oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Brighton 1-1 Boro are promoted

He basically said that on TV too, just that it was harsh on Stephens.

It was harsher on Ramirez who had a bloody hole in his leg.

Look at what Mark Lawrenson said, If you're an opposition player and Dale Stephens gets away with it and you're stood there looking at Ramirez's leg you're gonna keep well away from him because you don't wanna get the same done to you.

I think there was a general agreement that it was at least a yellow card in the first place but once you see what he's done to Ramirez's leg he has to go and according to Halsey, Mike Dean was within his rights to change it to red based on the injury, especially considering it was reckless in the first place (high, excessive force, studs showing).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched it back, it was a red card, he had an incident with Ramirez a few minutes before and you can tell he goes in to intentionally hurt him, yes he gets the ball but its dangerous play

What I don't understand is that he had BOTH FEET OFF THE FLOOR and was jumping in to the 50/50. Yes he won the ball.

He was still, with the fact that both his feet were in the air, out of control & reckless. I genuinely can't see the argument here.

I will admit that Gaston was wearing insufficient shin pads though.

Just decided to watch Channel 5 highlights for the first time this season and thankfully the last time in at least a year. I could have sworn Nugent missed a very good chance immediately after Brightons goal that seems to have been missed out as well as Adomah having one saved on the line. It truly is a poor show.

Part 2 of The Ref Show I posted earlier, if you watch from about 2 minutes in when they're discussing Leicester they mention Nigel Pearson and then discuss how he was briefly linked to Middlesbrough with the whole Karanka walking out situation. Quite interesting.

Just decided to watch Channel 5 highlights for the first time this season and thankfully the last time in at least a year. I could have sworn Nugent missed a very good chance immediately after Brightons goal that seems to have been missed out as well as Adomah having one saved on the line. It truly is a poor show.

Agreed. At least it's better than the previous incarnation where it seemed to be crossed with 'The Big Breakfast' or some other rubbish where people are hanging about in the background looking awkward!

Best picture of the weekend

13173982_551162408399070_6080117474296066632_n.jpg?oh=b959da394710956a3102e9a4e14e8fbf&oe=57DAC318

Love that Grant had to force Aitor to pick the trophy up with him. Aitor really wanted to let the players take all the credit but they wouldn't let him. :D

They're all having meltdowns and blaming us, meanwhile Sheff Wed rested their team last game and are working hard and quietly in the background. This has disaster written all over it for Brighton.

Brighton have had their red card appeal turned down by The FA.

Of course they did, I don't know what they expected.

Whether you think it was a red card or not (I do, personally) the FA were never going to over turn it once it happened. If they did they'd be open to all sorts of shenanigans from the Brighton side.