• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we should have a £50k per week wage cap. Footballers wages are ridiculous. If that means we miss out on certain transfers, so be it.

Stupidest thing I've seen.

Really? So you think that paying footballers £2.5M per year, while they top up their wages with sponsorship endorsements is not enough? I'm not sure who's being stupid here.

I actually think the amount of money being chucked at the players is becoming morally wrong. Hence my opinion about £50k per week wage cap. It's still an absurd amount of money for a footballer.... and quite frankly if we can't sign players for that, then I don't want them.

I stand by what I said.

Players are becoming so greedy, driven by agents as well.... and I know, the TV money. However, I personally think it's gone too far.

Would it be so wrong for there to be a drop in gate/ticket prices countrywide, where some of the money being poured in actually benefited the fans? I don't think that's SUCH a ridiculous thing to hope for either.

The moral component of wages is itself a whole other debate.

But to put a wage cap on players in this country would cripple the league. China, UAE etc would be the the super leagues. They did it in rugby union and the only way they could stop a mass exodus of top players was saying, if you go to play abroad you can't play for England.

If we lived in a perfect world maybe it would/could work. But we don't

It's all about working within your means and boro will have a wage budget to work to in order to make sure costs don't spiral out of control, but to try and implement a wage cap at the club would see us lose all the pulling power we would have to get in alot of our targets.

That said it is sickening what they earn

Rumours that Wanyama, Long and Pelle are set to leave Southampton. I'd be interested in all of them; though Wanyama will probably end up at ***nal.

All way way out of our reach, Long is probably slightly within reach but he'll have plenty of suitors. No chance of the other two. Can see Pochettino taking them to Spurs.

I can't see why any of these players would be out of reach. We really need to raise our expectations! Ravanelli, Boksic, Mendieta, Zenden, Geremi, etc......all supposedly out of reach based on clubs they were playing for at the time - they still came.

From the Mirror:

Swansea and Middlesbrough set for Pritchard battle

Swansea and Premier League new boys Middlesbrough are leading the chase for Tottenham youngster Alex Pritchard.

With interest mounting in attacking midfielder, Spurs have told Pritchard’s suitors it will take an offer of £8m to persuade them to sell.

Swansea have shown interest along with Boro, who are looking to bolster their attacking options ahead of their Premier League return. They agreed a deal worth around £4m for Ajax’s Danish winger Viktor Fischer last week.

A number of Championship clubs are also chasing Pritchard, who shone during a spell in the second tier on loan at Brentford in 2014/15. But with two Premier League sides already registering their interest, Pritchard is likely to secure the chance to stay in the top flight after spending the second half of last season on loan at West Brom.

From the Mirror:

Swansea and Premier League new boys Middlesbrough are leading the chase for Tottenham youngster Alex Pritchard.

With interest mounting in attacking midfielder, Spurs have told Pritchard’s suitors it will take an offer of £8m to persuade them to sell.

Swansea have shown interest along with Boro, who are looking to bolster their attacking options ahead of their Premier League return. They agreed a deal worth around £4m for Ajax’s Danish winger Viktor Fischer last week.

A number of Championship clubs are also chasing Pritchard, who shone during a spell in the second tier on loan at Brentford in 2014/15. But with two Premier League sides already registering their interest, Pritchard is likely to secure the chance to stay in the top flight after spending the second half of last season on loan at West Brom.

Finally a rumour! I'd take Pritchard but not at £8m.

From the Mirror:

He'll stay put and go back on loan unless Spurs lower their valuation, can't see anyone paying £8m for someone who's played so little recently. He is a fantastic prospect though.

I think this transfer window is going to be smashed in terms of the most amount of money spent.

It's already busy/Lots of money spent & the window isn't even open Lol.

I don't know what the record is for the most amount of money spent in one window but I think it will be eclipsed by about £200M...

It's going to be entertaining :)

From the Mirror:

He'll stay put and go back on loan unless Spurs lower their valuation, can't see anyone paying £8m for someone who's played so little recently. He is a fantastic prospect though.

English players are so overrated it's absolutely ridiculous. 8 million for a 23 year old who's only had a couple of substitute appearances in the top flight. Compare that to the price of Fischer and his merits at a top club. Let Spurs keep him in the reserves. 5 million at the very max.

Just to add something to the thread. Everyone knows I have contacts within Norwich and we have a bid for 2 players on the table

Bids from them on two of our players or the other way round?

Have you been told which players?

Just to add something to the thread. Everyone knows I have contacts within Norwich and we have a bid for 2 players on the table

Interesting. Any hints on which players and how much?

Cameron Jerome's finally coming back to where it all started. ;)

Bids from them on two of our players or the other way round?

Have you been told which players?

If it's us for 2 of theirs then I am frieghtend!

Interesting. Wonder who it could be. Hope it's Redmond and someone like Howson.

From the Mirror:

English players are so overrated it's absolutely ridiculous. 8 million for a 23 year old who's only had a couple of substitute appearances in the top flight. Compare that to the price of Fischer and his merits at a top club. Let Spurs keep him in the reserves. 5 million at the very max.

I was just about to post this, we got Fischer who was classed as one of the top talents in Europe only 2/3 seasons ago for only £4m. It'd be crazy to pay double that for a player with very very little top flight experience.