oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

It seems like common sense to me to keep those who played important roles this season, and cast off fringe players only, and replace with guys to compete with starters or the few important rotation team players we have. So Leadbitter stays, but sure if we can get competition for him fine. Nugent should be given a chance too, and we may need someone like Bamford as well, not instead of.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bamford is a yes for me and he wouldnt command a place in the starting line up because of his performance last season in the prem. He is however someone who has proved he fits well into our system, he will have good friends here still and that will help him settle well. He is young and british and will offer stiff competition to Rhodes and Nugent.

Ramirez is without doubt a must sign.

and we should build the team around Him, Friend, Clayton, Ayala and Gibbo.

Kalas is a good squad player that can be utilized in other positions.

In my Opinion a 1st choice GK is required along with a recognized RB, a contender for CB, replacement/Cover for Leadbetter, a better Albert Adomah, Bamford and a couple of squad players.

Micah Richards anyone?

If we did cash in on Nugent, I'd take Bamford as a replacement to challenge for the Centre Forward position. Id be looking to add in a Fixed Fee Buying clause into the deal, too - just so if he does impress for us, we'd have first refusal.

I do think people are harsh on Nugent, especially given the amount of assists he notched up last term; a couple of which were, I believe, whilst playing up top with Rhodes.

There is absolutely no way that the captain of our club, who was the catalyst for us getting promoted with a meeting at his house, is going to be sold in the summer.

The fact that people are evenot questioning this shows how loyalty is so fickle in football these days. Apart from Dimi due to his age and performances, I think the squad deserves a crack.

That's not saying that we don't need to strengthen, because we do, but an integral partnership of Clayton and Leadbitter isn't going to be thrown away so easily by the club without even been giving a shot.

There is absolutely no way that the captain of our club, who was the catalyst for us getting promoted with a meeting at his house, is going to be sold in the summer.

The fact that people are evenot questioning this shows how loyalty is so fickle in football these days. Apart from Dimi due to his age and performances, I think the squad deserves a crack.

That's not saying that we don't need to strengthen, because we do, but an integral partnership of Clayton and Leadbitter isn't going to be thrown away so easily by the club without even been giving a shot.

100% agree with you, MBP. Good post

100% agree with you, MBP. Good post

For me, the people who I believe deserves and chance and/or has ability for the Prem would be:

Gibbo

Ayala

Friend

Clayton

Leadbitter

Downing (more hope he finds his feet)

Rhodes

We were promoted with a great squad and some very solid championship players, but I think we have to be ruthless if we want to stay in the Premier League.

You have to feel a bit sorry for Nugent if we decide to move him on. Was instrumental for Leicester in their promotion season and wasn't really given a chance in the Prem with them. Sold to us where he played a big part in promotion and will maybe be sold again. I can see why though. He isn't going to be my first or second choice striker and someone like Bamford is a better footballer. If we could offload Nugent for 2,5 and buy Bamford for 6 I'd be very very tempted. There is just so much potential in Bamford. But it has to be a permanent deal. If we want to consolidate the clubs future there is no point in developing a player like Bamford for Chelsea. Loan spots should be used for more established players that has lost a bit of form.

Anyways its all speculation as there has been no proof yet that we are actually looking at Bamford. And selling Leadbitter is a big no-no for me. I just think his influence in the squad is something we can't recoup in a transfer fee. It would be pointless selling him and I doubt he is someone who will kick up a fuss about only being a squad player next season should AK decide to bring in some big signing.

I understand people wanting to be loyal to Leadbitter & its a good debate what we would do with him...

I think he was barely good enough for us in the championship & he is one of the reasons we don't score as much as we should..

IMO we need a very good footballinf midfielder alongside Clayton, One who can drive us forward & spark attacks, Not someone who goes sideways & backwards almost all the time.

My back up midfield's would be De Start & Forshaw...

Like I said last high, Loyalty got Norwich relegated & Alex Neil practically said as much himself.

Wed are too far apart in out valuation of Leadbitter to even start a debate NB :) Saying he was barely good enough for the Championship is just baffling and you would rather rely on a totally unproven de Sart who hasn't even played a minute in this country over one of our most experienced og reliable characters. That's certainly one way of getting relegated. And Forshaw has had 18 months to dislodge Leadbitter and couldn't even do that.

Keeping Leadbitter is just common sense and not blind loyalty. Loyalty would be to give Dimi the starting spot next season.

Wed are too far apart in out valuation of Leadbitter to even start a debate NB :) Saying he was barely good enough for the Championship is just baffling and you would rather rely on a totally unproven de Sart who hasn't even played a minute in this country over one of our most experienced og reliable characters. That's certainly one way of getting relegated. And Forshaw has had 18 months to dislodge Leadbitter and couldn't even do that.

Keeping Leadbitter is just common sense and not blind loyalty. Loyalty would be to give Dimi the starting spot next season.

I said barely good enough for us, Meaning a team challenging for automatic promotion. I think he is a solid championship player but that's about it.

IMO Forshaw is a better player than Leadbitter & should of been Clayton's partner from the start of the season. AK is over cautious & will almost all the time GI with the note defensive player, We will need more than that in midfield in the premier league.

De Start is somewhat of a risk but he would be a back up player, All the players we play next season who haven't got premier league experience/Very little experience are a risk..

The transfer window is still open after the season starts so AK would have time to bring more experience if needed.

Where are the rumours that we are selling Nugent coming from?

I think personally he'd be worth keeping, he contributed a fair amount to our promotion as did Leadbitter. We need a squad of 25 players that can all offer something in the Premiership, I'm not sure that we should be offloading all the players that fans have got a bit bored of.

As far as Bamford goes, he was our number 1 target last season, I can't imagine he's fallen down AK's list, I think we'll try and sign him and I think he'll be a big asset for us.

Where are the rumours that we are selling Nugent coming from?

I think personally he'd be worth keeping, he contributed a fair amount to our promotion as did Leadbitter. We need a squad of 25 players that can all offer something in the Premiership, I'm not sure that we should be offloading all the players that fans have got a bit bored of.

As far as Bamford goes, he was our number 1 target last season, I can't imagine he's fallen down AK's list, I think we'll try and sign him and I think he'll be a big asset for us.

Stubbzy mentioned we definately have had inquiries about him. Whether we sell is another matter.

I will say it now.. I expect Leadbitter to start the season & if he does... AK will realise that he isn't good enough to start in the premier league & will be a back up player before Christmas, Then he will be sold January or next summer.

I can't see any of the first team from last year getting sold tbh. AK has his tactics and formation drilled into the players and with the Euro's this year transfers mite not be completed till later in the window.

Bar Gaston I can't remember any of the new signings going straight into the team he normally brings them in gradually when they know the shape,tactics and r style of pressing