oneBoro Forum

2016/17 New Kit!

What colour would you like the away kit to be?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What colour would you like the away kit to be?

I wonder if our shirts will go on sale at the big sports shops now we are in the prem? Also didn't overseas customers used to have trouble buying kits online? If so, I hope that is fixed. The premier league is truly a global league and we would be missing a trick if we didn't.

As much that would make it easier for me to buy one out in Abu Dhabi i doubt they would be breaking sales records with the Boro top.

Plus if its only buying from club shops surely the club will benefit from this more. 

Catch 22.

I meant can you buy them overseas from the club shop online? I know at one point you couldn't. It would be short sighted by the club not to. There are Boro fans all over the world, granted not as many as the big boys, but it smacks of small club mentality if we don't. Like what would be the downside?

Apologies fella, my misunderstanding. In that case as long as its coming from the club store and the club will take benefit rather than some sports store, i fully support this.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if our shirts will go on sale at the big sports shops now we are in the prem? Also didn't overseas customers used to have trouble buying kits online? If so, I hope that is fixed. The premier league is truly a global league and we would be missing a trick if we didn't.

As much that would make it easier for me to buy one out in Abu Dhabi i doubt they would be breaking sales records with the Boro top.

Plus if its only buying from club shops surely the club will benefit from this more. 

Catch 22.

I meant can you buy them overseas from the club shop online? I know at one point you couldn't. It would be short sighted by the club not to. There are Boro fans all over the world, granted not as many as the big boys, but it smacks of small club mentality if we don't. Like what would be the downside?

Maybe the club would also have to pay for some of the distribution of the kits? Or maybe they lose out too much when it comes to sales? I don't think there's a problem with overseas delivery, consumer just has to naturally pay more for delivery.

There'll be a margin that has to be made up to justify it. Expected sales of the kits overseas vs. the cost of distribution and how much of a cut the sports shops take. If it isn't cost effective, then what's the point for the club to do it?

The huge clubs with outstanding followings in every country can afford to do that as consumers coming into the sports shops will be likely to pick up a kit for their club over a club who they might not have heard of. You put us in a shop to compete with Real, Barca, United and Milan, which kit would the average shopper pick up?

Catch 22.

I think the main downside is that the stores take a cut of the profits, which equals less money going back to the club. Not a problem if you're one of the big clubs that sells hundreds of thousands of shirts nationwide / globally, but probably not really worth it if you're a less popular club like Boro.

Selling only via the club shop or online means they keep the overheads down and maximise the amount of money coming back into the club's coffers.

Just had a look at the Adidas template shirts and have to say I like the Campeon, Striped, Konn and Tabela shirts. If any of those form the basis for our shirts I'll be happy.

Yeah I was talking about them as two separate issues. I should of worded it better.

First one being; I wonder if we will sell in bigger stores, I wouldn't of thought we would but it's possible.

Second one being; Do we sell overseas from the club website?

I think the global profile of the Premier League is a different animal to what it used to be seven years ago. I'd be surprised if Boro hadn't seriously considered making our shirts available in external outlets.

I think the global profile of the Premier League is a different animal to what it used to be seven years ago. I'd be surprised if Boro hadn't seriously considered making our shirts available in external outlets.

But there's 19 other teams in the Premier League who would be considering the same thing, the PL's reach is astounding, watched by millions around the world. But for one, there's only so much space a shop can provide for replica kits and if you put ours in a section surrounded by ***nal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Spurs and heck even Leicester right now, who would pick Middlesbrough?

Unless someone's a collector and loaded and comes in to purchase them all, who's going to genuinely pick up a Boro shirt surrounded by the others?

Who would've bought a Leicester shirt 12 months ago?

No one. And unless we win the Premier League, no one will buy ours either. Thanks for essentially making my point for me. ;)

...and no one would've been able to buy it throughout the season had they not opened up their shirt to overseas sales. Imagine that, Premier League Champions and no one overseas can buy your shirt.

thanks for coming ;)

It's stupid for an online club shop not to ship overseas. You just pass the price of postage on to the customer. I don't understand why they wouldn't. There must be something I'm missing because there must be people in charge of these things who have vast experience in retail, but not everyone does it, yet it seems obvious and simple. I mean if I can ship stuff abroad ive sold on eBay then surely multi million pound football clubs can do it?

...and no one would've been able to buy it throughout the season had they not opened up their shirt to overseas sales. Imagine that, Premier League Champions and no one overseas can buy your shirt.

thanks for coming ;)

Yes, fool on Leicester because they should have seen their title coming a mile off... :rolleyes:

I buy 2 kits every year from the online store and have them posted to Australia. Basically anything in the online shop can be posted without issue.

Boro have a few big fans in Adelaide alone, there's even a supporters club. One of them just moved over there so he could go to home games.

Edit to say - I think its 15 pound postage. A shirt ends up costing me around $110 Australian.