• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vermeer was very good in Ajax. But then again, it doesns't say thaaaaaaaaaaat much being a goalkeeper for the biggest team in the Netherlands. He was hyped for saving 123123123 penalties at some point. Also, apparently Van Gaal loved the fella but left him out of the World Cup squad anyway because why not.

Source: My former roommate was a die-hard Ajax fan.

In the light of what Gibbo said in his end of season letter thats on the boro website....

Do you think there is any chance we would be bringing back Lee Cattermole?

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-steve-gibson-premier-league-3112155.aspx

I did wonder this. I doubt there is a place for him, especially if Morrison is being targetted.

In the light of what Gibbo said in his end of season letter thats on the boro website....

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-steve-gibson-premier-league-3112155.aspx

I did wonder this. I doubt there is a place for him, especially if Morrison is being targetted.

He's an upgrade on Leadbitter.

I'm not sure what leadbitter has to do to prove his worth. Watching him week in, week out, his ball retention is fantastic, his passing range is much better than Claytons, he's a tough tackler and he chips in with goals (albeit mostly from the penalty spot). Something even more valuable is his attitude to the game and the club.

Perhaps on his day cattermole can put in the odd heroic performance, but he has never been anything like as consistently good as leadbitter.

I can't see us bringing Cattermole back but Morrison probably will. Which I would say is the better bit of business. Sunderland fans have moaned about Cattermole for the best part of 2 years and say he only turns up in the last few games of the season.

Lee certainly ticks a lot of boxes. Extensive Prem experience and he knows what it's like to be in a relegation dogfight. Furthermore he could slot straight into one of our two deep lying midfield slots. However I wouldn't want him back. Too much of a liability due to his bad temper and the way he is easily wound up. And I doubt Sam is willing to let him go for anything but a sizable fee.

I just think that Gibbo mentioning Cattermole in that interview has more to do with the whole situation we found ourselves in rather than the actual player. We sold the wrong players and Gibbo used Cattermole as an example. Can't see him coming back.

I'm not sure what leadbitter has to do to prove his worth. Watching him week in, week out, his ball retention is fantastic, his passing range is much better than Claytons, he's a tough tackler and he chips in with goals (albeit mostly from the penalty spot). Something even more valuable is his attitude to the game and the club.

Perhaps on his day cattermole can put in the odd heroic performance, but he has never been anything like as consistently good as leadbitter.

Amen to that. We may find out that Leadbitter is out of depth in the Prem but so far we don't know - like all our players except downing. He has been consistently good under Karanka, he's never injured and the other players seem to like him as the captain. He deserves to stake his claim for a spot next season.