oneBoro Forum

Well done lads

This will be my last post. I won't court controversy for what I saw. It just isn't worth the hassle.

I will congratulate you on a fantastic season and deserved promotion. You, as fans, have shown total class this term. I hope you have a great season in the Prem and although we could join you, our play off history in the past four seasons doesn't bode well so I don't expect anything from it.

You have a great Chairman in Steve Gibson, much like our own. You have intelligent football minded fans. On this forum you don't treat us away supporters with suspicion and rarely abuse us. 

All the best lads.

Lovely post and was great having some nice opposition fans on our board. Best of luck in the playoffs, despite your previous records. Maybe we'll see you on the board next season when we're both in Premier League :D

This will be my last post. I won't court controversy for what I saw. It just isn't worth the hassle.

I will congratulate you on a fantastic season and deserved promotion. You, as fans, have shown total class this term. I hope you have a great season in the Prem and although we could join you, our play off history in the past four seasons doesn't bode well so I don't expect anything from it.

You have a great Chairman in Steve Gibson, much like our own. You have intelligent football minded fans. On this forum you don't treat us away supporters with suspicion and rarely abuse us. 

All the best lads.

Good luck, mate. I think most of us wish that you weren't the team we had to beat to promotion. Think you would have been worthy title winners ahead of Burnley too.

I am hoping for a Brighton vs Derby Wembley final because I'd be happy with either in the Premier League through my Derby connections. But of course, you deserve it more from your performance this year and the attitude from Mel Morris when answering questions regarding promotion was too negative in the short-term so I wouldn't be too disappointed with his team staying in the Championship next year.

great post seagulls, good idea to not talk about the game the rose tinted glasses each set of supporters seen the game through are polar opposite i seems :)

you more than welcome to keep coming back on and having some craic, whatever division you end up in.

top 3 should be the teams to go up so i will be kind of hoping you can do it. even after all the shenanigans that went on during and after the game yesterday.

well done and good luck.

"Think you would have been worthy title winners ahead of Burnley too."

Aside from the fact we finished 4 points ahead of them, and haven't been beaten since boxing day. Yeh, I agree, they definitely deserve the title above us ;)

Aside from the fact we finished 4 points ahead of them, and haven't been beaten since boxing day. Yeh, I agree, they definitely deserve the title above us ;)

Yeah, that means that you actually won the title by getting great results, very aware of that. Congratulations because ultimately, regardless of how you did it, it worked and got you the title. Nobody can take that away from Burnley.

Regardless of how it actually finished though, I still think Brighton played by far the better and more exciting football and I appreciate better footballing sides. Just like last season when it was between Bournemouth and Watford on the last day, I thought Bournemouth played the better football so I was happy it was them who won the title.

I also like Chris Hughton more than Sean Dyche, like I appreciated Eddie Howe but had zero affection for Jokanovic.

Having said that, I did appreciate the Vokes goal at Charlton as one of the few examples when Burnley had good passing play.

Lets be honest; you guys play a very boring but effective style of football.

Brighton are far and away the better footballing side IMO.

Congrats on the title though; at the end of the day the table doesn't lie :)

Good luck next season.

Good luck next season.

So do we! 

Brighton have been the better footballing side for the last few weeks maybe but that's about it. Hadn't they scored fewer goals than us until they battered Fulham and QPR?  I don't remember anyone complimenting them much beforehand for their style of play?  Burnley are as boring and effective as we are and Brighton for most of the season have been no different.

Good luck next season.

So do we! 

Brighton have been the better footballing side for the last few weeks maybe but that's about it. Hadn't they scored fewer goals than us until they battered Fulham and QPR?  I don't remember anyone complimenting them much beforehand for their style of play?  Burnley are as boring and effective as we are and Brighton for most of the season have been no different.

Now now CT, how can you compare our perfect blend of tiki-taka and total football to Burnley. Do they even play football? If we were cars Boro would be a Ferrari while Burnley are the equivalent of a Trabant.

Top post from a top fella

I think there is hardly a Boro supporter that isn't rooting for Brighton in the play-offs. Really hope you can do it. Good Luck

I wish people would stop being so pretentious. There is no 'right' way to play. One style is not better than others, only different.

Some people sound like ***nal fans, that's never a good thing.

I wish people would stop being so pretentious. There is no 'right' way to play. One style is not better than others, only different.

Some people sound like ***nal fans, that's never a good thing.

There isn't a right way to play to get success. Yes.

There are ways of playing which gets fans of football in general excited about watching you. There are ways of playing which can be dull and boring and make people feel more excited about watching paint dry.

Ultimately if you don't get results it doesn't matter but combining successful football with exciting football should and always will be commended.