• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having spent 10 mins reading the Brighton forum I've changed my mind and want Wednesday to thrash them. Bitter classless whingy gits, almost without exception.

The lads who have posted on here have been first rate. I'm sure after last year's play off some other boro forums would have been very bitter and class less

Brighton fan here

Some of you (and some of us) seem to have lost the plot now....

For me (and many other Albion fans) your team has been the best in the Championship.

The result was fair and your promotion well deserved. I just wish you could have won the Championship.

The awful impact of Stephens' tackle belied the fact that it was unintentional.... and Stephens is an important player our play off chances.

So.....we need to appeal.

That is all except to reiterate congrats on a deserved promotion. Burnley on the other hand............

Hi). I'm Russian, so, firstly, sorry for my English, I know it's disappointing haha. 

I'm not a huge fan of "Boro" (I support Liverpool in Enlgand and Lokomotiv in Russia), but still I've been following the Boro's performance since the group stage of UEFA Cup 2006 (after the match against, if I'm not mistaken, Dnipro (3-0); just liked how the Riverside stadium looked), so I remember some really great moments. And I'm so glad to see them back to the Premier-League. So now it'll be easier to watch their games which is amazing. 

Just wanted to share my little happiness with you. That's really cool!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think it's definitely a red card to Stephens.

I think in any other country it's a straight red without question.

What they seem to miss is the fact that it changed our game we lost our out ball when Gaston went off. Downing did ok but he plays the no 10 role completely differently and you could see the change in our shape and where we were pressing.

Agree about them offering nothing, even their goal wasn't an attempt at goal.

Oh I agree mate but in this country those challenges tend to be dealt with more leniently so I'd say it's debatable.

Brighton fan here

For me (and many other Albion fans) your team has been the best in the Championship.

The result was fair and your promotion well deserved. I just wish you could have won the Championship.

The awful impact of Stephens' tackle belied the fact that it was unintentional.... and Stephens is an important player our play off chances.

That is all except to reiterate congrats on a deserved promotion. Burnley on the other hand............

I havent seen the challenge back since the game so cant really say anything on it. However prior to the incident there were a couple of flashpoints between the 2 players where they squared up. I dont know if it was a red but I do think he intended to take the man and ball the next time he got the chance. Before the red I felt Stephens was your best player.

Anyway you deserve to go up in my opinion so fingers crossed for you but the pressure is certainly on.

On the whole I didn't see how Brighton were going to beat us today, after that first half performance it was only a case of if we threw it away. I didn't think 'red card' when I initially saw it but the replay did show the studs coming down the shin therefore its then up to the referee to interprit it on whether it was on purpose or dangerous - I guess the linesman helped him by all accounts, unlike the linesman that waved Ayala offside the other night. Its swings and roundabouts and I didn't feel them losing a man helped us, they got more fired up and we were a bit disjointed. With all that pressure it was always going to be feisty, I just wish it had went 90 mins without that incident - if it had i think we would have stuffed them to be fair, they looked terrified of us. Over the moon with the result, finally we are where we belong. Just a shame it was Burnley and not Brighton getting the auto spot - hopefully they take thier good form into the play offs and we see them next season.

Brighton fan here

I've nothing against Brighton, in fact I wanted you to come up with us and despite some of your fellow fans behaviour (and all clubs have some fools, even Boro) it would be a great story. 

I understand things can get heated mind but some of the comments from Brighton players and the behaviour of the Brighton coaching team, notably Calderwood, has been disappointing, but as I say, all benches get wound up in the heat of the moment.

The Gaston Ramirez - it's an old injury, is particularly galling. 

Like I say, every club has idiots, luckily we seem to get decent rival supporters on here.

Good luck in the playoffs - I hope todays disappointment doesn't last too long.

Hi). I'm Russian, so, firstly, sorry for my English, I know it's disappointing haha. 

I'm not a huge fan of "Boro" (I support Liverpool in Enlgand and Lokomotiv in Russia), but still I've been following the Boro's performance since the group stage of UEFA Cup 2006 (after the match against, if I'm not mistaken, Dnipro (3-0); just liked how the Riverside stadium looked), so I remember some really great moments. And I'm so glad to see them back to the Premier-League. So now it'll be easier to watch their games which is amazing. 

Just wanted to share my little happiness with you. That's really cool!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think it's definitely a red card to Stephens.

Welcome

English is pretty good and we welcome fans of any side, as long as you are nice  :D

Brighton fan here

Without being condescending I can understand the lashing out of some of your fans. I was the same after the play off final (and still a year on I'm very happy that Norwich look to be relegated for what happened at Wembley) yes we and you are passionate, fickle reactionary so for the next couple of days I'll take what a large number of fans say with a pinch of salt.

But you sir, have always been a gent. Well done for that

Well it is good job he's not a Premier League pundit then. Don't have to listen to him anymore.

I think you might be thinking of his dad, Leroy  :P

Yeah I misread that. I've had a few though to be fair.

Well *** them both :D

Brighton fan here

I think some Brighton fans felt the game hinged on that red - when in fact we dominated the first half and the goal from Stephens was fairly fortunate. You're then basically hoping that on a 11v11 game that Brighton would score again, even though no team has managed to do that all season.

From our perspective it robbed us of our best player on the pitch, so it was equally damaging in that regard. So I think down to ten-man or not, losing Ramirez is sorta like losing another man.

I said on your forum, you lost the promotion race not today but against Derby on Monday. You can't blame us for that. And certainly refs and linesman have screwed us over a few decisions this season. (Rhodes vs Leeds and Ayala vs Brum spring to mind.) So at the end of the day, I understand Brighton's fans frustrations. We're all football fans here and know the game. Once things have settled down, I think there will be a more clearer realisation of the game today and everything that has preceded it once the alcohol leaves the blood stream and the emotions have calmed down.

I don't think we hate Brighton fans or think they are delusional like Derby were last season. I think we are all just high from what has been a very emotional ride this season.

Brighton fan here

I'm sorry but you don't do that sort of damage without some intent. Your lads were after Gaston from the start. A few very nasty challenges. Disappointing but that's footballers following instructions to stop a certain player.

Good luck as I think you're a decent team. But maybe cut out the theatrics and dirty tackles.

Also, tell Calderwood to learn some class. He let Hughton down at the end. Should be ashamed of himself.

Suprised at how bitter the Brighton reaction has been! Oh well, I think I'll rest easy!

They're hurting because they've missed out on automatic promotion.  A lot of football fans are fairly irrational - look at some of the stuff that gets posted on here.  In this case they've missed on promotion and had a man sent off unfairly in their eyes so it's all not fair.  In their minds they've just scored and then shortly after had that man sent off so the ref has robbed them when they were 'on top'.  The reality however is that they were never on top at any point in the game including the period that they scored in.  They scored out of nowhere really and other than the goal they didn't create a single chance of note over the whole game, with 11 men or 10.  Their best players didn't really show up or were nullified and had we been better ourselves we'd have had it won by half time.  It's easier to feel you've been robbed than it is to recognise you just weren't good enough - that applies to all kinds of things in life.