•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know if anyone has already posted this or how reliable

Transfer Centre 9 ‏@TransferCentre9

Middlesbrough midfielder Christian Stuani is subject of a £2.5M bid from Boca Juniors #boro

I have no knowledge regarding this but it would not surprise me either and in fact brings me to a matter worthy of discussion about just how well South American footballers settle into and do very well in the EPL, not Europe thinking loudly about warmer climates but England when it can be very wet and cold on a match day.

So now we have 2 South American players associated with Boro that are subject to speculation and leaning towards not playing for Boro.

Apart from the obvious Juninho and others of his time and shortly after have there been many real successes of SA players doing very well in England, apart from say those who have played for London clubs?

I just feel it is a massive gamble to go for South American players whereas those from Scandanavian and Dutch/German origins fare much better due to being able to acclimatise much easier, and also far easier to hop over the Channel and North Sea to see friends and family

Would that be a loss? Can't remember but I think we paid more than that. Either way I can't see it happening

Read that twitter account's posts just an endless torrent of *** being sprayed with the hope some of it sticks.

Don't know if anyone has already posted this or how reliable

Transfer Centre 9 ‏@TransferCentre9

Middlesbrough midfielder Christian Stuani is subject of a £2.5M bid from Boca Juniors #boro

I have no knowledge regarding this but it would not surprise me either and in fact brings me to a matter worthy of discussion about just how well South American footballers settle into and do very well in the EPL, not Europe thinking loudly about warmer climates but England when it can be very wet and cold on a match day.

So now we have 2 South American players associated with Boro that are subject to speculation and leaning towards not playing for Boro.

Apart from the obvious Juninho and others of his time and shortly after have there been many real successes of SA players doing very well in England, apart from say those who have played for London clubs?

I just feel it is a massive gamble to go for South American players whereas those from Scandanavian and Dutch/German origins fare much better due to being able to acclimatise much easier, and also far easier to hop over the Channel and North Sea to see friends and family

Sanchez/Aguero/Lamela/Mascherano/Tevez/Luiz/Oscar/Ramires/Alex/Valenciax2/Cambiasso/Firmino/Lanzini/Zabaleta off the top of my head have been recent successes at their clubs.

The thing to remember is as well DS that there's far fewer South Americans in the PL than there are Europeans so there's always going to be a far lower number of successes but not necessarily a reduced success rate.

If you've been to Argentina in the winter it's pretty cold and wet, the same with The south of Brazil.

As is Uruguay.

Someone on Twitter is claiming that this is Tiote's car at Rockliffe lol

In 2013 his number plate was T10 TEV.  It was in all the papers at the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358855/Newcastle-midfielder-Cheick-Tiote-fight-claims-used-false-Belgian-driving-permit-UK-licence.html

Might have changed it since mind or have an alternative one.

Maybe he's staying over for the weekend. I'm sure footballers will stay over at the hotel without them signing for us.

If he is signing it'll be a decent acquisition if he can find his form of a few years ago, on recent form though I think he'd be a waste of money.