oneBoro Forum

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Think people are being overly critical of the subs. At the time they made sense. I mean who thought that Russia were going to get a shot never mind a goal the only problem I saw was with Rose trying to mark a 6'4inch striker which none of the subs would've changed and it was a hell of a header. It's only with hindsight were pulling the decisions apart

It's not hindsight at all. I was saying it during the game. It's also more to do with the changes Woy didn't make. Also by the time they did get one it's very possible we could have had another goal with more situationally suited players i.e. Vardy.

Also by making defensive changes and failing to make a positive one he basically set out his stall to defend a slim lead. It is this lack of attacking outlet that causes the wave after wave of attacking pressure. Not to mention the opposition psychologically pick up on it. Hodgson has previous trying to defend one nil leads and it is ultimately that got him the sack at Liverpool imo. Also against tall teams that will to pump it into the box it's *** naive.

I say it's hindsight because they equalised. I don't recall anyone saying either on here or the TV that we looked likely to concede. But I do get your point about teams pumping the ball forward towards the end. Russia is always going to be one of those teams with the height they have in their forward ranks. We should be able to cope with that but unfortunately we're not

I wasn't on here last night during the game. But I'm never comfortable with a one nil lead, especially when they are there for the taking, coupled with the fact that they were going to throw the kitchen Dzyuba at us, we needed that extra goal. The co com did actually say last night that they 'would get a chance, at this level you always do, due to a mistake or a moment of brilliance' but that counts for nothing anyway as they generally talk a lot crap. It was obvious to me anyway what was going to happen, that they would get chances if we sat back, and honestly that's not hindsight.

Fair 1.... The point I suppose I'm trying to make is that (in my opinion anyway) our finishing or lack of, in front of goal played a greater part to us not winning last night than Roy's subs.

Just for balance though. The one thing I do put at Roy's feet is the crap awful decision to let Kane take our corners

Think people are being overly critical of the subs. At the time they made sense. I mean who thought that Russia were going to get a shot never mind a goal the only problem I saw was with Rose trying to mark a 6'4inch striker which none of the subs would've changed and it was a hell of a header. It's only with hindsight were pulling the decisions apart

It's not hindsight at all. I was saying it during the game. It's also more to do with the changes Woy didn't make. Also by the time they did get one it's very possible we could have had another goal with more situationally suited players i.e. Vardy.

Also by making defensive changes and failing to make a positive one he basically set out his stall to defend a slim lead. It is this lack of attacking outlet that causes the wave after wave of attacking pressure. Not to mention the opposition psychologically pick up on it. Hodgson has previous trying to defend one nil leads and it is ultimately that got him the sack at Liverpool imo. Also against tall teams that will to pump it into the box it's *** naive.

I say it's hindsight because they equalised. I don't recall anyone saying either on here or the TV that we looked likely to concede. But I do get your point about teams pumping the ball forward towards the end. Russia is always going to be one of those teams with the height they have in their forward ranks. We should be able to cope with that but unfortunately we're not

I wasn't on here last night during the game. But I'm never comfortable with a one nil lead, especially when they are there for the taking, coupled with the fact that they were going to throw the kitchen Dzyuba at us, we needed that extra goal. The co com did actually say last night that they 'would get a chance, at this level you always do, due to a mistake or a moment of brilliance' but that counts for nothing anyway as they generally talk a lot crap. It was obvious to me anyway what was going to happen, that they would get chances if we sat back, and honestly that's not hindsight.

Fair 1.... The point I suppose I'm trying to make is that (in my opinion anyway) our finishing or lack of, in front of goal played a greater part to us not winning last night than Roy's subs.

Just for balance though. The one thing I do put at Roy's feet is the crap awful decision to let Kane take our corners

Yeah I suppose. If only there was someone with the ability to change those misfiring players... :D

UEFA has warned England and Russia they could be disqualified from Euro 2016 if there is further violence between supporters.

That would be quite the statement.

I really hope our "fans" can calm down, although I know a lot of it is Russians/French provoking them.

I couldn't face coming on here and discussing the game last night. What an awful, typically England way to end it. :( When we're dominating games, we need to a) put away our chances, and b) keep dominating to the end. Settling for 1-0 with the defensive frailties that we know we have was asking for a last minute equaliser.

Kane didn't turn up, but I'd keep him in the team. Sterling needs replacing with somebody though - glad Roy brought plenty of other wide options... :dodgy: Speaking of Roy, his decision making was poor I thought - didn't sub until very late into the game, didn't bring Vardy on for pace when we were 1-0 up, encouraged the lads to sit deep towards the end.

I'm pretty certain the French fans didn't cause any trouble before or after their game with Romania.

I think DZ is referring to the French fans involved with England and Russia either before or after the match

I'm pretty certain the French fans didn't cause any trouble before or after their game with Romania.

I think DZ is referring to the French fans involved with England and Russia either before or after the match

The mob that descended on the English pub in M***illes probably weren't football fans, just trouble makers. M***ille is a bit of a melting pot and although some may have been French, some were from other backgrounds.

The England fans were allegedly chanting "Isis where are you" at them, so my guess is they were viewed by the England fans as something other than French.