oneBoro Forum

Season Tickets back on sale

Looks like a massive own goal for the club, from heroes to zeros overnight. What the club need to remember is that every match in the Premier League is streamed and most pubs will be showing it too. Anyone that was hesitating over purchasing a season card has had their minds made up for them by what can only be described as stupidity by the club.

If it brings in more money (which they're predicting it will, otherwise they wouldn't price it like that) then it's the opposite of stupidity. Demand for tickets has increased, prices increase accordingly. The club offered tickets at championship prices for this coming season for those who committed early also.

You could get them cheaper, for those who chose not to who are now interested it's unfortunate. As you say anyone can watch them anywhere at high quality online now, so if you don't agree with the prices you can still watch every minute of every premier league game.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing but not surprising. Football isn't a well run industry and MFC aren't a well run business so poor decisions end up being made to make up for the even poorer decisions that have already been made. It's a shame that someone like Gibson who talks a good game regarding the area then allows the business to make decisions like this. Real shame.

Walk Ups will be interesting - Last season i paid £30 matchday price for North or South, compared to £17.26 per game for a season ticket. Thats just over 40% increase. Hope to god it's not in the same ball park, that would make a £42 matchday price, Birthday and Christmas it is then

I'lll be relying on my cousing season ticket number for away tickets then!! But i bet he'll be much more likely to go to Stamford Bridge rather than Griffin Park!

Looks like a massive own goal for the club, from heroes to zeros overnight. What the club need to remember is that every match in the Premier League is streamed and most pubs will be showing it too. Anyone that was hesitating over purchasing a season card has had their minds made up for them by what can only be described as stupidity by the club.

If it brings in more money (which they're predicting it will, otherwise they wouldn't price it like that) then it's the opposite of stupidity. Demand for tickets has increased, prices increase accordingly. The club offered tickets at championship prices for this coming season for those who committed early also.

You could get them cheaper, for those who chose not to who are now interested it's unfortunate. As you say anyone can watch them anywhere at high quality online now, so if you don't agree with the prices you can still watch every minute of every premier league game.

The club's making money all over the place, sponsorship, advertising and I might add saturated advertising with  that distracting electronic garbage running around the pitch, plus the big screen tv. All of this could be used to subsidise the supporter. Then you have Boro +, also the club are too mean to even allow a normal 01642 phone connection to the ground for people to buy tickets or even contact the club. So really the club do not have a valid reason for these increases especially with the new Sky revenue.

Disappointing but not surprising. Football isn't a well run industry and MFC aren't a well run business so poor decisions end up being made to make up for the even poorer decisions that have already been made. It's a shame that someone like Gibson who talks a good game regarding the area then allows the business to make decisions like this. Real shame.

Is it really that bad of a decision though? They were always going to be increased, otherwise there is no incentive for people to renew on the early bird scheme. The amount they have increased is more than I thought it would be, and that is a bit surprising but there were really a lot of reminders about the early bird scheme and warnings that prices would go up.

The club's making money all over the place, sponsorship, advertising and I might add saturated advertising with  that distracting electronic garbage running around the pitch, plus the big screen tv. All of this could be used to subsidise the supporter. Then you have Boro +, also the club are too mean to even allow a normal 01642 phone connection to the ground for people to buy tickets or even contact the club. So really the club do not have a valid reason for these increases especially with the new Sky revenue.

We have to make significant investments to be sure of Premier League survival. I don't think we can call this a good or a bad move by the club until we see the weekly attendances coming through and until we see next season's accounts.

FWIW I'm 100% with you if we get poor attendances and publish significant profits.

Is it really that bad of a decision though? They were always going to be increased, otherwise there is no incentive for people to renew on the early bird scheme. The amount they have increased is more than I thought it would be, and that is a bit surprising but there were really a lot of reminders about the early bird scheme and warnings that prices would go up.

Nobody's disputing the price increase its just the amount it's gone up by which is disappointing.

It is at the very least surprising, particularly considering the impact a full house has had on our games over the last couple of seasons, off the top of my head last season I think Forest (3-0) and Brentford (3-0) and the Brighton game which was a dead rubber. This season Derby (2-0) and the Brighton game where the atmosphere, even mentioned Brighton fans and Holloway, was electric and no doubt had a massive influence on those games, it seems as though an opportunity to capitalise on that and continue the benefit going into the prem has been missed.

The club will probably have hired some advisers to calculate the prices which will maximise revenue. I think that's ok in theory but football isn't a clinical business so I do think they've missed a trick with these prices. It may well make us a bit more money than having bigger crowds paying less would have done but as people have said this will directly impact on the atmosphere and the general feel good factor around the club.

I also think that any extra revenue we make is almost irrelevant in the scheme of things when you look at how much we will get from TV rights.

It is at the very least surprising, particularly considering the impact a full house has had on our games over the last couple of seasons, off the top of my head last season I think Forest (3-0) and Brentford (3-0) and the Brighton game which was a dead rubber. This season Derby (2-0) and the Brighton game where the atmosphere, even mentioned Brighton fans and Holloway, was electric and no doubt had a massive influence on those games, it seems as though an opportunity to capitalise on that and continue the benefit going into the prem has been missed.

They probably think they can get near enough full capacity with these new prices and I do think they can in this first novelty season in The Premier League. Whether this is sustainable is debatable and the club are really gouging the supporters on this one imo. 

All this BS from the club about it being a deprived area and we love you so much and need you. Disgusting.

Can you reserve a seat from the "Save your Seat" pool? There's a lot of red blocks and I very much doubt they've all sold out. Just not too keen with the seats that are currently available.

They probably think they can get near enough full capacity with these new prices and I do think they can in this first novelty season in The Premier League. Whether this is sustainable is debatable and the club are really gouging the supporters on this one imo. 

All this BS from the club about it being a deprived area and we love you so much and need you. Disgusting.

Ye obviously they forecast all this kind of thing, I think this season we had around 15k season ticket holders and averaged over 24k, so on the basis of just shy of 10k walk-ups in the championship, they probably think that with 18k season tickets sold for this season we're going to be around 30k for each game which will suit them.

But like you said, was there any need to flog the whole community togetherness rhetoric so much in the run-in, using it to build up the aura around the team, then come out with this a couple of weeks later?

Not surprising the increase, agree that it is too steep mind. However, for everyone moaning, why didn't you purchase it before the season ended when they had the discount on?

Not surprising the increase, agree that it is too steep mind. However, for everyone moaning, why didn't you purchase it before the season ended when they had the discount on?

I renewed mine weeks ago at £397.