oneBoro Forum

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Chuffed for Wales. Still a fairly good start for Ireland. Northern Ireland very poor but scrap a win and ya never know.

As for England, I'm usually the first one to defend em when shots are being fired, but I actually wouldn't rate our performance anything better then reasonably good. We looked solid, controlled the midfield well, had a few chances. But Russia are a very poor team. And we hardly knocked the door down in pursuit of a goal. To be truly happy I would have liked to see more clear cut chances created. That said, tainted with disappointment but a promising start relatively.

Team vs Wales - I want to see the same formation now and much the same personnel, and I wouldn't drop Kane on the back of one bad performance. Sterling, however, I would definitely drop, as he's been poor for quite some time. Really tough to decide who I'd start instead though. There isn't really a natural or obvious option. Questionable, but would probably go for Vardy. Not his natural position, but he will give you pace, composure in front of goal when he pops up more centrally and he will close down players. Even if he doesn't fire on all cylinders in an attacking sense, he should offer more then Sterling did/does, plus is capable of a bit of magic.

Has anybody seen the comments from a member of the Russian FA? Disgusting and unbelievably out of touch.

Not since they "welcomed" FIFAs investigations into the violence and the threat to ban them from the competition.

What they saying now like?

Team vs Wales - I want to see the same formation now and much the same personnel, and I wouldn't drop Kane on the back of one bad performance. Sterling, however, I would definitely drop, as he's been poor for quite some time. Really tough to decide who I'd start instead though. There isn't really a natural or obvious option. Questionable, but would probably go for Vardy. Not his natural position, but he will give you pace, composure in front of goal when he pops up more centrally and he will close down players. Even if he doesn't fire on all cylinders in an attacking sense, he should offer more then Sterling did/does, plus is capable of a bit of magic.

This is my opinion, to the word almost. Sterling has to be dropped IMO, and Vardy is probably the best option despite his lack of experience in that role. If we're going narrow (and I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion) I'd actually be interested to see Barkley on the left instead. I know he's been out of form, but he's been good when I've seen him for England.

Has anybody seen the comments from a member of the Russian FA? Disgusting and unbelievably out of touch.

Not since they "welcomed" FIFAs investigations into the violence and the threat to ban them from the competition.

What they saying now like?

I'll try and find the article.

Edit: http://www.skysports.com/share/10312610

That pass from Bonnucci..

Lovely wasn't it. He is a great passer in general for a CB

It was a thing of beauty.. Might see more of it next season as I'm sure I've seen him linked to Chelsea