oneBoro Forum

Not looking foward to seeing him next year!!!

Young Dimitrios would have casually tipped that over the bar mate.  Don't worry about it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

My takeaways from the France - Romania game:

• Romania played really well. They understandably lacked technical quality (almost all their crosses were woefully overhit), but were organised and were a good example of how important it can be to play as a team. Unlucky not to get a point.
  • I don't understand why people are so quick to criticise Giroud - okay so he's a streak striker, but he does score goals and always works hard for the team.
  • Griezmann seemed underutilised out wide, didn't get much chance to play off the shoulder. Not sure what option France have to solve that one mind.
  • Payet's set pieces were generally well below his usual standards - often hitting the first man - and yet he sumptuously set up Giroud for France's first, and smashed in that second. He just has that quality, and will remain dangerous throughout the tournament.
  • Kante is on fire, so good at reading the game. MotM for me - assisted the second goal, and frankly he may well be the reason France's defence holds up in the long run.
  • Speaking of France's defence, they were really susceptible from set pieces - that will be punished against better teams unless they improve.
  • Evra was particularly poor, had some sloppy tackles go unpunished and gave away the penalty.
  • Pintilii impressed for Romania, seemed to get some important tackles in and dictated what little play Romania could muster. Stancu was alright as well.

Finally, I thought the referee was pretty poor. Seemed really scared to make a wrong decision, particularly against France. That said, I think the penalty decision and the penalty shout from France not given were the correct decisions.

Any predictions for tonight's opener? I'm going for:

France 2-1 Romania

Payet to score first.

So close! Payet assisted the first and scored the second. Would've been a bit sick if I'd put money on that...

Any predictions for tonight's opener? I'm going for:

France 2-1 Romania

Payet to score first.

So close! Payet assisted the first and scored the second. Would've been a bit sick if I'd put money on that...

Lottery numbers?

Not looking foward to seeing him next year!!!

Young Dimitrios would have casually tipped that over the bar mate.  Don't worry about it.

Correction, clayton would have stuck his massive staff into the ground and said "you shall not pass" before payet even received the ball.

Sky sports probably starting 11 for England tonight:

----------------Hart------------------

Walker - Smalling - Cahill - Rose

-----------------Dier-------------------

-----------Rooney - Alli------------

-----Lallana --------- Sterling----------

----------------Kane--------------------

That's not too bad, as long as Alli is the more forward of those two midfielders. I'd rather see Clyne in than Walker as well since he can actually defend.

Stirling has done nothing at City or with England to warrant being in that starting eleven...

I'd rather play him there than shoehorn in Vardy or Rashford on the wing.

The problem we have is that Roy hasn't taken enough genuine wide players, he's taken central players who can play on the wing if needed.

Happy enough with that. But the formation will be Roy's favourite 4-3-3 with Lallana and sterling dropping either side of Dier

Stirling has done nothing at City or with England to warrant being in that starting eleven...

The problem we have is that Roy hasn't taken enough genuine wide players, he's taken central players who can play on the wing if needed.

Agree with you there Will. Which is why I'd a liked to see Townsend in the squad over Rashford

Agree with you there Will. Which is why I'd a liked to see Townsend in the squad over Rashford

It's Barkley I'd drop for Townsend. I can see benefits to exposing Rashford to the big tournament experience.

I can't see a single reason why Barkley is in this squad.

It's Barkley I'd drop for Townsend. I can see benefits to exposing Rashford to the big tournament experience.

I can't see a single reason why Barkley is in this squad.

My biggest problem with taking Barkley is like CT said the other day, Roy doesn't seem willing to play him (no time in any of the friendlies) so why on earth have we wasted a spot for him?

How many times have we played that team in that formation?