oneBoro Forum

Season Tickets back on sale

Genuine question, but I was under the impression that people had the opportunity to buy/renew their season-ticket during the early bird offer, which I understood to have been at the frozen price?

Is it not only the people who waited to see what league we were in/were unable to purchase at the time that have had to pay the increase?

Do you really think that argument applies to the fans discussing the issue on his forum?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my query was based on AR's comment that no one had the "opportunity to buy at 2010 prices, they didn't even have a chance to buy at 2015/16 prices".

This seemed fundamentally wrong to me, and unless I'm missing something it would appear that it was.

My mistake, just looked back through my purchasing history. This prices were frozen at relegation upto the 15/16 season when they were raised. The point still stands that no one had the opportunity to buy at 2010 prices as you said though.

Well my query was based on AR's comment that no one had the "opportunity to buy at 2010 prices, they didn't even have a chance to buy at 2015/16 prices".

This seemed fundamentally wrong to me, and unless I'm missing something it would appear that it was.

The option was available certainly, however there's people's personal/financial circumstances to take into consideration not just a straight up choice to wait and see our league before deciding.

My mistake, just looked back through my purchasing history. This prices were frozen at relegation upto the 15/16 season when they were raised. The point still stands that no one had the opportunity to buy at 2010 prices as you said though.

Fair enough mate. I actually missed that there was an increase in 15/16, I thought it had remained frozen throughout our time in the Championship.

One of my main issues with the big increase in season ticket price is the effect it will have on walk up tickets. Not everyone can afford season tickets (many circumstances) so they may only get to a couple of games a season.

Last season after the EB deadline, the cheapest adult season ticket was in the South at £461 which is equal to £20 and a tiny bit per game. Walk ups were £27, which is a 35% increase match by match compared to a season ticket (quite fair tbh).

If the same 35% increase happened this year, the cheapest adult walk up ticket in the stadium would be £40.50! This is a crazy amount for a football match to watch a team from a so called deprived area. I hope the club don't raise the walk ups by this much, and I hope they also see sense next year with reduced pricing all round, especially with the extra $$$ in the bank.

I mentioned it earlier, but walk ups going to be scattered around the ground so groups of people going to find it hard if they want to sit together, But that was the same during the Prem years when I went with a group from work.

Is it a given that the walk up prices will be increased by much, if anything at all? With all those season tickets sold it could be difficult to get a walk up ticket let alone seats next to each other, which is a "punishment" in itself. You don't have that issue with a season ticket. If you get what I mean.

What I don't understand is, why the booking system allows single seats to remain for themselves. Why does it allow users leave an open seat between themselves. Certainly you'd expect to sit next to other people, so the booking system could force people to choose seats next to others, in order to avoid all those single seats scattered thoughout the stands.

Quick ticketing question for this season....

I usually fly over once a year to watch a game or two live (last year I got Wembley, cracking piece of luck really). Are the season ticket sales looking like walk up sales are going to be at a premium? If so, is there a supporter style pass that can be bought to allow me to grab tickets easier and earlier? I don't want to fly 24 hours to watch the game at a pub!

Quick ticketing question for this season....

I usually fly over once a year to watch a game or two live (last year I got Wembley, cracking piece of luck really). Are the season ticket sales looking like walk up sales are going to be at a premium? If so, is there a supporter style pass that can be bought to allow me to grab tickets easier and earlier? I don't want to fly 24 hours to watch the game at a pub!

This will be a Boro Pride membership. I am an exile and get one every year as it means you get a chance of a ticket before they go on general sale.

^^^

You could get a Boro Pride card and buy in advance when tickets come up for sale. It'll be easier though to obtain tickets for unattractive opposition. As for premium matches it will be difficult.

Depending on Season ticket sales, with having to keep enuff tickets back for match day walk-ups, im not sure that we will see the Pride Card back this year, unless its packaged in such a way that it covers the needs of everyone.

it was introduced at £15 when season ticket sales were about 12k, this season we have sold 20k+ and id expect many of the people who were pride card holders have upgraded to season cards.

The pride card's big bonus was that for £15 you got £2 discount on match day prices and you got 1 day before general sale to get sought after match tickets both home and away, with our average sales both home and away this made sense economically.

This season Im not sure if away tickets will even reach the level where a pride card would be useful, the only benefit i can see would be to those wanting walk up tickets and getting a bit of a discount on the price.

Whether the club want to or not they are going to have to cater for walk up supporters and price it right too, or run the risk of alienating fans even more. I can see a lot of fans just saying balls to it, I'll watch it at the pub or computer.

Trapper, that boat has well and truly sailed with the new ST prices. Walk up prives have to be at least equal to the average cost of a ST otherwise whats the point in buying a ST?

Trapper, that boat has well and truly sailed with the new ST prices. Walk up prives have to be at least equal to the average cost of a ST otherwise whats the point in buying a ST?

Guaranteeing a seat or joint seats instead of scrambling for tickets that are only available in singles?