oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Brighton 1-1 Boro are promoted

What's everyone worried about.

We have only to draw to get promotion. 66% percent chance of success.

We have home advantage with all that entails, no travelling to the venue. The somewhat debatable, but the potentially overwhelming influence of a large home crowd roaring the team on, can have on individual players, in particularly in set piece circumstances.

We have the meanest defence in the league. Brighton need to score.

We have one of the most expensive and prolific goal scorers in the Championship over the last five years or so. For every goal we score Brighton need to score two.

We have a meticulous, intelligent, ambitious and professional manager. some say the best this club had had for a long time. (Malcolm Allison has been mentioned)

The players should still remember what disappointment feel like.

What have Brighton got Chris Hughton. PHhhhhh.

Come on Boro.

1-0 Brighton it is

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it possible Brighton have been coasting against teams who are not motivated? As someone pointed out earlier Derby put on a bit of pressure and they don't like it up 'em

What's everyone worried about.

We have only to draw to get promotion. 66% percent chance of success.

We have home advantage with all that entails, no travelling to the venue. The somewhat debatable, but the potentially overwhelming influence of a large home crowd roaring the team on, can have on individual players, in particularly in set piece circumstances.

We have the meanest defence in the league. Brighton need to score.

We have one of the most expensive and prolific goal scorers in the Championship over the last five years or so. For every goal we score Brighton need to score two.

We have a meticulous, intelligent, ambitious and professional manager. some say the best this club had had for a long time. (Malcolm Allison has been mentioned)

The players should still remember what disappointment feel like.

What have Brighton got Chris Hughton. PHhhhhh.

Come on Boro.

1-0 Brighton it is

Shhhhhh. We will score.

Funny one this, I actually think that the 2nd goal in this game, should there be one, will be the most important in this game.

At 1-0 up or down, a goal for us either puts us right in the driving seat or reminds Brighton we're still in the game. At 1-0 up, a goal for Brighton puts them on the front foot and might lead to them grabbing a 2nd through momentum. At 1-0 down, a 2nd for Brighton would really put us on the back foot.

Regardless, we know we only need to score as many as they do and that's important. Even going as much as 2-0 down, we know we only need 2. 2-0 up and Brighton need to find 3.

So pumped for this. Travelling down on Friday morning. When the train comes past Newport Bridge, it'll really hit me.

COME ON BORO!

Think this is the most I've ever been turding it for a game, to the point where I'm trying to avoid Twitter etc this week, as it's just making it worse. I have no idea what it's going to be like on Sat, I'm gonna have to sink a few beforehand to calm the nerves. Speaking of which, are people still meeting before the game?

this is the brighton team that started the last game against us:-

Stockdale

Bruno

Greer

Hünemeier

Calderon

van La Parra

Stephens

Kayal

Murphy

Hemed

wilson (edit)

a few changes are likely. no vlp, hunemeier or calderon for sure this time. murphy and wilson probably on the bench. they will have knockhaert and lua lua available with rosenior starting at fullback with goldson starting at cb, he come on as a sub last game, greer has not played since about then either. remember woodgate going in or us at watford he was rusty and left deeney free at the back post to score. hope he is still blowing the gobwebs off when rhodes ghosts past him at all early on :)

also just looking at their forum and seen comments about goldson marking rhodes quiet all game when they played blackburn so they are not to worried about him. keep telling yourselfs that seagulls, fyi rhodes have improved no end since coming here. i hope goldson thinks its going to be easy lol.

Stockdale

Bruno

Greer

Hünemeier

Calderon

van La Parra

Stephens

Kayal

Murphy

Hemed

a few changes are likely. no vlp, hunemeier or calderon for sure this time. murphy and wilson probably on the bench. they will have knockhaert and lua lua available with rosenior starting at fullback with goldson starting at cb, he come on as a sub last game, greer has not played since about then either. remember woodgate going in or us at watford he was rusty and left deeney free at the back post to score. hope he is still blowing the gobwebs off when rhodes ghosts past him at all early on :)

also just looking at their forum and seen comments about goldson marking rhodes quiet all game when they played blackburn so they are not to worried about him. keep telling yourselfs that seagulls, fyi rhodes have improved no end since coming here. i hope goldson thinks its going to be easy lol.

Nice of them to only start with ten men against us last time :P

Stockdale

Bruno

Greer

Hünemeier

Calderon

van La Parra

Stephens

Kayal

Murphy

Hemed

Nice of them to only start with ten men against us last time :P

missed wilson lol i cut and pasted from bbc

is it possible Brighton have been coasting against teams who are not motivated? As someone pointed out earlier Derby put on a bit of pressure and they don't like it up 'em

Brightens record against the top 6 teams isn't good

Brightens record against the top 6 teams isn't good

And ours is the best in the league Rich so all points to a big day on saturday. Can't wait!

Does anyone know anything more in regards to what's planned with the crowd display on Saturday?

My own little offering is that I have bought 100 red balloons, these will be offered to friends and seat holders around me to blow up and have a laugh with. Got some beach balls ordered but don,t think they will be here in time