Where do you hope/think we will finish?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

The 3 relegated teams will most likely come from the group of 9 teams of us, Burnley, play off winners, whichever team survives out of the 3 relegation battlers this year(probably Sunderland), Watford, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Swansea and West Brom. The quality and solidity in the other teams squads makes it very unlikely that they'll slip into a relegation battle. Survival is the aim in the first season.

Depends. If it's anything as close in the middle of the table I'd expect around 12th but I think around 16th. I don't think we'll be close to being relegated but it will be in the back of our minds.

I could see any of Burnley, PO winners, West Brom, Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Sunderland finishing below us. This is mainly based on their 2016 performances and my opinion of their relative recruitment.

I'll predict 14th above all of those teams except Sunderland. Of course I would be happy with survival in any position though. Our squad has underachieved a bit this season so I wouldn't be surprised if we could be strong in the Premiership with the right recruitments.

I could see any of Burnley, PO winners, West Brom, Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Sunderland finishing below us. This is mainly based on their 2016 performances and my opinion of their relative recruitment.

I'll predict 14th above all of those teams except Sunderland. Of course I would be happy with survival in any position though. Our squad has underachieved a bit this season so I wouldn't be surprised if we could be strong in the Premiership with the right recruitments.

See, ive seen many people mention that this team have done a reasonable job, but that might not cut it in the premier league should we be promoted. Ive always thought that its not exactly as black and white as that though and even though the way we played didnt exactly score us a ton of goals, whats not to say the opposite might not happen in the top tier? (Double negatives, i dont know if that makes sense or not). Hell we beat city 2-0, drew 2-2 with liverpool (1-1 after normal time) and kept man u at bay for 120 minutes! Im sure we could hold our own up there right now to be fair.

I'd be happy with a boring mid-table finish. I think we need to get off to a good start like Watford just to ease the nerves a bit. Its a common Boro theme in the PL to start off well and then drift away after Christmas.

12th would suit me fine.

Right now we're 18th/19th. Let's see how things look by the start of the season though when we've done our transfer business.

It's been that long since I've paid a lot of attention to the PL that I can't really see where that massive gap in quality is between the Championship and the PL.

As it is, we have a squad with a lot of quality for this division. Many on here said we should have won the title this year because of the quality of our squad. But is the gap in quality between the so called 'best squad in the division' really so far from being a good enough squad to keep us up?

There are teams like Palace, West Brom, Sunderland and Everton which really need to improve, though the latter probably just needs a new manager to come in, especially when you look at them when they were at their best vs. us at our best and they turned us over at home.

But I genuinely believe that this squad has the quality to compete with the other 3 at least and whatever Burnley and the play-off winners bring up too.

It doesn't mean anything right now because there's going to be plenty of business to be done between now and kick-off in mid-August for us and the teams that will inevitably be around us. But I'd say if you kept the window closed right now, we'd be able to give it a good go to finish in the middle of the lower half of the table.

Sunderland, West Brom and Palace are better teams than us. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise mate. In a one of game yeah of course we can probably beat them as it stands but over 38 games it's a different story. I'd say to look at Norwich if you want a reasonable idea of where we are right now.

Sunderland, West Brom and Palace are better teams than us. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise mate. In a one of game yeah of course we can probably beat them as it stands but over 38 games it's a different story. I'd say to look at Norwich if you want a reasonable idea of where we are right now.

We are not that bad mate.

Sunderland, West Brom and Palace are better teams than us.  You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise mate.  In a one of game yeah of course we can probably beat them as it stands but over 38 games it's a different story.  I'd say to look at Norwich if you want a reasonable idea of where we are right now.

We are not that bad mate.

We are bud.  I don't think we're as good as Bournemouth or Watford were last season.  I'm bloody sure Burnley aren't and yet we finished behind them.  I'm not even convinced we're better than we were last season, the league was just easier this season.  We've got a lot of work to do in the transfer window.  Gibson isn't going to get us here and sit around though, we're going to have a good go at it and do some real business this summer I'm sure of that.  By the time the season starts I think we'll be a much improved side.

Right now I think we'd struggle to make 17th to be honest, but I know that Gibson will give this his absolute best shot and back AK as far as possible so I think by the end of the summer we'll be well capable of 13th-16th

It'll be interesting to see if there's any teams that just outright *** the bed like Aston Villa and (to an extent) Newcastle this year.

You just can't plan for that.