oneBoro Forum

Stadium Upgrades

Thread idea stolen from FMTTM, but what would people like to happen the stadium in terms of improvements now we are back in the prem?

There's talk of Red Faction including ultra style art around the south stand.

There's also some suggestions around moving the big screen to accommodate more seats (not sure I can see this happening).

Another one that someone on FMTTM mentioned was changing the camera to the east stand looking into the west.

Personally a cheap and cheerful improvmen to I would like to see would be to have separate beer/drink que's to speed up the service in the concourse (like at Wembley)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Would be nice to get another tier of seating built, the stadium would be huge! I can't see that happening until we're a good top 10 finish though. I'm not sure what's going to happen with seating though, as there's going to be an away following twice the size to the Riverside now, at least.

There was a scaffold at the back of the East stand (about 7-8 rows behind me) for a wee while. That might have been a trial for moving the camera position.

EDIT: Very little point expanding the stadium when there's a relatively small population in the area and we rarely (saturday excluding) sell out.

There was a scaffold at the back of the East stand (about 7-8 rows behind me) for a wee while. That might have been a trial for moving the camera position.

Empty seats aren't to be a problem now are they? but shooting into the sun would be.

Don't think there would be anything nice or financially reasonable about improving our maximum attendance through a stadium expansion.

We saw on Saturday that the ground really is a cauldron of noise at its best, so altering the shape of that wouldn't help.

Not to mention that we don't come close to selling out every game the way some teams can. That's just because we don't have the population and/or money to do it.

Something needs to be done about the West Stand. The North, South and East have all been done out with fancy art and wording, and the West has been left out.

I mainly sit in the West (like to have a proper view of the pitch), but sometimes venture to the north/north east and really like what they've done to it. Gets you pumped before the game.

You can't be serious about an expansion

Thought it was just me. :D

Honestly though, we have a Premier League stadium and facilities. I don't anything will change. That part are ready for.

Replace all seats with LazyBoy seats. Would half the attendance, we'd probably sell out every week and we could charge more for a ticket. Move aside Steve Gibson...

Something needs to be done about the West Stand. The North, South and East have all been done out with fancy art and wording, and the West has been left out.

I mainly sit in the West (like to have a proper view of the pitch), but sometimes venture to the north/north east and really like what they've done to it. Gets you pumped before the game.

The west is getting a massive uplift this summer. I only know of the hospitality but would have though the rest of the west will be updated