• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think buying Championship players is a good idea if we want to stay up. Having said that, I'd take any of these; Lewis Dunk, Anthony Knockaert, Alan Judge and Moussa Dembele.

I think Steve, AK and the scouting network will provide us with a few surprises, most of which I won't have heard of. When I looked around at who I'd like us to bring in I discovered I was probably guilty of playing fantasy football and blowing my budget on a few players, for instances

Kieran Trippier of Spurs at right-back

Jose Giminez of Atletico Madrid at centre-back

Ruben Neves of Porto at centre-midfield

For the right-wing slot I thought of Andros Townsend, Theo Walcott or Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

No 10 should be Gaston on a permanent, and maybe someone like Pritchard on loan as competition

Mauro Icardi of Inter as The Striker, and I'd definitely bring in Dembele of Fulham and let Nugent go - it didn't do Leicester any harm.

So there you have it, I've proved I can't manage teams on a budget, have no concept of whether players from top clubs are likely to join newly promoted teams and am completely ignorant of lesser known players outside the BBC gossip.

So I think I'll leave it to AK and his team and look forward to the summer.

Neves, Giminez, Icardi, Trippier? Never mind you not managing a budget, not managing expectations more like :D

I'm a little out of touch with regards to up and coming foreign stars. Haven't played FM or watched much of other leagues for a few years. But I would love us to inject some lightning pace into our side. Seems a age since we've had a proper flyer in our team, even to come off the bench. I know we had wildschut but he was barely a footballer.

Don't think Townsend would be a good fit for us but I would definitely take Janmat (excuse the spelling) as RB as I think he would be a decent signing for us

For me, these are the players I would be happy signing from the potentially relegated sides. Trying to keep it realistic so I've left some players out like Grealish who will be loyal to Villa.

Starting off with Villa, Scott Sinclair and Veretout could potentially be cost effective recruits. Neither cost Villa too much so they might be happy to flip them for small amounts. Sinclair is a very inconsistent player, but obviously can be unbelieveable on his day. Veretout was being chased by Leicester when Villa signed him and I understandably trust their recruitment process. Difficult to find a perfect recruit from Villa for obvious reasons. I wouldn't be too surprised if Sinclair stayed at Villa, he was happy signing for them and it would give him a chance to play well most weeks again. Carles Gil could be an option for backup/alternative to Gaston, but similarly to Sinclair he only has his day every so often.

Norwich's squad is very much filled with Championship players. If we could forgive the playoff heartbreak then maybe Redmond could be exciting, he might be a bit costly though.

Newcastle, in contrast to Norwich, seem to have a lot of very talented players that unfortunately for them are mercenaries. Maybe we'd let Colback complete a tour of the NE clubs as he's a reasonably solid player.

I would probably only take Defoe from Sunderland, but I don't think they will go down anyway.

It's quite slim pickings to be honest, I think each club has players way above our level but none of them are motivated enough to fight for their current team so why should we bother signing them? I would be more tempted to try some of Villa's diamonds in the rough than players from our North East neighbours.

Said it before and I'll carry on saying it... If the price was right I'd have Wahbi Khazri from Sunderland. Not sure what they paid and he only joined them in January but I think he'd excel in our team at #10.

Plus, his name is such fun to say

Said it before and I'll carry on saying it... If the price was right I'd have Wahbi Khazri from Sunderland. Not sure what they paid and he only joined them in January but I think he'd excel in our team at #10.

I'd love him, think he's a very talented player. Unfortunately Sunderland are almost definitely staying up now.

Which players will cut it in the PL.

Ayala

Gibson

Clayton

Adomah and possibly Friend.

Rhodes is never a premiership striker (streak striker or not)

But in an ideal world I would like to see them all given the chance.

I'd love him, think he's a very talented player. Unfortunately Sunderland are almost definitely staying up now.

If we were to get anyone from Sunderland it would have to be Defoe. 15 goals for a team fighting relegation, but as you say think they're almost safe now.

I honestly can't wait for the transfer window to open, the calibre of players we could possibly attract with our new scouting network and our links with the likes of Atletico Madrid, Roma, and Real Madrid is making me wet myself.

Tim Krul would be my no 1 target from the relegation threatened teams.

Keko has a €10 m euro release fee in his contract and would be a great signing for us. Think he's on the move to Seville though.

Nacho Camacho would be perfect for our midfield 2.

Tim Krul would be my no 1 target from the relegation threatened teams.

I mentioned Tim Krul whilst we were discussing it in the Nav after the game yesterday but was laughed off. Think he would be available at a snip given the emergence of Darlow and them needing to cut wages. Very good keeper

Newcastle - Krul/Janmaat/Wijnaldum/Perez

Norwich - Jerome/Redmond (is it them that have Leroy Fer on loan as well?)

Villa - Lol.

If we were to get anyone from Sunderland it would have to be Defoe. 15 goals for a team fighting relegation, but as you say think they're almost safe now.

I honestly can't wait for the transfer window to open, the calibre of players we could possibly attract with our new scouting network and our links with the likes of Atletico Madrid, Roma, and Real Madrid is making me wet myself.

Defoe turns 34 at the start of October, he's a geriatric in footballing years