oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Im quite surprised when people say, for example, so-and-so player is not worth 5m or 7m is too much for this player, etc etc. Ok that may be, but reading some of the gazette articles recently, didnt we pay like 7m for the likes of boateng?

I guess what im saying is weve suddenly got this windfall of cash from being in the premier league at its most profitable time, and were being linked with players that are no more costly than some of the standard of players we had 10 years ago! If these players we're going for arent worth 5m, 7m, etc, why arent we pushing for better players at a little more cost?! Were richer now than weve ever been! Im right in thinking that no?

Also as times have changed, player prices have increased yea? So a player of boatengs abilities was 7m, would be more than that now. Do we not want better players than those we used to have??

I feel weve suddenly got all this money and were a bit stingy with spending it. If were actually after quality players, shouldnt most of them be breaking the record alves fee to begin with? I know its early, but thats just my thoughts

Players aren't worth more, prices don't rise with inflation. It's just top clubs are willing to overspend on top players. I think we'd still be paying the same for a player of Boateng's calibre now as we did then. Plus their are plenty of other factors, new managers coming in and not wanting a player, clubs not wanting high earners sat on a bench because they've bought someone better, etc etc

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im quite surprised when people say, for example, so-and-so player is not worth 5m or 7m is too much for this player, etc etc. Ok that may be, but reading some of the gazette articles recently, didnt we pay like 7m for the likes of boateng?

I guess what im saying is weve suddenly got this windfall of cash from being in the premier league at its most profitable time, and were being linked with players that are no more costly than some of the standard of players we had 10 years ago! If these players we're going for arent worth 5m, 7m, etc, why arent we pushing for better players at a little more cost?! Were richer now than weve ever been! Im right in thinking that no?

Also as times have changed, player prices have increased yea? So a player of boatengs abilities was 7m, would be more than that now. Do we not want better players than those we used to have??

I feel weve suddenly got all this money and were a bit stingy with spending it. If were actually after quality players, shouldnt most of them be breaking the record alves fee to begin with? I know its early, but thats just my thoughts

I suspect that if the right man ( a game changer became available) and he was open to a move to a newly promoted club, then that cash would soon become available.

First of all, we are not being stingy with spending the money. The window isnt even open yet. Second, we can't afford to break the transfer record on 4-5 different players and still bring in extra cover. We will sign expensive players but not 4 players on 10 million each. Third, you can't compare Skertl and Boatengs fee or any other fee from 9 years ago. Each deal is different and player wages have also increased massively. A player of Boatengs caliber would easily cost over 50k a week. Btw I don't think Boatengs cost more than 4 million and he would easily be over 8-10 million today.

I suspect that if the right man ( a game changer became available) and he was open to a move to a newly promoted club, then that cash would soon become available.

It's just people expressing their opinion as if they had to do the deal. We live in an area where money is hard earned and nobody wants to feel that something they have a vested interest in is being taken advantage of. I think the Skrtel thing for boro is all agent talk tbh. I suppose we do have previous in paying a lot for players without much of a sell on value, such as Downing but I can't see us doing it for Skrtel. Players under contract will cost more for us due to the tv deal and we will have to get used to that.

I think we should have a £50k per week wage cap. Footballers wages are ridiculous. If that means we miss out on certain transfers, so be it.

Stupidest thing I've seen.

I think we should have a £50k per week wage cap. Footballers wages are ridiculous. If that means we miss out on certain transfers, so be it.

50K will probably be the minimum wage in the premier league soon, It's crazy amount of money footballers get paid nowadays & its only going to get crazier...

It's exciting that our team is a***st the elite teams :)

50K will probably be the minimum wage in the premier league soon, It's crazy amount of money footballers get paid nowadays & its only going to get crazier...

It's exciting that our team is a***st the elite teams :)

Leicester's must not have been much more than that?

Although I would admit that max 50k a week will be a decent championship team wage bill in a few years time way things are going