• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take off the subjective rose tinted glasses lads.

We won. If we had lost in the same circumstances, we would have been bemoaning the whole situation in the same way.

If Brighton are acting like bad losers..... we're acting like [self righteous] bad winners, and that's every bit as unsavoury.

I really don't think we would. They are throwing around ridiculous conspiracy theories, making offensive generalisations about Boro fans and northerners in general, and completely misremembering the game.

As I said earlier, the fact of the matter is, although they'd just scored when Stephens went, the ball was still in our court.

You're right in that we'd have been bitter, but what sets this particular board apart from FMTTM and Facebook comments is that anyone who goes overboard with ridiculous comments is usually (rightly) shot down by a balanced set of posters and mods.

NSC, as far as I can see, are actively encouraging the violent actions of Calderwood, attacking Ramirez to the point of borderline racism, and being wholly unpleasant to any Middlesbrough fan who has the audacity to wish them luck in the playoffs.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd certainly not be like that if the scenarios were flipped.

Include a mod on there who stalked a Brighton fans twitter feed after he'd posted the FA rules which justified a red card - he'd made the mistake of saying ''well done Boro - good luck'' so was then hounded out and abused because he was from Oxford - I really just wouldn't see any of our mods doing that - I mean really?

That bozza guy seems to be a generally disgusting human being.

The attention and abuse of all things bright and Borofull will soon change and pretty soon it will be owls fans at the centre of their attention.

And no I do not think for one moment that any mod or forum member from this forum would sink to certain levels being publicly displayed on NSC

Take off the subjective rose tinted glasses lads.

We won. If we had lost in the same circumstances, we would have been bemoaning the whole situation in the same way.

If Brighton are acting like bad losers..... we're acting like [self righteous] bad winners, and that's every bit as unsavoury.

I really don't think we would. They are throwing around ridiculous conspiracy theories, making offensive generalisations about Boro fans and northerners in general, and completely misremembering the game.

As I said earlier, the fact of the matter is, although they'd just scored when Stephens went, the ball was still in our court.

You're right in that we'd have been bitter, but what sets this particular board apart from FMTTM and Facebook comments is that anyone who goes overboard with ridiculous comments is usually (rightly) shot down by a balanced set of posters and mods.

NSC, as far as I can see, are actively encouraging the violent actions of Calderwood, attacking Ramirez to the point of borderline racism, and being wholly unpleasant to any Middlesbrough fan who has the audacity to wish them luck in the playoffs.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd certainly not be like that if the scenarios were flipped.

Agree 100%

Brighton fan here

That's right - you can only speak for yourself, and as I have said on this forum before now, yesterday was the immediate aftermath of the match. You are promoted, we are not - and we may not have an influential player in our line up through controversial circumstances. True, there is no excusing morons - and you have some too, whatever you might say to the contrary

Hope Derby win the playoffs, really wanted Brighton but not any more

have to say I am with you on that

Hmmm... these sorts of reactionary comments are kind of the point.

SOME Brighton fans (maybe idiotic ones) are going over the top, but then equally WE have every bit as many of those sorts of fans. There are inflammatory posts on the Brighton forum about Ramirez, Boro, cheating refs - so what?

I do still think we would have them on here too. It's just they wouldn't seem so outrageous, as we'd all be feeling a bit more gutted - and sympathetic to the views.

[Added to the fact that I think you are right, on this forum the account would probably be suspended.... although whether 'Right you're banned' is always the best approach on a (generally) adult forum, I don't know].

It also doesn't help having Boro fans going on the the Brighton forum and arguing the point, or going on there to say 'Well done Brighton' [pat on the head]. I think that would easily come across as patronising or condescending to a smarting Brighton fan. (We'd probably feel the same).

The title of this thread says it all. It's an over reaction from our side, and an over reaction from their side.

ANYWAY..... as DS said a few posts back.... the whole thing will be forgotten about soon enough 9hopefully), and we can move on.

Cheers.

Not got involved in this but a lot of it seems tit for tat and certainly one liners can be taken out of context.

As mentioned Owls fans will soon be the centre of attention, there may be some feedback again once the red card ban for Stephens is or is not overturned.

Up till this thread and am sure most will agree we have had a terrific two way communication with some great lads from Brighton, see the last post from Brightonbeliever on the match thread.

Do not want to see the respect just fritter away due to comments and posts that no-one can control.

Let's show some decency to those Brighton lads still coming on here by not flaming things further

I don't think we're being bad winners at all. I just think we're rightfully defending the oneBoro community right now.

It's nothing to do with fans as a whole, this is to do with how a good community works. Their forum has poison bleeding down from the top. Bozza is clearly a moderator and he's starting most of the tripe and standing by the rights of his community to offend those fans with good graces.

We literally wouldn't have our moderators stand for that kind of nonsense in this community of Boro fans, regardless of whether or not we'd lost out. Opposition fans who come onto this forum have been treated as they treat us and that comes from the top down.

To say there wouldn't be any Boro fans reacting as badly as those on NSC had it gone the other way is not true but it's also not the point. Offensive comments to anyone would be dealt with by bans. Ridiculous statements or conspiracy theories would be shot down by other members. It's just a massive shame that cannot be said the same of on NSC and they're painting a pretty poor picture of their own community right now.

Bloody hell, who cares about BHA

We have done it, the hard way, the Boro way and the Northern way. BHA approached the game cynically, they deserve what they got.

Not got involved in this but a lot of it seems tit for tat and certainly one liners can be taken out of context.

As mentioned Owls fans will soon be the centre of attention, there may be some feedback again once the red card ban for Stephens is or is not overturned.

Up till this thread and am sure most will agree we have had a terrific two way communication with some great lads from Brighton, see the last post from Brightonbeliever on the match thread.

Do not want to see the respect just fritter away due to comments and posts that no-one can control.

Let's show some decency to those Brighton lads still coming on here by not flaming things further

Well said, Alan!

Beta, last season proved we are nothing like them in a similar situation.

No mate, I don't think last season does. If you are referring to the play off final where we rolled over to Norwich and let them tickle our bellies - we had nothing to feel aggrieved about. It's entirely different.

If you are referring to another match where our player tackled, their guy got injured, the ref got out a yellow, their guy knocked it out of his hand (by accident I think) and showed the ref the gash, the ref then gets out a red (which could have come from the linesman's view, I accept) and sent off our player....

.... I don't remember that game last season, so I can't comment.

Anyway.... as I said before.... I'll let it go now - LOL

(I'd better not look at this thread anymore, or I'll want to reply) :D :D :D