oneBoro Forum

Stadium Upgrades

5 million for stadium upgrades. Jesus that's a lot of money.

It is but the stadium needs the work doing so may as well get it done now out of the TV money.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

im a little suprised that corporate boxes hasnt been mentioned in the staduim upgrades  too much.

wether youre all for them or all against them there is absolutely no doubt that there will be a far greater demand for them now the bigger clubs are visiting .

i know from previous experience that companies use a "match experience "as a subtle way of enticing business from prospective clients.and im sure the club does reasonably well out of things too.

£20k a season to get a box, but that was a few years ago and championship prices, I'd imagine they'll be around £25k a season now.

That sounds a lot but if you imagine selling 10 of them would just about cover a decent players wages for a month it's mental haha.

I'd rather secure our PL status for another season rather than spunking 5m on a set of stairs. :rolleyes:

It's the only efficient way to get the TV equipment into the stadium. I'm surprised they haven't installed a lift though.

I'd rather secure our PL status for another season rather than spunking 5m on a set of stairs. :rolleyes:

We are legally obliged to make the upgrades, it is part of the new tv deal. :rolleyes:

We are legally obliged to make the upgrades, it is part of the new tv deal. :rolleyes:

Seems weird that we've hosted international and UEFA-sanctioned matches whilst being in the Championship yet suddenly have to upgrade the stairs when we join the money-league.

Extra cameras for American and Chinese TV? :rolleyes:

Seems weird that we've hosted international and UEFA-sanctioned matches whilst being in the Championship yet suddenly have to upgrade the stairs when we join the money-league.

Extra cameras for American and Chinese TV? :rolleyes:

The gazette article said we need to go from 8 camera bays to 32, which seems like a ridiculous increase. To me that can only mean that multiple TV companies are going to be in the stadium for matches.

It's all down to the fact that everything has to be shot in 4K or super HD, so the floodlights need improving, to accommodate that. You'd be surprised, but 32 cameras isn't excessive at a premiership match these days. Some of them will be for super slow-mo shots, some for close ups some for wides.

That's why sky's premiership coverage always looks a lot better than the championship. That's why they are paying all the money. There won't be a load of foreign cameramen at the riverside. Sky have got it all sown up, they will provide all footage to other countries.