oneBoro Forum

A Brighton apology

I've been posting on another thread for a few days now, had great banter and debate. In doing this, I'd been mainly neglecting reading my usual North Stand Chat site.

I went on this morning, and read a thread that had been started by a Boro fan over the weekend. He gave a lengthy view on the game, a fair view, and gave praise for what we had achieved this season on our budget. He also wished us well for the play-offs. Basically, it was inoffensive and decent.

The comments he got were abusive, and I have to say I'm embarassed by what I read. I didn't get past the first page so have no idea what else was said, but if 'Uptheboro11' is reading this, I want to apologise on behalf of the many many more decent Brighton fans that will sadly get tarnished with the same brush.

I wish you well for next season, I think you'll be fine up there, and I hope we can join you on May 28th.

It's a poisoned atmosphere on NSC at the moment, but we've had great examples on this forum of decent Brighton fans. Most have contributed well for the past month or 2 in the run in.

You don't need to apologise for them, of course. Good luck in the playoffs, BB.

Thanks - and I think we'll need luck in the play-offs now!

What gets me is that it's just a game. All fans love their club, and it's great having a bit of singing/rivalry etc in the ground vs the opposition fans. I just don't get why it has to nose dive into personal abuse, or slagging off the areas that people live in etc.

its the same on every board. when things go wrong the doyles come out of the woodwork and dominate the board for a while. its still a good board, imagine the burnley board if he same happened. they might manage to get a post into double figures :)

It's not your place to apologise for them mate, you've been a great contributor on this forum and a lot of us would like to see you stick around if I'm honest.

I just don't get it. You like Brighton, I like Boro... What's the big deal? It's not the 1980's, we're not firms and I see no reason to hate someone just because they don't like the same football team that I do, it's ridiculous.

This is the type of Brighton fan I recognise , a really decent post and reinforces my view that the only BHA fans I have come across are decent people.

We have to admit that just like them we have some keyboard warriors that really need to tone it down but I really hope that Brighton go up with us as they absolutely deserve it for that points tally and the way they have gone at this league , in many ways the Champos Leicester.

Hope you are back on here next year for some banter Brighton Believer

We have had some really good debates with a few Brighton fans and they have conducted themselves extremely well. You will always get a minority that cause havoc and spoil things.

I for one hope you guys go up via the play offs, could be a big ask though, wouldn't have fancied us after such a long hard season.

BUT you never know.