oneBoro Forum

Championship Play Off Final: Sheffield Wednesday V Hull City 1700hrs 28/05 Wembley

Morning.

Well, BUGGER!

Ok, that's the swearing over. So the Championship it is then. Can't fault the players last night, they really tried, and on another night things might have fallen for us and we could have done it. But for all our attacking chances, have to give some credit to SW for the goal keeping and blocks. It's the best we've played for a few games, so as a game, it was an enjoyable one to be at.

I know we are getting bad press because of comments/threads on NSC, blaming this and that for our 'failure'. But - what if MK Dons had got that injury time pen against us, what about the injury time winners we got. It's all ifs and buts and we are where we are. 3rd best team in the league, but just wasn't to be.

I'm so proud to support this team though, this is the best season I can remember. I do worry about what lies ahead next season, but there's no point really thinking about it too much. If i was a betting man (ok, I am), i'd say we could be looking at mid table next time - but all dependant on whether we can keep our best players.

Had a season of mainly entertaining games at the Amex, and enjoyable trips to Derby and Boro, so I can't really ask for much more. It's all about having fun and being entertained at the end of the day.

Congratulations to SW, will be a belter v Hull (probably) at Wembley. Roll on pre-season and the start of some fresh new dreams!

I feel for you BB - I listened on the radio and Brighton were rampant in that opening 35 mins in particular, I really thought you could do it, but then the equaliser knocked the wind out of your sails. I really do wish you the best of luck next season, it's been a pleasure having yourself and Seagulls posting on our forum. I really hope you guys can push on next season. Over the course of the season, there's little doubt that Brighton deserved it, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Don't be a stranger, I'll certainly have one eye on you guys next season.

Thanks, appreciate the comments. That equaliser - if ever there was a stuffing knocker, that was it. I won't dwell too much on it, no point now! We all felt disappointed but I felt more disappointment for the players who have worked so hard this year - only 8 defeats in all competitions - and some of whom have probably played their last game for us. Bottom line is, especially over the last few weeks, we've had big games in front of full houses (home and away), buzzing atmospheres, and it's been fun.

Hopefully we can both have decent seasons next time round, you must be excited about the Prem! Can see you doing well. How do you think you'll do?

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning.

Well, BUGGER!

Ok, that's the swearing over. So the Championship it is then. Can't fault the players last night, they really tried, and on another night things might have fallen for us and we could have done it. But for all our attacking chances, have to give some credit to SW for the goal keeping and blocks. It's the best we've played for a few games, so as a game, it was an enjoyable one to be at.

I know we are getting bad press because of comments/threads on NSC, blaming this and that for our 'failure'. But - what if MK Dons had got that injury time pen against us, what about the injury time winners we got. It's all ifs and buts and we are where we are. 3rd best team in the league, but just wasn't to be.

I'm so proud to support this team though, this is the best season I can remember. I do worry about what lies ahead next season, but there's no point really thinking about it too much. If i was a betting man (ok, I am), i'd say we could be looking at mid table next time - but all dependant on whether we can keep our best players.

Had a season of mainly entertaining games at the Amex, and enjoyable trips to Derby and Boro, so I can't really ask for much more. It's all about having fun and being entertained at the end of the day.

Congratulations to SW, will be a belter v Hull (probably) at Wembley. Roll on pre-season and the start of some fresh new dreams!

I feel for you BB - I listened on the radio and Brighton were rampant in that opening 35 mins in particular, I really thought you could do it, but then the equaliser knocked the wind out of your sails. I really do wish you the best of luck next season, it's been a pleasure having yourself and Seagulls posting on our forum. I really hope you guys can push on next season. Over the course of the season, there's little doubt that Brighton deserved it, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Don't be a stranger, I'll certainly have one eye on you guys next season.

Thanks, appreciate the comments. That equaliser - if ever there was a stuffing knocker, that was it. I won't dwell too much on it, no point now! We all felt disappointed but I felt more disappointment for the players who have worked so hard this year - only 8 defeats in all competitions - and some of whom have probably played their last game for us. Bottom line is, especially over the last few weeks, we've had big games in front of full houses (home and away), buzzing atmospheres, and it's been fun.

Hopefully we can both have decent seasons next time round, you must be excited about the Prem! Can see you doing well. How do you think you'll do?

Thank you - I am excited, without a doubt! It'll be really interesting to see how AK fares tactically next season, and of course I'm excited to see who we can bring in. It's fantastic for the town & people too, who for years have had it really tough to say the least. I think with wise recruitment we could have an upper-mid table finish, then if we do, push for the top 6 the following season. It's a long way off yet though!

