oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Another player from La Liga we could possibly look at is Jonathan Viera, plays in any of the 3 positions behind the striker, but mainly from the left. 10 goals and 9 assists this season for Las Palmas. Only 26 aswell so plenty of time on his side.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've found our adomah clone for the other wing.

Isaac Success, 20 years old pacey dribbler, he moves a bit like albert to. the kid is playing for grenada and due to the fact he has a cool name i think we should sign him. oh he looks like a decent player to, bonus :)

2015/16 highlights for mr success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEsXWSRm4U0

Another player from La Liga we could possibly look at is Jonathan Viera, plays in any of the 3 positions behind the striker, but mainly from the left. 10 goals and 9 assists this season for Las Palmas. Only 26 aswell so plenty of time on his side.

i was just looking at him, i reckon hes to slow for over here looking at his highlights. perfect player for us though i agree. isaac success is the man to get. loved watchinging him, hes proper raw talent.

Flamini would be a great signing for a team like ours, need someone with alot of premier league experience in that team, at 32 he certainly has a few years left in him.

TBH the Mirror have linked us with pretty much every free agent in the last 2 weeks, wouldnt take much notice of that story

Would anyone take Mason from Spurs, out of contract in the summer and he has looked pretty decent in the few times he has played this season

i've found our adomah clone for the other wing.

Isaac Success, 20 years old pacey dribbler, he moves a bit like albert to. the kid is playing for grenada and due to the fact he has a cool name i think we should sign him. oh he looks like a decent player to, bonus :)

2015/16 highlights for mr success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEsXWSRm4U0

As long as we don´t end with the keeper 1:23 into the video I´ll be happy!

Some players from the Championship I wouldn't mind us signing:

Kayal

Knockeart

Dunk

Will Hughes

Abel Hernandez (if Hull don't get promotion)

i was just looking at him, i reckon hes to slow for over here looking at his highlights. perfect player for us though i agree. isaac success is the man to get. loved watchinging him, hes proper raw talent.

Im not so sure about being too slow, agreed he doesn't look too fast flat out, but his first few yards look rapid and that's all you need sometimes. Success looks alot quicker and more direct but he has got a bit of headless chicken about him, would definitely need some guidance as he's only young. I personally think we'll go back in for Matty Phillips but its exciting to be able to look at top players from top leagues again.

The prices that players will cost this window is going to be even more inflated than normal. In January there were some crazy prices for merely decent players like Naismith(£8.5 million), Grabban(£8 million), Shelvey(£12 million) etc so I think we're going to be shocked at how much players from Premier League clubs are going to cost. Some of the prices speculated that Bamford would cost(like £4 million) were very optimistically low compared to the reality of what he will cost. As a benchmark Rhodes cost £11 million and I'd rate Bamford as a far better player, however, he's far less proven. Even Championship players are going to cost a decent amount, well, unless they've got a year left and the club need to cash out on them as they don't want to risk losing them on a free. Newcastle and Villa getting relegated to the Championship will only drive prices up in that division too. The potential free transfers of Flamini, Morrison, Ramirez etc would come with big wages but they'd still work out at far better value for money than other deals. I doubt that we'll be able to afford proven Premier League quality for every position as the prices are really inflated, so we'll probably have to try to find a couple of shrewd good quality signings from abroad that can adapt straightaway or sign a relatively young player that hasn't proven themselves in the Premier League yet but that can make the step up with us.

But the inflated prices of our decent to good Championship proven players like Nugent, Adomah and Dimi will mean that the prices that we could receive through sale will also be inflated so that could offset some of it. Reach and Husband will probably leave on loan again as it wouldn't be sensible to sell them this summer as their values will be likely to increase after a season out on loan again. And the sorts of Carayol and Baptiste will be likely leave for low fees to one of the useless Championship clubs like Nottingham Forest.

Love the look of that naby keita somebody mentioned a couple days back, it's that type of player I've felt we've needed for ages now. Quick and direct from centre midfield.

I dont think we can consider the prices paid by clubs for players in January as realistic due to panic buys and selling clubs knowing that buying clubs are either buying to beat relegation or to help with a promotion push. i find in the closed season transfer period its more like International tournaments that bump players prices up. Boro always seem to be a club that pays over the odds for players but let our players go for next to nothing. If the likes of Downing,Johnson,Wheater, Morrision and Steale all came from Utd's or Liverpools academy they would of fetched at least another 5M+ ontop of there transfer fee.

In the time AK has been here i dont think the club has ever been held to ransom on either a fee paid or salary... Look at the Rhodes saga.

again i dont think we will be in the top 10 spenders this pre season either, but if possible business such as Ramirez and Morrison is pulled off, it would give us elbow room to compete for a few other signings that will cost a little more.

Jay Rodriguez would be perfect for our LW position. He's not going to get much game time at Southampton out wide or up top with Tadic, Mane, Austin and Pelle all vying for those positions. Aye, he's just comr back this season from a horrific injury, but the lad is still a damn good player.

Shane Long would be a great acquisition, too. Both would likely command considerable Premiership interest, though.

Would anyone take Mason from Spurs, out of contract in the summer and he has looked pretty decent in the few times he has played this season

Mason signed a new deal last year - I think it's Tom Caroll you mean?