oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

i've heard it all now, we buy our best academy player back for 5/7 million last season. the unwashed are quoting almost double that for cattermole they are deluded if they think we'd want to bring him back. the only ex player gibson wants back is morrison, hes on a free and twice the player cattermole ever was.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've heard it all now, we buy our best academy player back for 5/7 million last season. the unwashed are quoting almost double that for cattermole they are deluded if they think we'd want to bring him back. the only ex player gibson wants back is morrison, hes on a free and twice the player cattermole ever was.

Given his last few interviews with the gazette I'm pretty confident Gibson would bring Cattermole back if he had the chance.

Still think Gibson only used Cattermole as an example of our wrong transfer strategy at the time and how we have learned from that at will avoid it in the future. I don't think it's because he wants him back now. Unless of course they have some sort of speciel relationship which is plausible considering they are both local lads.

I don't think we should of sold Cattermole or Morrison when we did but I wouldn't sign either one back now. Like uptheboro I'm not a fan of signing players who used to play for us with, And again like uptheboro said, With Downing being an exception because I expected him to be excellent in the championship but he was disappointing IMO.

We are back in the premier league & have new staff on the scouting team like Victor Orta, If the best we can do is Catamole & Morrison then I will be very disappointed.

There's a whole pool of talent out there, We have money now, So hopefully we show ambition & our scouting team do their jobs brilliantly & help us sign some great players.

Still think Gibson only used Cattermole as an example of our wrong transfer strategy at the time and how we have learned from that at will avoid it in the future. I don't think it's because he wants him back now. Unless of course they have some sort of speciel relationship which is plausible considering they are both local lads.

Agreed.

I never read it as he wanted to sign him again, Like you said he was just pointing out what we got wrong.

We will be able to sign better players than cattermole.. Not sure who but we will do.

Bringing Morisson back isn't a question about whether it's the best we can do. It's a question about getting the balance of squad right and bringing in players wiith the right mindset. Morisson has had a fantastic career in the Prem and has loads of experience. He has got his head screwed on correctly. That is the kind of player we need 1-2 of. Someone who can steady the ship when the going gets tough. Someone who knows the league and what it takes to make it. Morisson is only turning 30 so he has plenty of time left. He's been captain at WBA and they want to extend his contract. That says a lot to me. Experience like that can cost a lot of money, but he is on a free. Would be a fantastic addition to the foreign imports that will no doubt come too.

Bringing Morisson back isn't a question about whether it's the best we can do. It's a question about getting the balance of squad right and bringing in players wiith the right mindset. Morisson has had a fantastic career in the Prem and has loads of experience. He has got his head screwed on correctly. That is the kind of player we need 1-2 of. Someone who can steady the ship when the going gets tough. Someone who knows the league and what it takes to make it. Morisson is only turning 30 so he has plenty of time left. He's been captain at WBA and they want to extend his contract. That says a lot to me. Experience like that can cost a lot of money, but he is on a free. Would be a fantastic addition to the foreign imports that will no doubt come too.

Totally agree, would be a great squad signing

Agreed.

I never read it as he wanted to sign him again, Like you said he was just pointing out what we got wrong.

We will be able to sign better players than cattermole.. Not sure who but we will do.

the unwashed did for 750k in the form of jan kirchhoff. we did the same thing for 2 mill and miles lower wages. clayton is a better player than cattermole. might argue about the leagues they've played in but its still true and adam will show it this coming season.

Agreed.

the unwashed did for 750k in the form of jan kirchhoff. we did the same thing for 2 mill and miles lower wages. clayton is a better player than cattermole. might argue about the leagues they've played in but its still true and adam will show it this coming season.

As you say yourself we don't know if Clayton is better. Cattermole has played almost 10 years in the Prem now, and that is something Clayton can only dream about at the moment. And I disagree that Kirchoff is a better player than Cattermole :angel:

Agreed.

Spot on DK.

I think Clayton will be brilliant in the premier league & all the pundits on the TV & radio will be talking about him. He is far better than Cattermole & will prove it.

£750k for Kirchoff was a steal.. He looks like a class act tbf.

It just shows that players are out there if scouts do their jobs properly, Just look at Kante at Leicester 8M Euro, What an amazing player.

Sunderland can keep Cattermole, Far better players out there.

I think there is a good deal to be struck by Boro there. The lad clearly has talent and he won't be anywhere near Contes thoughts and he won't have a chance at Chelsea. Can't see him costing more than 2,5 million.