oneBoro Forum

oneBoro PL forum revamp

Is there any way tweets can be embedded? Would look a lot smarter in the transfer thread and other stuff when they're used quite regular, but could be an advantage all over the site.

So that it looks a bit like this:

zodt2u.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Is there any way tweets can be embedded? Would look a lot smarter in the transfer thread and other stuff when they're used quite regular, but could be an advantage all over the site.

So that it looks a bit like this:

zodt2u.png

I thought maybe there'd be a workaround to do that already but it appears not. It would be a good idea though, other social media sites would be good to do the same with but Tweets is probably the best one to start with.

I think firstly credit to you for a very good forum. But, what I'd suggest (you may of done this already) is conduct some market research. Perhaps look at other club forums in the Premier League - analyse their designs and see if it could be implemented on this oneBoro forum to improve it.

I'm a member of FoxesTalk (LCFC forum) and what I have noticed is the difference in sections. I think oneBoro could do with a Transfer Talk page based on Middlesbrough FC, A general chat page and also a Feedback/Support page for mods.

Other than that, it's pretty good. Hope that helps in some way.

I quite like the simple design on here, said it before, I think it keeps the focus on the content rather than how 'pretty' it is. For me, that's the way a forum should be. It shouldn't be made to look like another Bootstrap rip-off.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is really the place to ask as it is not a revamp as such but a little annoying problem I have when logging in.

When I click reply to a thread it will take me to the login page. I enter my details and I get the message about logging and after it has finished it still says Welcome Guest. I have to then click Register to get it to acknowledge that I've logged in which has taken me several pages away from the thread that I was going to reply to. So I then have to navigate back to the page.

Fixing that would be a major improvement to a positive user experience.

It appears to have been .com. Tried your suggestion and that seems to work.

Thanks. I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere before which I guess means everyone else knew!

It appears to have been .com. Tried your suggestion and that seems to work.

Thanks. I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere before which I guess means everyone else knew!

It tends to crop up every year, I suffered from it last year till someone told me the same thing :p

• 3 weeks later...

Well now we have a Premier League forum it is felt by Rob and others that perhaps we should have a revamping of the forum as a whole so that when opposing Premier League fans start to visit our site that they feel that we are a good place to visit.

Obviously being PL will attract new sources of advertising (that's for Rob to deal with) but we need your views and suggestions about what works, what does not work, what you would like to see in terms of improvement (many have viewed other clubs forums now) things that need to go etc etc.

Borobaz made a good suggestion about having a section for members to promote their areas of expertise that would be of benefit for other forum members and at a discount.

I know that we have already been approached by someone who does a lot of videos for Man Utd fans match day experiences and would like to be involved with oneBoro fans match day videos (we did try bat sadly did not pay off).

Any way as said all thoughts comments ideas are most welcome in order that we do become a Premier League fans Forum :)

DS, are we going to see any changes to the forum before the season commences?