oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I'm sure Vossen, De Pena, Wildschut, Sola, Kike, Stuani, Carayol, all had similar videos.

Had they been around Vickers, Roberts, Beck, Morris, Moore, Whelan, Whelan, Fabio, Freestone, Peacock would have all had great videos too.

That's what I mean. Any professional player, especially attacker, looks good on youtube. It's not like I was blown away by that Ziyech video.

Me neither. Don't see the hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmmUVfEW5aw

It may be a bunch of Youtube montages making him appear better but the guy looks to have quality delivery, shooting and passing. 

I do think that everyone on here is a bit cautious given our last big money Dutch league acquisition who looked a cut above on the youtubes!

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure Vossen, De Pena, Wildschut, Sola, Kike, Stuani, Carayol, all had similar videos.

Had they been around Vickers, Roberts, Beck, Morris, Moore, Whelan, Whelan, Fabio, Freestone, Peacock would have all had great videos too.

That's what I mean. Any professional player, especially attacker, looks good on youtube. It's not like I was blown away by that Ziyech video.

What exactly are you guys expecting?

http://www.footalgerien.com/mercato-aissa-mandi-se-rapproche-de-middlesbrough/

Algerian international defender Stade de Reims Aissa Mandi is close to joining the Premier League as its president confessed.

Indeed, in comments given to Goal, the chairman of the club Reims Jean-Pierre Caillot an update on the hot issues of the transfer window. And President of Reims has lifted the veil on the future of Aissa Mandi: "We have an agreement for two years and this is independent of the relegation of the club. This year he has a good output if we receive a proposal that suits us. Aissa Mandi is in discussions with several clubs.

This is very advanced with an English club (Middlesbrough, Ed) and we expect a proposal. If it suits us - which should not pose too many problems - he will start in the Premier League. "

I know it's only the Dutch league but here are some stats.

Shots on target - 72

Chances Created - 95

Dribbles Completed - 92

Free kick goals - 3

Goals - 17

Assists - 10

Pretty impressive for a midfielder in a team that struggled so much.

Also scored a couple for Morocco last week.

I know it's only the Dutch league but here are some stats.

Shots on target - 72

Chances Created - 95

Dribbles Completed - 92

Free kick goals - 3

Goals - 17

Assists - 10

Pretty impressive for a midfielder in a team that struggled so much.

Also scored a couple for Morocco last week.

Average rating of 7.75 also.

Totally agree with both, to be honest it just shows how bad that leagues defenders are! I think it sums it up the fact Luke De Jong is regarded as one of the better strikers in that league and let's all remember what he did for Newcastle in the Premier league...

Agreed Bd give me the footage and a bit of time and I'll have you believe Leadbitter is Iniesta.

TB when your sent to scout players are you given certain attributes to look for etc or do you put together a general over view of what you see?!

With the tech clubs have now they know all the attributes and can pull up VOD of players from one attribute to full games.

A lot of clubs then use a service like opta stats to track performances and if it ticks enough boxes they'll send someone to have a subjective view of the guy. They can be tracking thousands of players a week.

Normally I'd have a few conversations with their recruitment team to find out what they are after and any specific needs.

In the states they give you a brief sheet.

What exactly are you guys expecting?

I'm not talking about the player and his ability I don't know the player. I just don't see the validity of forming an opinion based on a YouTube video. Too easy to manipulate and make anyone look good.

I suppose Christian Eriksen wasn't good enough for Tottenham when he left the Eredivisie with a similar record to Ziyech's current record, except Eriksen was playing in a better team at Ajax than Twente currently is.