oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

After the game I was talking to my uncle and we both quickly realised that it's always going to be a 4-2-3-1 so you need players that are suited to that.

First we need an out and out number 10 and that has to be gaston.

Think the defence needs some back up. Not sure who but I've seen Arbelloa mentioned and that would be a cracking singing or maybe he'll go back in for Juanfran again... Who know but there aren't any English players that excite me that we could get.

I feel another CDM is needed, critical position on the pitch and I personally would prefer someone with PL experience in that position.

We do need another Striker. let's face it Nugent, great for us this season, but hasn't scored bucket loads and same goes with his time at Leicester in the top flight. I do feel Rhodes will score the goals but the more options the better.

I think with the system we play with it has been clear that we lack a bit of width and pace about us at times in the final third. You look at all the successful teams that play 4231 and they have blistering pace. I doubt we'd have a chance as he seems to be playing for them but maybe a player like Jese would suit us to the T.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can imagine one of the relegated clubs of Villa, Norwich or Newcastle coming in for Nugent. They'll no doubt target proven Championship strikers and Nugent's name will be towards the top of that list. He isn't exactly irreplaceable to us so we might get tempted to sell him on a similar deal to what we bought him from Leicester for.

I can imagine one of the relegated clubs of Villa, Norwich or Newcastle coming in for Nugent. They'll no doubt target proven Championship strikers and Nugent's name will be towards the top of that list. He isn't exactly irreplaceable to us so we might get tempted to sell him on a similar deal to what we bought him from Leicester for.

I tend to think that Nugent might well attract interest too - and if he does, then his is the slot where Bamford could come in. I still think we would then be looking for another striker too, so it's three to fight out at the sharp end.

If we're going to stabilise ourselves in the Premier League then we'll need to make the right business decisions - selling Nugent may well be one of them. I think he will be largely used next season as an impact substitute as he isn't the most technical of strikers. Throughout the best part of his career he has been at the level between a good Championship striker but not quite good enough to make it in the Premier League. He'll be on a sizeable wage too which could be used more wisely by us. I'd hazard a guess at somewhere between £35,000 to £40,000 a week after promotion. We're surely going to be looking to sign a high quality striker, or even two, so selling Nugent wouldn't just help raise funds but it would also make room in the squad.

Found a player linked with us in Spain this morning, Cheryshev from Real Madrid. Article says us and Watford are interested I do know he came close to joining Watford I think it was last January so if their interest is genuine and proven recently are we to assume ours is as well?

Would definitely be an upgrade on our wide area if the link proves to be true, it at least appears to be the first solid rumour and if he's the calibre of player we'll be going after/linked with... I'm ok with that.

http://www.nostresport.com/futbol/item/39668-al-watford-y-al-boro-tambien-les-gusta-cheryshev/39668-al-watford-y-al-boro-tambien-les-gusta-cheryshev.html

Gueye is growing on me a bit. Could be just the sort of player we need. We could definitely play hardball with any players from the relegated teams. If they paid 6 million for him they ain't getting half that back.

That Russian dude would be cracking signing for our lw slot. Plays a bit like downing 10 years ago.

Ok so seeing as we are talking about the relegated sides lets talk about about Idrissa Gueye. Who? some some of you may ask and why? The rest ask when they realise he plays for Villa. He's kind of gone unnoticed by most, I think it's partly due to the fact he's not a known face, he's arrived a***st a few unknown faces for Villa so he kind of just blended into the crap and also due to the fact he has 'Gana' on the back of his shirt instead of his actual name. But for me he done very well in an absolute shower of a side. He plays as a defensive central midfielder who can drive forward. Everyone is looking for a Kante, I think he could be, albeit a poor mans version, under their noses.

Key stats

Gueye averages 4.2 tackles per game, only Kante in the entire premier league averages more (4.6), In fact these are the best two in the whole of Europes top leagues.

Gueye averages 4.2 interceptions per game, only Kante in the entire premier league averages more (4.2), These two are the 4th and 5th best in the whole of Europe

Gueye averages 2 dribbles per game, Kante completes 1.3

They both complete the same amount of key passes per game 0.8

Gueye has a better pass completion than Kante, 85.5% compared to Kante's 81.6%

He also completes more passes, 53.1 vs Kante's 38.4

And completes more long balls per game 2.7 vs 1.8

Kante is dribbled past 1.5 times per game, Gueye is only dribbled past 0.9 times per game

Stats source - https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80464

Gueye's dominating performance v Chelsea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5-awBukaN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS5rbHx8Cfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0qkkOiObpw

Gueye is only 1 year older than Kante, cost villa just over 6 mill. Just offer villa that for him.

This makes me want him. Can't argue with his stats, although I haven't seen him play this season. The Villa owner will want to cut his losses on most players and make sure to downsize quickly to lose as little money as possible. And if his wages has been reduced after relegation it should be easy to agree a contract with him. Sign him up :P

Tom Carroll is out of contract at Spurs. Worth bringing in as competition for the CM places? Had some shining games this season, 23, and has quite a bit of PL football under his belt.

There's areas of the pitch far more pressing, though.

Out of interest - would anyone take Loic Remy? I wouldn't mind him.

Is he still at Chelsea? Not seen him in a while. Was just thinking Stoke have some very good attacking players we could take a look at but possibly out of our reach at this moment in time.

Out of interest - would anyone take Loic Remy? I wouldn't mind him.

Is he still at Chelsea? Not seen him in a while. Was just thinking Stoke have some very good attacking players we could take a look at but possibly out of our reach at this moment in time.

No. 8 Premier League goals in the last two seasons. He will command a sizeable fee and huge wages that I think could be spent better. But then again who knows what Chelsea and the player would want but I think he is on something like 80k and will probably want that matched.