oneBoro Forum

Disgusting Attitude from Brighton Staff and Players

Did anyone witness the disgusting performance from one of their players near the end of the match, then the scuffle by one of their staff (assistant manager?) and then him banging into Karanka at the end?

What total un-sportsmanship from them. Was absolutely disgusting. They need to get punished for it. Wonder if anything will happen from this

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TBF, as CT mentioned, Leo did not cover himself in glory during the match. In the atmosphere as usual, you cheer Leo when he does anything (as the Brighton fans would no doubt have done for their staff doing anything similar) but he ran out of the technical area to try and stop a throw-in from being taken.

If we're to start throwing around blame and expecting professionalism on the bench, you'd have to keep Leo on a leash. But like I said, in the atmosphere and being part of it, you tend to go along with it as it's one of those things that all fans do.

I mean, the bump into Karanka was petty at the end, like I said, you can clearly see he meant it as he didn't turn to look back or anything. Hughton did apologise for him but that says more about the bloke himself that he had to get Hughton to apologise for his childish actions.

Yah Leo didn't cover himself in glory. Can see that he just let the emotions get the better of him, but was stilla stupid decision.

Calderon is still a bell for pushing AK like that at the end though, totally unneeded.

Leave Leo alone. The man is a saint and completely blameless in any actions ;)

I think as well one of the Brighton players pulls Ramirez' sock back up to cover the gaping hole in his leg. The bump at the end was completely out of order like.

Agreed, thats almost as bad as sticking your finger in the wound! Hes got a massive gash on his leg, he dont want his sock on it!

I have to say I am a little disappointed with the comments here. I haven't read any forums since before the match yesterday as it was highly emotional and the wrong thing to do. But it is a day later, we're all calmed down a little. The bad feeling from the technical areas has happened purely because that coach of yours was trying to keep ball in the dying moments. I can totally understand the frustration shown due to this. What Calderwood did was out of order but a few seconds earlier this bloke had done what he did. Has anyone here ever been a manager or player? Played or managed a cup final? I have both and the emotions would have been running high before what this fool tried to do, he inflamed it.

I'm not here to start arguing the rights and wrongs, you have gone up, and rightly so and I have nothing but admiration for you. But surely you should be writing positive posts on your promotion and not an incident borne out of petulance in the Boro technical area.

I won't reply to any comments as I feel this post could get some sledging.

I have to say I am a little disappointed with the comments here. I haven't read any forums since before the match yesterday as it was highly emotional and the wrong thing to do. But it is a day later, we're all calmed down a little. The bad feeling from the technical areas has happened purely because that coach of yours was trying to keep ball in the dying moments. I can totally understand the frustration shown due to this. What Calderwood did was out of order but a few seconds earlier this bloke had done what he did. Has anyone here ever been a manager or player? Played or managed a cup final? I have both and the emotions would have been running high before what this fool tried to do, he inflamed it.

I'm not here to start arguing the rights and wrongs, you have gone up, and rightly so and I have nothing but admiration for you. But surely you should be writing positive posts on your promotion and not an incident borne out of petulance in the Boro technical area.

No mate, Leo was out of order too. I hate to see gamesmanship like that and feel there's no place for management getting involved in the game like that.

Have to say though, really disappointed reading NSC yesterday. I know emotions were running high as we'd just consigned you to the playoffs but some of the comments about Ramirez were just disgusting.

You've been a decent poster on here though, credit to you and other visitors we've had recently.

As always Seagulls a balanced approach.

Faults on both sides, hope you boys win the play offs.

It's eighteen years since it team finishing on 89 point's didn't get promotion.

That alone deserves a play off final win.

TBF Seagulls, a lot of the Boro fans on here have (in hindsight at least) not agreed with Leo Percovich's actions. There is no need for it.

What I will say in his defense is he's an incredibly passionate bloke. He has just lost his head on more than one occasion. He's got a great love for this team right now and is Karanka's biggest fan. He wants success more than anything for Aitor's sake and he is more than willing to put professionalism to one side for the sake of his friend.

No he shouldn't be allowed to do it but people do crazy things in the heat of the moment and men like Leo have to be taken with the bad as much as the good. He's gained a great following because passion is rewarded with loyalty in the stands of any club.

I'm pretty sure if someone from Brighton was like Leo Percovich you'd be criticising him too as you seem level-headed but would you begrudge your team having someone who lifts the fans from the dugout and shows them how much the coaching staff care about the club if it meant having someone who did occasionally put himself where he shouldn't?

That Bozza on their forum wants a lesson in how support in stadiums work. Did he really expect a stadium full of desperate Boro fans to play by the rules?

All the crap he's spouting happens literally everywhere you go. It's part and parcel of football. If he thinks Brighton are somehow special and beyond that, he needs a reality check.

That Bozza on their forum wants a lesson in how support in stadiums work. Did he really expect a stadium full of desperate Boro fans to play by the rules?

All the crap he's spouting happens literally everywhere you go. It's part and parcel of football. If he thinks Brighton are somehow special and beyond that, he needs a reality check.

I think theres a lot over there for which this is their first year following a football team, certainly never been to an actual match