact De Gea was up and about walking within a minute. It also say the ref "allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured" and if Fred had stepped on any other Man United player, I definitely think that would be deemed only a slight injury and waved on.
    • Btw. does anyone know if the club do half-season online match tickets, like they do with normal season tickets? I vowed never to buy a match as long as Warnock was manager, but I might change my stance now, although I rarely get to see entire games due to other commitments.
    • Yeah I get that. It's probably the best time to not have midweek games with Fry and Payero getting back and the players learn the new routines and build up more fitness. But that still doesn't change the fact, that I want games.
    • If you follow the rule book it was the refs fault. The rules specifically say that the goalkeeper has to be fully functional at all time for the game to be continued. It was Arsenals luck that the ref didn't see he was down injured and blew his whistle before the ball had gone in. It's the refs responsibility to stop play as soon as the keeper isn't functional. That is what makes it controversial. If a keeper is hurt while trying to stop the ball from going into the net ie. bangs his head against the post and the ball goes in then it's obviously a goal. But if the keeper is down hurt before the 2nd 3rd or whatever touch then the ref has to stop play.