oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

? | Besiktas and Middlesbrough have both tabled £7m for Martin Skrtel. #LFC

Anfield Express on Twitter. Same account that said we wanted Skrtel quite a while back way way before The Sun

That's a lot of money for Skrtel especially when you think how much his wages will be.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just seen that Westwood has a 2,5 million release clause in his contract. That suddenly makes him a lot more attractive. He would certainly offer good competition for Dimi. Although I haven't been overly enthusiastic about bringing in another keeper from the lower league that price makes him a lot more attractive as we can spend money elsewhere.

Sooo, another one of Europes top talents are available on the market. Basel are looking to sell 19 year old forward Breel Embolo this summer. Huge talent and already has over 100 first team appearances. Would love him at Boro, although it's very unrealistic. He'll probably go to a team like Spurs who can afford to slowly integrate him in the Premiership.

Thinking about it, just how appealing does Spurs look to the worlds biggest talents. They can offer everything and have a very good record at bringing talents through in recent years. I really hope we can build such a reputation too in the coming years.

Sit back and enjoy the ride boys, I'm sure it won't be too long before we're bringing in some very interesting signings.

Rob Hulse?

Hahaaaaaaa, how has that name not cropped up before now.

In the Gazette.. Thoughts of a Danish journalist about Fischer...

He's not really fast, Not a great dribbler, Not big & strong & not a great passer of the ball.

Not a very encouraging opinion... He does go on to say he is a good finisher though.

If anyone is interested.. If you search for the game Denmark game on YouTube the full game is on there, Fischer played about 60 minutes..

Someone might want to post a link for others to watch.

He's not really fast, Not a great dribbler, Not big & strong & not a great passer of the ball.

Not a very encouraging opinion... He does go on to say he is a good finisher though.

If anyone is interested.. If you search for the game Denmark game on YouTube the full game is on there, Fischer played about 60 minutes..

Yeh I read this and I was a little disheartened about it. I would say though its the opinion of a Journo. If anyone can coach someone in to a good palyer it'd be Aitor. I just hope the fans give the kid time to develop also and maybe he'll settle in to a good player. Hope we dont write him off if he's not fully developed after 6 months..

On a related note, wonder if we've seen the last of De Pena

Yeh I read this and I was a little disheartened about it. I would say though its the opinion of a Journo. If anyone can coach someone in to a good palyer it'd be Aitor. I just hope the fans give the kid time to develop also and maybe he'll settle in to a good player. Hope we dont write him off if he's not fully developed after 6 months..

On a related note, wonder if we've seen the last of De Pena

I think it could take Fischer a little while to settle, S bit like Mahrez at Leicester.

Reckon the journo is being a little too critical there. He may not have the speed of Walcott but he is quicker than the average footballer. Yeah he's not the best of dribbler, but neither was Downing when he broke through. He is an excellent finisher though and that is his strongest point. When presented with a chance in the box he is rather clinical.

His goal today was a perfect example of that. It looked as though he was going to put it in the far corner, and as soon as the keeper moved that way he just rolled it into the near corner. I'm mostly interested in where AK is going to play him. Probably on the left, but he must then be given the permission to move inside like Stuani does on the right. (he's a better winger than Stuani though). But Downing is still a step or two ahead of Fischer so he's probably going to come off the bench for the start of the season unless he has a blistering pre-season.

Reckon the journo is being a little too critical there. He may not have the speed of Walcott but he is quicker than the average footballer. Yeah he's not the best of dribbler, but neither was Downing when he broke through. He is an excellent finisher though and that is his strongest point. When presented with a chance in the box he is rather clinical.

His goal today was a perfect example of that. It looked as though he was going to put it in the far corner, and as soon as the keeper moved that way he just rolled it into the near corner. I'm mostly interested in where AK is going to play him. Probably on the left, but he must then be given the permission to move inside like Stuani does on the right. (he's a better winger than Stuani though). But Downing is still a step or two ahead of Fischer so he's probably going to come off the bench for the start of the season unless he has a blistering pre-season.

2/3 seasons ago Fischer was talked about as one of the big young talents.. What was he knowing for then to make him attract interest from big clubs?.

2/3 seasons ago Fischer was talked about as one of the big young talents.. What was he knowing for then to make him attract interest from big clubs?.

Probably the same as now, although he was only 18 then and better than most his peers. Probably hasn't really developed those skills mainly because of injuries. So while he has gotten older he hasn't gotten as good as he looked like he could have become.