oneBoro Forum

Season Tickets back on sale

Unfortunately i'm not in a position to be able to pay out large sums of money for a football ticket having just bought a new house and living away from the area. So i'm a little disappointed when the club increases prices to a level that means i won't be able to attend as often as last season because walk up prices aren't going to be cheaper than a season ticket. If that makes me a "precious little flower" then yes i suppose i am.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The club extended the early bird deadline so people wouldn't be affected by this, if you waited to see what division we would be in before committing then you really can't be that fussed about following the team

Not a very helpful comment. You don't know what people's personal circumstances are, nor do you care by the sound of it.

I wonder how many of the people supporting the price hike are kids with no commitments?

I have 3 kids a house a car work 7 days a week more than not but following Boro is my main passion I don't do fishing golf or smoke go out drinking much so it's what I save my money up for. My wife wants holidays so aslong as she gets one a year she's happy. I wonder how many people complaining will smoke, drink go out every weekend spend there money on other things which is fair enough no one can tell anyone how to live or spend their money but that's why you prioritise if following Boro was your thing then there isn't a complaint. I feel for people who will miss out but your telling me then when it comes to it they won't go because they can't afford it or because they will spend their money somewhere else?

Do you really think the club would take any notice AR?

I wonder how many of the people supporting the price hike are kids with no commitments?

I have 3 kids a house a car work 7 days a week more than not but following Boro is my main passion I don't do fishing golf or smoke go out drinking much so it's what I save my money up for. My wife wants holidays so aslong as she gets one a year she's happy. I wonder how many people complaining will smoke, drink go out every weekend spend there money on other things which is fair enough no one can tell anyone how to live or spend their money but that's why you prioritise if following Boro was your thing then there isn't a complaint. I feel for people who will miss out but your telling me then when it comes to it they won't go because they can't afford it or because they will spend their money somewhere else?

That's great Eli. Boro are my passion. I don't smoke or go out every weekend but i admit i can't and won't prioritise Boro to the level that you do. I never meant the post to be a super fan rant but you're a bigger fan than i am if you go to that extent to follow your club. My family comes first :)

No kids here but I'm a full time student with a part time job, my loans don't even come close to covering rent and living expenses so I work to make up the difference. At the end of every month if I have any money left it goes into the season ticket fund, like you I don't go out drinking/clubbing/to restaurants and don't smoke, usually I make enough spare over the year to afford a season ticket. Pretty much every penny of my disposable income goes towards following Boro, so please don't try and write off my opinion as just some kid with no commitments.

The club extended the early bird deadline so people wouldn't be affected by this, if you waited to see what division we would be in before committing then you really can't be that fussed about following the team

Not a very helpful comment. You don't know what people's personal circumstances are, nor do you care by the sound of it.

Read that bit - not a post targeted at people whose personal circumstances affected a purchase in the early bird period, but at people who wouldn't commit to an ST without PL football guaranteed.

Read that bit - not a post targeted at people whose personal circumstances affected a purchase in the early bird period, but at people who wouldn't commit to an ST without PL football guaranteed.

Yeah, some couldn't pick them up at the early-bird price deadline and I get that from what Trapper is saying but James is right, some will have decided based on PL or not and unfortunately waiting too long has cost those people.

Looks like a massive own goal for the club, from heroes to zeros overnight. What the club need to remember is that every match in the Premier League is streamed and most pubs will be showing it too. Anyone that was hesitating over purchasing a season card has had their minds made up for them by what can only be described as stupidity by the club.

Agreed 100%

Agreed 100%

It would of been great to have a full Riverside all season but with those prices there's no chance.. Wasted opportunity.

Every game will be on TV/Internet at home/In the pub so once the novelty of the premier league has worn off, Those without season tickets will be watching it at home or in the pub, I reckon thousands if those would of bought a season ticket if it wasn't a blatant rip off.

Appalling decision from the club.

That's great Eli. Boro are my passion. I don't smoke or go out every weekend but i admit i can't and won't prioritise Boro to the level that you do. I never meant the post to be a super fan rant but you're a bigger fan than i am if you go to that extent to follow your club. My family comes first :)

Likely they wouldn't, but with social media and the various supporters groups these days, the fans do seem to have much more effective ways of organising mass messages. Even if it doesn't succeed in the short terms, these kind of things can be effective long term. Out of interest would anyone here sign if we made one?

