• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just spent the last half hour reading threads on North Stand Chat, and it seems as if the only level headed, decent Brighton supporters on the face of the planet are the ones that posted on here.

What a pack of absolute stuck up s**tstains

So that's 4 referees who all think it was a red. Hmmm.

Who are the referees? Mike Dean, Jeff Winter, Dermot Gallagher and?

Borodane/sofa-referee

I've just spent the last half hour reading threads on North Stand Chat, and it seems as if the only level headed, decent Brighton supporters on the face of the planet are the ones that posted on here.

I take that as a compliment, thanks! I haven't really gone on there since the match - what are they saying? I only read the one thread about the game atmos. I just can't bring myself to have a good read on there, it gets too stressful!

I take that as a compliment, thanks! I haven't really gone on there since the match - what are they saying? I only read the one thread about the game atmos. I just can't bring myself to have a good read on there, it gets too stressful!

Lots of insults about Boro, Mike Dean, Gaston Ramirez etc.

Tin foil theories about gaston cutting himself intentionally.

Lots of insults about Boro, Mike Dean, Gaston Ramirez etc.

Tin foil theories about gaston cutting himself intentionally.

Well I was at the game, and personally, I've got no complaints about the Boro players or fans, or indeed the ref. To be honest, Mike Dean, I thought his watch had stopped - gave us extra time to try and win! Re the Ramirez tackle, I'd say it was stupid but not intentional.

I read a well thought out post, wishing well and no harm intended etc... The very first replies were 'ffs another one?' and 'Oh just *** off' etc

I don't think it should have been a red card personally, especially after watching it back. Stephens was at the ball first and Ramirez essentially kicked his leg.

NSC seem to think that was the turning point of the game however, and Mike Dean was in our pocket and BHA would have won otherwise o.O

I don't think it should have been a red card personally, especially after watching it back. Stephens was at the ball first and Ramirez essentially kicked his leg.

NSC seem to think that was the turning point of the game however, and Mike Dean was in our pocket and BHA would have won otherwise o.O

I guess it was a turning point of sorts, but even with 11 men, we weren't setting the world alight - we can play much better as an attacking unit, it just wasn't really happening on saturday. Re Mike Dean, towards the end there were a few times I thought he was going to give a free kick to Boro but didn't, so no, he wasn't in your pocket at all (especially with the time added on to time added on!).

Far from feeling bitter about any element of Saturday that went against us, I just feel pleased to have gone and experienced that game/atmos. What football is all about.

Does anyone have a link to were I can watch this ref watch? I missed it

It usually appears on the Sky Sports website about 3pm, so I'll keep refreshing.

I know Dermot Gallagher personally, having worked with him for the last two years, and he would not defend a ref that he thought was wrong. If he thought Dean had screwed up, he'd absolutely say it, live on Sky or otherwise.

He's said plenty of times on ref watch that referees are wrong.

Brighton fans will do anything to besmirch the opinions of anyone other than them.

CT - Not purely on the injury alone, no. Mike Dean had his yellow card out as he obviously deemed the challenge bad or dangerous enough to warrant that. Once he saw the extent of the damage caused, that obviously elevated the level of danger the tackle had previously been considered in his mind, and warranted the further action. I think it also took into account the bait of which Stephens had been giving Gaston all game, which certainly makes the challenge look more intentional than it (perhaps) was.

As has been pointed out, 4 referees have been asked, all say it's a red card. I dare say during my (albeit short and at a youth level) playing days, that would have been a yellow card at most - but in modern football, that's a red.

I guess it was a turning point of sorts, but even with 11 men, we weren't setting the world alight - we can play much better as an attacking unit, it just wasn't really happening on saturday. Re Mike Dean, towards the end there were a few times I thought he was going to give a free kick to Boro but didn't, so no, he wasn't in your pocket at all (especially with the time added on to time added on!).

Far from feeling bitter about any element of Saturday that went against us, I just feel pleased to have gone and experienced that game/atmos. What football is all about.

Very much agree, a lot of the attacks seemed to fizzle out into nothing, or into brilliant shots that were way off target. Your defence kept you in the game, on any other day Stuani would have put us 2, maybe even 3 goals up with the chances he had.

Was a brilliant atmosphere, one of the best I've ever seen. Glad it was the sole positive point that your lot have been talking about!