oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

With the Vermeer link, Karanka was in Holland on Saturday looking at a player.

How do you know this?

Lurker is somewhat ITK, if I recall correctly.

(Some people believe him to be Anthony Vickers.)

I'm not ITK or AV, I get bits of info. From different people all with links to the club. 

Anything I pass on is 2nd hand info. 

I was told he was in Holland to see a CB, could be to do a deal. 

Then with the Vermeer link I was putting 2 & 2 together

Timo Letscher would fit the moneyball style signings we've made.

I was just looking at him on transfermarkt.  Don't know anything about him but him and Haller stood out from Utrecht's squad as possibles purely due to their ages and values.

I couldn't really see any possibles in the Zwolle, Heracles and Groningen squads

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the Morrison one is a done deal nearly.  a few people have mentioned about it now.  Lurker will ramirez sign on?

No idea, hope so though.

Moneyball signings? Like who? Jordan Rhodes?

Haroun/Wildschut/CDP/De Sart you could make an argument they were signed with a view to having high potential and high sale value in the future. I distinctly remember Haroun being mentioned as someone the club hoped to sell for mills but I can't remember for the life of me where I heard it (could well have been some hearsay on here!)

Can't say our moneyball signings thus far have been the greatest success :D

Haroun/Wildschut/CDP/De Sart you could make an argument they were signed with a view to having high potential and high sale value in the future. I distinctly remember Haroun being mentioned as someone the club hoped to sell for mills but I can't remember for the life of me where I heard it (could well have been some hearsay on here!)

We made a profit on Wildschut though IIRC, which is a success in itself IMO!

We made a profit on Wildschut though IIRC, which is a success in itself IMO!

Haha true! We had no right to be making money on him though with how his boro career went :P

Granted it's league 1, but his 10 goals and 17 assists is certainly not to be sniffed at!

I read quite a while ago someone linking us to Sven Van Beek (CB for Feyenoord) on Twitter, in January I think it was.

A suggestions of CM/CDM's...How about.... Ward-Prowse, Huddlestone, Howson, Livermore, Flamini (already linked), Besic, Anita, Sidwell, Colback.

All have Premier League experience.

Ward-Prowse has just signed a new contract with Southampton

i've found our man, this young lad is the top tackler in eredivisie this season and has an 85% pass success.

strengths- passing, tackling, concentration, dribbling on who scored, full page in the link:-

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/243249

he also has an absolute belter of a name, 'Marvelous Nakamba'. on FM i'd sign him just for the cool name. get him and Isaac Success and we'd be set. :)

i've found our man, this young lad is the top tackler in eredivisie this season and has an 85% pass success.

strengths- passing, tackling, concentration, dribbling on who scored, full page in the link:-

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/243249

he also has an absolute belter of a name, 'Marvelous Nakamba'. on FM i'd sign him just for the cool name. get him and Isaac Success and we'd be set. :)

We should go for a best names 11.

Do a raid on Dortmund and Leverkusen and we could have a pair of Benders in our midfield :D