My family comes first like I said I have 3 kids 1 does gymnastics the other football they are always the priority clothes toys birthdays Christmas as is the house and the car food and the bills only spare money gets used but instead of buying fags or cans or going down the club I put it away for my season ticket isn't this what anyone buying something does? and I'm no super fan nor do I claim any fan is any less or more of a supporter but with my hard earned money that's left I choose to use it on supporting Boro, is that a bad thing should I take up other things so I can't afford it and then can complain about the prices aswell? many away games I haven't been able to go to because I can't afford it if I could I would go to every game as I imagine most would but I do go to the games I can afford because that's what I choose to spend my money on after everything else is paid. No ones saying you have to choose Boro over your family or even not pay the bills like I've said your not forced to go and how you spend your money is up to you same for anyone but if you did want to go to games regardless of the price you would save? Everyone's circumstances are different and I'm not trying to judge or criticise anyone I'm just giving my opinion I'm no superior and my opinion doesn't even matter but this is a Boro forum where we come to air our opinions isn't it? Is there anyone who is really going to they were going if it's was £450 or £500 but isn't becaus it's £570? £170 more to watch your team in the premier league is it a lot I'm not in a position to say it is or it isn't but their was the chance to pay the same as everyone else and the walk up prices I hope are not to steep but a lot of games last season where £27 -£29 for an adult which is way to much but if they went to £34 - £38 for prem games its more than expected

The issue isn't whether people can or can't afford it. The issue is what message it sends from the club. The area is hardly thriving at the moment and the amount of money the sales at these prices would bring into the club really isn't significant. They could price them at £100 cheaper than they have and even if 10,000 people were to buy them then they'd have only lost out on £1m of revenue and of course that doesn't factor in the possibility of more people buying them and reducing the shortfall. That's less than a de Pena, it's less than we've been spent on a non playing Rhys Williams, it's less than we'll spend on certain players wages this season. There's really no argument at all to be made that this club's ticket prices shouldn't be right at the bottom end of the Premier League scale. If we establish ourselves and they want to nudge prices up then fair enough that's their call but not immediately and even then they should always be one of the cheapest in the league because we live in one of the poorest areas of the country.

I don't really know what to say about the actual price hike, I'm not a current ST holder so I can't speak for those who are or those who were considering it. Essentially, I'm not really picking a side here, just putting forward some points.

Gibson has kept the prices down as much as possible over the past few years but I doubt we're alone in increasing home ticket prices because of the away ticket cap. It's a double-edged sword forcing through that idea which I imagine not many people really thought about from the point of view of the home supporter who can't get to away games.

Remember, Gibson came out and said the money we got was to improve the stadium to get it to a Premier League standard and the rest would be put into the transfer kitty to give us a chance of bringing in great talent and give us a Premier League squad, something along those lines anyway. That would surely mean that none of the money that was essentially received from promotion will go back into supporters pockets. It's a massive shame but can we really disagree with that if we want to retain our PL status?

There's also however many people did pay the early-bird price. If lots of people bought the early-bird ticket price, that would surely affect how they would price the tickets for next season and force them to raise the price even higher than planned to gain the income they wanted from season tickets?

Just food for thought, I do feel for the lot of you who do have to pay £570 minimum. Very sympathetic to those who have to choose to spend elsewhere but I'm always grateful to those of you who can do it and try and fill out the stadium.

Gibson also kept this club afloat after relegation with out his monthly input do you really think we would be a premier league club? We'd be lucky to still be a championship club. I totally agree the prices are too high season tickets could be £100 a year and it wouldn't really affect the club especially with the new revenue deal but the fact is that's the prices that the commercial people have decided I have no doubt they will have debated and looked at all possibilitys as Wilson has said they may have been forced to with the amount of tickets left. I feel for people especially the walk ups who will get stung the most no doubt but people are only so bothered because we're in the prem. Wembley was £70 if I remember for one game people where quick to buy them. I'm not defending he club in no way at all we do live in one of the poorest areas and the club has always tried to pride it's self on being about the community and it's shot it's self in the foot I disagree completely with the prices but i also disagree with people wanting to slate the club because now we're in the prem they want to come along and pay nothing. When the chance was the there to watch prem football for less than £400 I'm not trying to argue or upset anyone it just baffles me how people's mentality works