oneBoro Forum

Season Tickets back on sale

2nd Comparison at the other end of the scale

West Stand Upper - Category A - Adult £39 (8 Games)

West Stand Upper - Category A - Adult £34 (11 Games)

That comes out at £686 for the season for all games. That is compared to £646 for the season ticket.. Again the same £40 difference.. or 1 and missed and you lose the incentive

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would still buy a season ticket if they were the same price as a walk up.

Guaranteed seat, no queuing for tickets. Priority tickets for away games / cup games etc

I'm not in it for the money really as long as it isn't more expensive ;)

I sadly can't afford the one off cost of a season ticket - or justify it as I know I will miss 1 or 2 games at least a season from this coming season being a student as of September. I wish I could. Shame the club don't do a student ticket -

But it means I am not being punished massively for not doing so - which pleases me.

It used to be though that there was a decent incentive for buying a season ticket with regards to saving compared to cost of walk up.

Well, I would still buy a season ticket if they were the same price as a walk up.

Guaranteed seat, no queuing for tickets. Priority tickets for away games / cup games etc

green_zpslwhvvts6.jpg

Many of us have to be much more cost-conscious.

Wonder how much of an influence the backlash over season card prices made to the club's thinking on match day prices. I was expecting a bigger differential tbh.

Yeah and it makes me wonder where next season's prices are heading, too. If the plan is to restore the differential between ST and walk-up costs it could go one of two ways, one of which is going to be very unpopular.

These prices aren't the problem, they're pretty competitive. It was the season ticket prices where they messed up this year.

Edit: That said, I hate the idea of categorised games. We're already in the richest league in the world, why try to squeeze an extra fiver out of people because they're seeing Wayne Rooney or Diego Costa?

green_zpslwhvvts6.jpg

I'm not well off by any stretch of the imagination. 

We are talking about season card vs walk up prices. I don't mind paying the same as I sign up for my piece of mind and to get priority access. I don't begrudge people who need to walk up paying the same price I did in the slightest. Obviously the cost saving is a bonus, but hey - its not the only reason you get a season card surely?

Maybe I wasn't quite so clear when I said "I'm not in it for the money really as long as it isn't more expensive ;)" - What I was saying is that as long as i'm not paying more than a walk up ticket i'm not bothered. 

Tickets are deffo too expensive and I get the whole being priced out thing for sure

As a long term season ticket holder in west upper, the discount I got on my st actually means I've saved almost £300! However I agree that although the walk up prices seem on the acceptable side of the going rate, the season ticket prices next will be where we fall down

green_zpslwhvvts6.jpg

I'm not well off by any stretch of the imagination. 

We are talking about season card vs walk up prices. I don't mind paying the same as I sign up for my piece of mind and to get priority access. I don't begrudge people who need to walk up paying the same price I did in the slightest. Obviously the cost saving is a bonus, but hey - its not the only reason you get a season card surely?

Maybe I wasn't quite so clear when I said "I'm not in it for the money really as long as it isn't more expensive ;)" - What I was saying is that as long as i'm not paying more than a walk up ticket i'm not bothered. 

Tickets are deffo too expensive and I get the whole being priced out thing for sure

Yes, the benefits that come with holding a season ticket are nice but the cost benefit of holding a season ticket used to be better. For some, it was better than the other benefits and for everyone it was better than it is now. ;)

I do understand what you're saying, though.

There's nothing acceptable about home fans having to pay more than away fans. The club are happy

to pay over the top prices and wages for journey men, but are unwilling to look after their own fans.