The Leicester story should give you hope that anything is possible! You just need to make sure you consolidate and don't slip back down after one season, which I'm sure you won't. Burnley I think will struggle though. Must be great for the community like you say. Football clubs are so important in that respect.

Our best mate Bozza's latest quote:

Yup. Reasonable posts will be allowed. Trolling and abuse will not.

I made the changes after the Middlesbrough game. In all the years I've been looking after NSC, I've never experienced a group of supporters who have attempted to be so abusive, vile and homophobic as Boro fans, and I include that lot in Croydon in that. Absolutely remarkable, in the worst way.

Made in the lovely entitled thread "Ethnic Cleansing"

Great to have you part of the forum BB, at least you can relax and enjoy the summer now, I know when we were going through all the games in April it sort of took over, so nice to get your life back again.

Interesting to see if any vultures from the PL will come a calling for any of your key players?

I made the changes after the Middlesbrough game. In all the years I've been looking after NSC, I've never experienced a group of supporters who have attempted to be so abusive, vile and homophobic as Boro fans, and I include that lot in Croydon in that. Absolutely remarkable, in the worst way.

"Ethnic Cleansing"?!?! I'm lost for words..

It wasn't actually on about cleansing anyone, just thought it was a bit of a dodgy title lol

It wasn't actually on about cleansing anyone, just thought it was a bit of a dodgy title lol

Incredibly dodgy and deeply inappropriate

Made in  the lovely entitled thread "Ethnic Cleansing"

Did anybody from this forum even see any homophobic abuse from Boro fans? Because I didn't.

But once again, even though when questioned about it on Twitter he says it's a small minority, his first comment about is always slating Boro fans as a whole.

He literally can't get over some little kid who chanted about rent boys with his father egging him on. Like first of all that one father and son represents the entirety of our fan-base and town, like we bring up our kids to be homophobic in nature. Like that little kid would even know what a rent boy is. And that somehow the entirety of the Brighton fan-base are above the abusive jest that happens at a football match. You give as good as you get in most games, home or away.

At QPR, we got the whole 'Adam Johnson, he's one of your own', 'town full of paedos', all that ***. It happens in football stadiums. 95% of fans just get over it because it's mostly said in jest.

I've called them out about it on twitter too.

Like you, Wilson, I've not seen any homophobic posts on their board, apart from some from their own fans where they question Bruce Springsteen's stance on discrimination against transgender people.

Great to have you part of the forum BB, at least you can relax and enjoy the summer now, I know when we were going through all the games in April it sort of took over, so nice to get your life back again.

Interesting to see if any vultures from the PL will come a calling for any of your key players?

Pleasure to be here! It did feel like it was always in the forefront of my mind, so in that respect, I'm glad it's all over. Looking forward to the Euros now. And my wife is looking forward to the DIY I promised I'd do post-season....

I think Dunk will be off, and maybe interest in a few others. I'm really hoping Tony Bloom stands firm though and can keep them all together. But money talks!

Pleasure to be here! It did feel like it was always in the forefront of my mind, so in that respect, I'm glad it's all over. Looking forward to the Euros now. And my wife is looking forward to the DIY I promised I'd do post-season....

I think Dunk will be off, and maybe interest in a few others. I'm really hoping Tony Bloom stands firm though and can keep them all together. But money talks!

I actually think Brighton will hold on to a large set of their players. I can see all of Knockaert, Hemed, Kayal, Stephens and Goldson staying. Some on here were worried we'd lose a large chunk of players from last year but realistically the only quality player we lost was Tomlin whose head was turned by PL interest. The only other 3 players we lost from the play-off final were the loan returns of Vossen and Bamford and Dean Whitehead who was a bit-part player until the play-offs. Tomlin was replaced with first of all Diego Fabbrini who certainly did a job for a while and then Gaston Ramirez, without whom we'd have been in the play-offs.

As long as Hughton and Bloom set the target of automatic promotion next year and do everything in their power to improve the squad the way we did ours, I think Brighton will go on to better things next year and finish the job. It might seem difficult with Norwich coming down and with the pull that at least Newcastle should have (certainly if Benitez stays) but you have the know-how and a strong basis of a promotion squad ready.

Dunk won't leave. He's under contract until 2018. I think he'll stick it out for another season.

I can see at least the promoted sides holding an interest, can definitely see interest being shown by Burnley.