oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Dimi is a bang average championship player with far too many mistakes in his game, why can't people see this

The reason people can't see it is because your argument doesn't hold water,the stats speak for themselves and that's not an opinion.

Just in the last few months he has made huge mistakes against wolves reading and brum, you don't get away with those in the prem

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would like a new keeper but Dimi should start the season without a doubt. When he first came to the club we were all saying he wasn't good enough for the championship because he'd not really had any experience at this level. Those of you suggesting he needs to be immediately replaced know nothing about leadership.

I'd like a new keeper as our back up isn't good enough. Then let him and Dimi battle it out in training and see who earns the No1 jersey.

Dimi concerned me towards the end of last season, he was a weak link and the defence is general wasn't as strong due to his mistakes.

He's a great guy, done fantastically well but the PL is a different level, he will need to fight for his place and if a new keeper comes in and does really well in training and pre season games then he should start.

Dimi is a bang average championship player with far too many mistakes in his game, why can't people see this

The reason people can't see it is because your argument doesn't hold water,the stats speak for themselves and that's not an opinion.

Just in the last few months he has made huge mistakes against wolves reading and brum, you don't get away with those in the prem

why hold on to individual mistakes. all keepers/players/humans make these, its how they perform in general what counts. I'd much prefer additional money be spent on outfield options than replacing Dimi/Mejias..

That's 3 games in a 46 game season.

why hold on to individual mistakes. all keepers/players/humans make these, its how they perform in general what counts. I'd much prefer additional money be spent on outfield options than replacing Dimi/Mejias..

So would I.

I think Dimi knows the crack and is just being a little mischievious. His stats to speak for themselves and I would say he has earned the right to start as our No.1 next year. Although I do believe we need to sign a new keeper as well.

Personally I don't think he is good enough to be our No.1 in the Premier League, but I also believe that we have to give him a chance to prove us wrong. Like he did when he first joined.

With the career he has had, I think he would be buzzing to have at least a few games as a Premier League goalkeeper especially given his age.

He's earned the right to be given an opportunity. He hasn't earned the right to start. His stats do speak for themselves....how many clean sheets does he have in the Prem?

At 35+ the fact he has never played at the top level to me is telling. He was great last year but this a different ball game.

He hasn't played in the Premier League so that is a stupid point. How many goals had Jamie Vardy scored in the Premier League on this date two years ago. None because he hadn't had the opportunity to play in the Premier League like Dimi (Not comparing them in terms of quality before anybody starts!!).

*slow hand clap for Will, Bantsford and MMC*

Dimi concerned me towards the end of last season, he was a weak link and the defence is general wasn't as strong due to his mistakes.

He's a great guy, done fantastically well but the PL is a different level, he will need to fight for his place and if a new keeper comes in and does really well in training and pre season games then he should start.

The weakest link toward the end appeared to be Ayala tbh, since he came back from his "injury" his head wasn't in it. The amount of sloppy errors he made was ridiculous.

I think Dimi knows the crack and is just being a little mischievious. His stats to speak for themselves and I would say he has earned the right to start as our No.1 next year. Although I do believe we need to sign a new keeper as well.

Personally I don't think he is good enough to be our No.1 in the Premier League, but I also believe that we have to give him a chance to prove us wrong. Like he did when he first joined.

With the career he has had, I think he would be buzzing to have at least a few games as a Premier League goalkeeper especially given his age.

He's earned the right to be given an opportunity. He hasn't earned the right to start. His stats do speak for themselves....how many clean sheets does he have in the Prem?

At 35+ the fact he has never played at the top level to me is telling. He was great last year but this a different ball game.

He hasn't played in the Premier League so that is a stupid point. How many goals had Jamie Vardy scored in the Premier League on this date two years ago. None because he hadn't had the opportunity to play in the Premier League like Dimi (Not comparing them in terms of quality before anybody starts!!).

You made the same argument for him not being good enough for the championship about 2 years ago. How did that pan out?

I still don't understand what Dimi did wrong against Birmingham? People keep talking about Gleeson's goal as if it was his fault, failing to mention the disastrous defensive display that went on in front of him, the ball should never have fallen to Gleeson and he should not have had so much bloody space to shoot from. I'd go as far as to say we could have done something about stopping that cross from coming into the box as well. Gleeson got some bloody welly on that shot, you could tell because Dimi got a hand to it but it just wasn't enough.

Are we all supposed to just forget about the times Dimi pulled us out of it as well? I found this video with just a few of his saves from this year on, the ones that immediately stand out from this are Forest away, Brighton away and of course Ipswich away:

Yes he has made some mistakes and yes we need a bring in a new keeper to really push him for that starting spot but you'd think he'd been a complete liability all season reading some of the stuff on here.

You made the same argument for him not being good enough for the championship about 2 years ago. How did that pan out?

Did i? Show me.

It's getting feisty!

SO...

Mandi we think has gone quiet because he is has just got married - seen the tweet, bit weird he only uploaded a photo of himself posing but there you go.

Skrtel - we think is not going to happen? or is?

Praet - looks like he has going to Sevilla

Ziyech - Just that one guy who the Dutch's media are now quoting.

Llorente - any news?

Did i? Show me.

I really can't be ***d searching through the forum, it was during one of your tantrums about selling Steele and him being ousted by a lower league jobber (Dimi), you made an argument that basically said that because he had spent most of his career in the lower leagues that is essentially where he belongs and he was definitely no better than your dear Jason.