oneBoro Forum

Where do you hope/think we will finish?

You just have to look at West Brom, Watford and Palace to see where a good defence gets you. It keeps you safe for most of the season. Even Stoke are going to finish between 9-11 because of a decent defense while the three relegated teams have conceded the most. Goals usually gets you promoted while a good defence keeps you safe.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

in my dreams i hope top 10  ...alot will depend on how impressive our signings are and how they fit in .

but realistically i  think if we can avoid any nervousness by staying clear of the relegation battle  at all times that will be a good progressive season  12th- 16th will do for me  .

Assuming AK does strengthen the squad with some quality signings, I would be perfectly happy with anywhere from 10th to 15th.

An okay first season to allow us to gauge how we compare to the other 19, then we can build from there.

I honestly believe if we don't add pace into front four then we'll be relegated. As some have said before, with our set-up, we don't score many so we have to take opportunities on the counter every time.

Pace. Pace. Pace.

I honestly believe if we don't add pace into front four then we'll be relegated. As some have said before, with our set-up, we don't score many so we have to take opportunities on the counter every time.

Pace. Pace. Pace.

Isnt there a rumour that the premier league allows you more space and time on the ball though? Supposedly not as dogged and harried like the championship. With good passing we should be stable

Pace. Pace. Pace.

Isnt there a rumour that the premier league allows you more space and time on the ball though? Supposedly not as dogged and harried like the championship. With good passing we should be stable

We have to find the right blend. Being able to keep the ball in our own ranks is very important. Obviously we need to be able to break quickly when given the chance but sometimes it's very important to slow things down a bit and keep the ball.

Tottenham aren't packed with pacey players yet they're the best attacking unit in the Premier League - playing the same formation as us too. Alli is quick and Lamela is reasonably quick but Eriksen and Kane are average speed. Their balance is superb to allow them to play through teams as their players are that intelligent to play through teams and are clinical when they get a chance.

I honestly don't feel we can play 2 defensive midfielders in this league, you can't afford to sit deep and try and soak up the pressure, you need an outlet, there's far too many quality players that will find you out.

I honestly don't feel we can play 2 defensive midfielders in this league, you can't afford to sit deep and try and soak up the pressure, you need an outlet, there's far too many quality players that will find you out.

You need an outlet? There are four players playing ahead of the defensive midfielders and two supporting full backs to the side. Compare that to a 442 where you have only two outlets ahead and two to the side. I don't necessarily disagree with you regarding two defensive midfielders but having an outlet isn't a problem if you play two defensive midfielders.

Without 2 defencive midfielders we could get picked apart

With some really good buys I'd hope top6.  I expect 14,15,16th

We played one defensive midfielder when Boateng was here, we didn't need 2, he was good enough on his own,not many teams in this division play 2 defensive midfielders, unless you have one who has the ability to go forward and break from defense, which we clearly haven't,unless we bring someone in.