oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Alan Judge has just been warned by the FA for breaching anti doping regulations :(

Turns out it was just common Asthma medication Salbutamol.

I'm still a fan of Judge and I think his workrate and fast breaks fits with Karanka's style of play. I know he's had a major injury and Brentford would want big money for him. He'd do a better job than Downing!

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all those who keep throwing the word around, if this Tiote rumour has legs I'd use it as a perfect example of how "moneyball" signings work. Spotting a use for players that are deemed unfashionable or have been written off so you get them on the cheap

Do we use the moneyball system to identify players though? I've never heard it mentioned before.

Plus I don't think the purpose of moneyball is to buy cheap players to sell on at a profit. I think it's more of a tool to recruit players based on statistics.

Regardless of how people feel about Tiote's current form, he has been in a toxic environment with the mags for years, he's still only 29 and has plenty of prem experience, he wouldn't be the worst squad signing, especially on the cheap.

Many of the players at Newcastle contributed to the toxic environment. Tiote only picked up his toys and put them back in the pram after Rafa came back to the club after previously looking for a big money move to China.

Alan Judge has just been warned by the FA for breaching anti doping regulations :(

Turns out it was just common Asthma medication Salbutamol.

I'm still a fan of Judge and I think his workrate and fast breaks fits with Karanka's style of play. I know he's had a major injury and Brentford would want big money for him. He'd do a better job than Downing!

Id rather lean towards the player with 10 years of Prem experience. Reckon downing will be much better next year when he is back in familiar surroundings on the pitch.

I swear some people don't read anything about the influence that Leadbitter has had on the team this year.

1- Club captain

2- organised the meeting which kick started our amazing run

3- loved by Karanka

4- Played with injections for the last 5 games.

There is no chance what so ever that Leadbitter will be sold, or benched for the up coming season.

Tiote will be cover, and not exactly terrible?

Regardless of how people feel about Tiote's current form, he has been in a toxic environment with the mags for years, he's still only 29 and has plenty of prem experience, he wouldn't be the worst squad signing, especially on the cheap.

Many of the players at Newcastle contributed to the toxic environment. Tiote only picked up his toys and put them back in the pram after Rafa came back to the club after previously looking for a big money move to China.

I don't blame him for trying to leave haha. Obviously he wasn't pulling his weight for the other managers, but at worst he has been a solid if uninspiring defensive midfielder in the prem for years, AK has shown he can work wonders with defensive players so i think he could possibly get him back to his best. Like a few have said, we need a few boring bread and butter, older experienced prem players in, he wouldn't be my first choice either, but like i said, we could do worse.

there has been a great deal of unprofessoinalism during the last 2 or 3 years from Newcastle players and from my point of view  Toite doesnt come out of it at all well . 

Really hope we stay clear but i did hear we were monitoring his situation  ..

For all those who keep throwing the word around, if this Tiote rumour has legs I'd use it as a perfect example of how "moneyball" signings work. Spotting a use for players that are deemed unfashionable or have been written off so you get them on the cheap

Do we use the moneyball system to identify players though? I've never heard it mentioned before.

Plus I don't think the purpose of moneyball is to buy cheap players to sell on at a profit. I think it's more of a tool to recruit players based on statistics.

We don't as far as I'm aware but people keep using the term to describe signing young players with potential and selling them at a profit.

Was just pointing out signing Tiote would fit more of a moneyball buy because it's getting someone undervalued

I don't blame him for trying to leave haha. Obviously he wasn't pulling his weight for the other managers, but at worst he has been a solid if uninspiring defensive midfielder in the prem for years, AK has shown he can work wonders with defensive players so i think he could possibly get him back to his best. Like a few have said, we need a few boring bread and butter, older experienced prem players in, he wouldn't be my first choice either, but like i said, we could do worse.

I agree with you on that front however that player is more of a James Morrison.

Tiote's been living off his good season in 2012. He's not boring - more terrifying with reckless tackles and risky passes.

He's put in a series of low effort performances for a number of seasons, only perking up for the 10 or so games that Benitez came in. If we're looking for prem experience (which we know doesn't come cheaply) it has to be someone who's a steady but consistent player, not a maverick like Tiote.

Gaston Ramirez's agent: "Two Premier League clubs have contacted me, we're evaluating which would be the better choice." (@cmdotcom)

Gaston Ramirez's agent: "Two Premier League clubs have contacted me, we're evaluating which would be the better choice." (@cmdotcom)

Evaluating which would be the better choice? Obviously Middlesbrough why would they even consider the other one.

I swear some people don't read anything about the influence that Leadbitter has had on the team this year.

1- Club captain

2- organised the meeting which kick started our amazing run

3- loved by Karanka

4- Played with injections for the last 5 games.

There is no chance what so ever that Leadbitter will be sold, or benched for the up coming season.

Tiote will be cover, and not exactly terrible?

Leadbitter might start the season but if he's still first choice after 10 games I'll be blown away.

Never mind Tiote, I wouldn't have anyone from the Geordie squad, they were absolutely spineless last season, we want players who are hungry for success not players who hide when it gets tough.

agree apart from Krul