oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

We do have a lot of cards in our hands but don't forget the danger that more established PL clubs might be keeping an eye on him.

Imagine if Leicester came in for him and who is to say that they wouldn't? Stranger things have certainly happened. They might have won the league and have the Champions League but they'll still struggle to the top end players ahead of City, ***nal, United and maybe even Spurs. They'll have plenty of money to spend so I can't see them looking in the free agents market but if Ramirez has a stunning Copa America, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see interest from other PL clubs and if Leicester did so happen to be one of them, I think it'd be safe to say we'd struggle to bring him back.

I agree Wilson if he has a good copa America then I can see other prem clubs having a look if there not already. But then again this could all be for nothing and the deal could already be about done just waiting for his contract to run out before announcing it.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i bet saints have an option to extend his contract for another year. doubt they extend it. its just messing him about that. its not worked out for him.

i'd imagine they will be desperate to free up his wage to buy other targets. extending it with a view to getting a fee for him is to risky. they'll just end up with a top earner sat in the reserves and warming the bench.

Yep there isn't a chance in hell he's going to stay at Southampton. He's flopped there for 3 and a half years and they aren't going to offer him a contract extension based on half a good season for a club in a lower league. They want him off the wage bill.

How is this different from the other two, sorry three, transfer threads?

It's different insofar as Atokous is this thread's author and Atokous will remain its author after the upcoming mergers. Much depends on who posts first and this thread is older than the others.

Why wouldn't you just use KM's post and let km be in charge? The guy breathes transfer news.

As explained above, using "KM"'s post wouldn't work because it's too young and it wouldn't still be opening post following the proposed mergers. That aside, I agree that "KM" would have been a great candidate for the expert summariser job but he never applied. Also, we have already seen what a splendid job Atokous does.

Does it really matter? We will now have one transfer thread in which the original OP will be duly updated with any movement.

When a player signs we can open a tread about that specific player.

Does it really matter? We will now have one transfer thread in which the original OP will be duly updated with any movement.

No it doesn't matter at all, pointless argument.

No it doesn't matter at all, pointless argument.

I'm sorry can you take this to the 'Pointless argument thread' please..