oneBoro Forum

Stadium Upgrades

Agreed, but he will never actively look to sell the club. He is a custodian for the people of Teesside. If a buyer ever came along, which they won't because currently we don't make money, he will assess whether they are a better person than himself to become the custodian of the club. I have heard this direct from his mouth.

All Gibson is doing is window dressing the club to make it a more attractive proposition to the global audience and therefore more attractive to sponsors/advertisement.

You don't know what his motives are and he's only going to tell you what he wants you to hear. The silence from him on season ticket prices was deafening.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Agreed, but he will never actively look to sell the club. He is a custodian for the people of Teesside. If a buyer ever came along, which they won't because currently we don't make money, he will assess whether they are a better person than himself to become the custodian of the club. I have heard this direct from his mouth.

All Gibson is doing is window dressing the club to make it a more attractive proposition to the global audience and therefore more attractive to sponsors/advertisement.

You don't know what his motives are and he's only going to tell you what he wants you to hear. The silence from him on season ticket prices was deafening.

how about the silence of freezing ticket prices for 7 years too....?

Wow you've met him Humpty? What's he like?

Some of those changes had to happen because of promotion. The others are meaningless in the context of selling the club really. He's not trying to add a few grand to the price of a house by doing a bit of DIY! If he was selling none of this would make the slightest bit of difference.

He's like a bloke from Middlesbrough who happens to have done well for himself.

There must be more to him than that, have you met him too CT? What does he smell like?

Success.

A lot of the upgrades are to do with promotion it clearly states that others are just making the place look better especially for tele.

I must admit the gazette's piece on it seems like a justifying piece as if to say here this is what your money is buying.

A lot of it isn't going to benefit us the fans at all it's all to do with sky and the prem like the tv boxes and the new dugouts but it will be nice to see the seats and he stadium looking upto scratch.

how about the silence of freezing ticket prices for 7 years too....?

We've already been through this on the season ticket thread. I reiterate season cards were and still are overpriced imho.

A lot of the upgrades are to do with promotion it clearly states that others are just making the place look better especially for tele.

I must admit the gazette's piece on it seems like a justifying piece as if to say here this is what your money is buying.

A lot of it isn't going to benefit us the fans at all it's all to do with sky and the prem like the tv boxes and the new dugouts but it will be nice to see the seats and he stadium looking upto scratch.

I don't think the gazette need to justify it, Sky are paying the money, if it wasn't for TV rights there would be no £170m.

Wow you've met him Humpty? What's he like?

a top bloke.

There must be more to him than that, have you met him too CT? What does he smell like?

He smells magnificent:)

He smells magnificent:)

That's a relief, I once met Brian Blessed and he stank of wee, most disappointing.